Live diary from the Regal Princess - Jan 14-28, 2018

lor74

Thank you so very much for your time and postings. You have really increased my anticipation of our upcoming cruise. So where are these wonderful desserts served? There are so many good looking desserts that I think I could just skip dinner and pig out on the sweets.

We will be on next cruise ~~ weather in Florida has improved, so hopefully weather in eastern Carib will be nice, sunny and warm. Forecasts are low 80s both air and sea. NORO, go away!!! I know Princess will do a good job cleaning.

My teenage daughter is on this cruise. She just sent a text to me about an hour ago saying she had the noro. She did the Falls in Jamaica but was in a small group - just her and 1 other person. They both caught the bug. Guess there is something in the water....

My teenage daughter is on this cruise. She just sent a text to me about an hour ago saying she had the noro. She did the Falls in Jamaica but was in a small group - just her and 1 other person. They both caught the bug. Guess there is something in the water....

In Jamaica, nothing surprises me anymore.

On Wed we were in Jamaica. Early Thursday morning I woke up with a raw throat, and was lethargic all day. On Friday my throat was a little better, but as the day went on, my sinuses started acting up. On this day Ro was out for the count. Today started off ok with my throat feeling better, but then my sinuses went to the races. After lunch I basically quarantined myself in the cabin with a full blown head cold. Oy, what a week! We went to the buffet for a quick dinner, and now I am back in the cabin for the night. Hopefully tomorrow I can hit the reset button and start over fresh. Here is my mid-cruise report. While the following is not positive, please note that I am not writing this in a negative frame of mind...I am just telling it like it is:

If I list all of my past cruises in order from top to bottom, even the "worst" of them was a good vacation because we had great weather. I can state without hesitation, that this week has been my worst cruise! From cold and windy days, to getting sick...we could not compete with the external influences. As for the cruise itself, this is our 4th overall week on the Regal (+ 10days on Royal) and it has not been up to par. I guess a lot of it falls on the CD..."bird" something...can't tell you his name, as I haven't actually seen him. On our previous sailings, headliners were not in Live, so we did not have the issue of no available seats. Getting to the theatre 30 min early is one thing, but getting there an hour early and needing to sit through another program is quite different. Is it really necessary to keep showing the same material on MUTS, and to even repeat it in the same week? We are not complicated when it comes to food. The Regal has a very good salad selection, and when we both start with a big plate of veg, it does not take anything special to complete the meal. With that being said, the buffet also felt uninspired and repetitive. This was not the case on our previous sailings. The final big negative is the Crown Grill. I already told the story of what happened, and today I went back to try and get refunded for her meal or maybe even get invited back for another try next week. This wasn't even a conversation. "Head waiter Ion" told me that he already spoke to his superiors, and they said the charge should remain. I went to passenger services because I wanted an official complaint on the record for this, and the person there blew me off. He said he would put my complaint in the system, but he really didn't care as the CG is out of his domain. What can I say...to treat an Elite passenger ( any passenger, but especially someone who gives you repeat business) like this over $29 and a stupid lobster tail....bad business if you ask me!

Ok, enough negativity! On the positive side, embarkation was great. Most of the staff are awesome. Our room Steward "Paul" is amazing. Our cabin is great. The captain is taking the outbreak very seriously. It could always be worse...

I know without a doubt, that the week to come will be better!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do people get sick in fresh flowing waster?????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having been there 33 years ago and having done the Dune River Falls I think that your typo may be more accurate than you know. Fresh flowing water, maybe, however, contaminated by dozens of people, and those are just the ones that you see. I would never do it again, and actually, nor would I be inclined to get off of the ship in Jamaica. YMMV.

Hope that your second week is better.

I. guess a lot of it falls on the CD..."bird" something...can't tell you his name, as I haven't actually seen him. On our previous sailings, headliners were not in Live, so we did not have the issue of no available seats. Getting to the theatre 30 min early is one thing, but getting there an hour early and needing to sit through another program is quite different.

Do you know how long the CD will be on? We board on February 2nd for 2 weeks. Also who is the entertainment director because they are responsible for all the scheduling? Hope next week is better for you.

Thanks.

Hope you feel better. When you get home you should email princess customer relations and let them know of your bad experience at the Crown Grill and the attitude of the person you spoke with at Passenger Services on the ship. They will certainly pass the info to whomever needs to know and also might be more inclined to refund your money... possibly by some OBC on another cruise.

Having been there 33 years ago and having done the Dune River Falls I think that your typo may be more accurate than you know. Fresh flowing water, maybe, however, contaminated by dozens of people, and those are just the ones that you see. I would never do it again, and actually, nor would I be inclined to get off of the ship in Jamaica. YMMV.

Hope that your second week is better.

Jamaica- NO way for most people. Who need it on vacation?

http://www.newsweek.com/tourists-advised-not-leave-resorts-jamaica-after-murder-spike-us-state-786057