1 year old baby in dining room

hello,

We are a group of 7adults and 1 baby booked to go on royal carribean symphony of the seas in June.

Is a 1 year old baby allowed in the main dining room?

Is there a curfew!?

Obviously a screaming child would be removed at any time but if it's quietly sitting in its high chair is that acceptable?

Booking dinner- do we book a table for 6 ( as the baby is in a high chair and not needing a place setting) or do we book a table for 7?

Same goes for the bars, is there a time after which he's not welcome to accompany us?

We have heard you can sometimes hire a baby sitter for a few hours if booked well in advance... does anyone know if this is indeed a service offered by royal carribean?

What is the price? Does baby go to a crèche or do they babysit within the cabin?

Helps us plan our trip by knowing our options.

Many many thanks!

Laura

A 1-year old baby is definitely allowed in the dining room. There isn't any curfew that I'm aware of for an infant that is accompanied by his family. We had our infant asleep in a stroller next to us while we sat at a table in the schooner bar, champagne bar and the pub and it was never an issue.

The Symphony has a nursery on board where you can book time in advance, each child is allotted a certain number of hours over the course of the week. It's $6 an hour during the day and $8 an hour in the evening. You drop your child off at the designated nursery and the staff takes care of them and plays with them. You can make changes/cancel/book more hours over the course of the week or drop-off without an appointment however it is all based on availability, so the only way to guarantee a spot is to book in advance on the day you board the ship.

Some ships offer very limited in-cabin baby sitting however that is more expensive than the nursery and it isn't always available.

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer them for you. We took our son on the Allure when he was 10 months old and Oasis when he was a few months shy of 2 years old.

hello,

We are a group of 7adults and 1 baby booked to go on royal carribean symphony of the seas in June.

Is a 1 year old baby allowed in the main dining room? yes

Is there a curfew!? pretty sure he'll be asleep long before the 1 am curfew and it only;y applies to children not with an adult anyway

Obviously a screaming child would be removed at any time but if it's quietly sitting in its high chair is that acceptable? yes

Booking dinner- do we book a table for 6 ( as the baby is in a high chair and not needing a place setting) or do we book a table for 7? seven. he still takes up a seat at the table even if no forks are involved.

Same goes for the bars, is there a time after which he's not welcome to accompany us? in the lounge areas is fine. AT the actual bar is frowned upon at any time. after 10 some of the lounges do go to adults only

We have heard you can sometimes hire a baby sitter for a few hours if booked well in advance... does anyone know if this is indeed a service offered by royal carribean? yes.. but you will not know until you board whether or not your cruise will have in cabin sitting.. it is done by crew members on off duty who want extra cash. some ships have a nursery

What is the price? Does baby go to a crèche or do they babysit within the cabin? nursery cost is like $6 an hour before a certain time and $8 after that.. in cabin sitting runs $20 an hour and they will send 2.

Many many thanks!

Laura

no swim diapers allowed at all so unless there is a splash pad, junior cannot use any of the water facilities on board. you need to check the particular stat for your ship to find out whether or not there is a nursery. ( not to be confused with the kids club programming)

Absolutely allowed. A well behaved child is more than welcome. Last week on the Liberty we were sitting in the theater waiting for Saturday Night Fever to start. Had saved a couple of seats for friends that never showed up. As the lights went down, a couple with a small baby came up and asked if they could take them. I was a bit hesitant as I was sure the baby would fuss through the show but there was no way I was going to deny seats that weren't mine.

I have to say this was the quietest baby ever. Not a peep. And it was awake the whole time. The only noise was the father very very slowy trying to open a cookie package for him/her. He was trying to be so careful and it only made it worse. I wanted to say just rip it open and get it over with. haha.

Go for it.

Baby in dining room is ok as long as s/he is wearing a suit or dress on formal night.

/sarcasm

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)

When we brought our 8 month old, we brought along an inflatable bathtub. It worked great for the bottom of the shower for him to splash and get a real bath. We also took it to the pool with us and dumped a couple of buckets of water in it so he could stay cooled off. Of course we did this in a low traffic area not to cause frustration to others, but it worked well.

Good luck!

Loving all the replies- it's so helpful to get advice and tips from you guys!

Baby tux will definately be on order!!!!

We traveled with our children and grandchildren, including a 9 month and 15 month old.. We had a great time. The dining room staff are well trained, this is clearly one of Royal Caribbean’s strengths. Don’t be reluctant to ask then for specific menu items and fast delivery for the baby.

Also, don’t worry about a fussy baby. That is the nature of life and if it bothers someone, they can move to a quiet area.

• 2 months later...
If you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer them for you. We took our son on the Allure when he was 10 months old and Oasis when he was a few months shy of 2 years old.

First of, Go Kings Go! Yay for fellow Kings fans.

Your post was so helpful. We're booked for Symphony this July, my first time with a little human in tow. I hope you don't mind sent you a friend request to pick your brain further.

no swim diapers allowed at all so unless there is a splash pad, junior cannot use any of the water facilities on board. you need to check the particular stat for your ship to find out whether or not there is a nursery. ( not to be confused with the kids club programming)

Absolutely not true. Probably best to not give advice when it is completely uninformed.

All oasis class have a small pool for those in swim diapers. It is about 6 inches deep and had its own filtration system independent of the rest of the splash pad kid zone so you are not allowed to bring those in swim diapers in the other areas for kids. But annoyingly most do it anyhow and your 1 year old will want to follow them if they can walk. Just note it is a small area for the swim diaper kids but it is better than no pool at all.

Absolutely not true. Probably best to not give advice when it is completely uninformed.

All oasis class have a small pool for those in swim diapers. It is about 6 inches deep and had its own filtration system independent of the rest of the splash pad kid zone so you are not allowed to bring those in swim diapers in the other areas for kids. But annoyingly most do it anyhow and your 1 year old will want to follow them if they can walk. Just note it is a small area for the swim diaper kids but it is better than no pool at all.

Poster did say "unless there is Splash Pad", for Wee Ones with Swim Diapers....

Poster did say "unless there is Splash Pad", for Wee Ones with Swim Diapers....

It isn’t a splash pad. It is a pool albeit very shallow for infants and toddlers. So splash pad/no splash pad had nothing to do with it.

Regardless, it is a kid zone anyhow not a splash pad. The whole area is pretty much a very shallow pool and totally differ than a splash pad.

My point is why chime in with advice when you don’t even know the facts. It doesn’t do the op any good to pass on incorrect info.

Loving all the replies- it's so helpful to get advice and tips from you guys!

Baby tux will definately be on order!!!!

I love the baby tux!!! My grandson started cruising at 6 months and wore his baby tux to MDR as he slept in his stroller for most of dinner service. He always wears a tux for formal nights. He is 8 now and loves his cruise time, especially the MDR because they spoil him and treat him like royalty. He gets served first and never waits for anything ♥️ Enjoy your cruise [emoji568]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Let me rephrase my question. Are non-potty trained babies allowed in Splashaway Bay, or do they need to go to another area?

Splashaway Bay is separated into two areas. The smaller circular shaped zone on the left with the smaller slides and other activities is where children with swim diapers will be allowed to play. The larger area on the right with the bigger slides is for potty trained kids only.

BTW - I’ve been having issues getting PM’s on here so if you sent me a message, I didn’t see it yet. My email is my username at yahoo. Feel free to shoot me an email with any questions you may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby in dining room is ok as long as s/he is wearing a suit or dress on formal night.

*LAUGH* We packed the formal diapers too!

The dining room is the BEST place for youngsters! You are seated and SERVED! No juggling plates, utensils and kids! Yes...they are welcomed!

I didn't think about that aspect. Ugh. I'm not a fan of the windjammer to begin with, but given that it's always packed my 'group' usually finds a seat and all but one person goes to gather food first - so at least that part won't be an adjustment for me.

I have a very pleasant baby, I'm just hoping we're not pushing our luck being in the dining room as her bed time nears if she is too interested in things around her to fall asleep!

Judy

Splashaway Bay is separated into two areas. The smaller circular shaped zone on the left with the smaller slides and other activities is where children with swim diapers will be allowed to play. The larger area on the right with the bigger slides is for potty trained kids

I hope you don’t mind me jumping in - we have a just turned 3 year old and will be cruising with her in a few weeks. She is fully toilet trained but I think the bigger slides will be too big for her :-/ do you think she would be allowed on the smaller slides?

For a three year old, that won’t be a problem at all based on my experiences at the splash pads on several oasis class ships. Your child should be completely fine if they prefer to play in the smaller splash pad.

hello,

Is a 1 year old baby allowed in the main dining room?

Is there a curfew!?

Obviously a screaming child would be removed at any time but if it's quietly sitting in its high chair is that acceptable?

Booking dinner- do we book a table for 6 ( as the baby is in a high chair and not needing a place setting) or do we book a table for 7?

Same goes for the bars, is there a time after which he's not welcome to accompany us?

We have heard you can sometimes hire a baby sitter for a few hours if booked well in advance... does anyone know if this is indeed a service offered by royal carribean?

What is the price? Does baby go to a crèche or do they babysit within the cabin?

Many many thanks!

Laura

It's fine to take the baby with you if you take it with you at home to decent restarants without a problem.

Enjoy! :D

• 5 years later...
On 4/19/2018 at 9:37 PM, kdnurs said:

I love the baby tux!!! My grandson started cruising at 6 months and wore his baby tux to MDR as he slept in his stroller for most of dinner service. He always wears a tux for formal nights. He is 8 now and loves his cruise time, especially the MDR because they spoil him and treat him like royalty. He gets served first and never waits for anything ♥️ Enjoy your cruise [emoji568]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did they always have room for the stoller in the MDR?  Our little guy will only be 6 months, so worried the high chair will be too big.  Was also thinking about one of those little chairs that hooks on the side of the table, but hard to know if it will fit, depends on the thickness of the table.

• Like 1