Fort Lauderdale Hotels

tbaby2020

Its not mentioned on their site and Trip Advisor has a review that they will start charging in 2018. I just sent a msg to the Springhill, Fairfield and Residence Inn to see if they offer a free port shuttle. I will report back when I hear from them.

Fairfield had a shuttle to the cruise terminal, but it was not free. I think it was something like $5 per person. That was one reason we usually chose Springhill as their cruise terminal shuttle was free.

We used to stay in Dania Beach at the Courtyard but the price for a single night in December was $250 up from the usual $119 so we did an AirBnB instead all in $100 stayed about 15 min from the port then took an Uber for $13 to the port. Something else to consider.

Hilton marina. Right on the water and you can watch the ships arrive. Good food with outdoor seating as well.

We always stay here. It’s a little pricey, but I love the location. You can catch the water taxi right underneath the bridge. You can see the ships if you have a higher room facing the port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are doing the Allure 4/29 - 5/6 Eastern Caribbean, looking at ....

RODEWAY INN & SUITES FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT & CRUISE PORT

2440 West State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33312

Check - In: Sat, 04/28/2018

Check - Out: Sun, 04/29/2018

2 QUEEN BEDS - NO SMOKING

Parking Area View, Exterior Corridor, Microwave and Refrigerator, 32 inch LCD/Plasma TV, Iron and Ironing Board

ORIGINAL RATE:$105 DISCOUNTED RATE:$98

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2017/01/best-hotels-near-fort-lauderdale-cruise-port/

Edited by LC Crusader Dad

Thanks. We considered that one but it does not have a shuttle to the port, only to the airport so we decided on the Courtyard. We are using points to pay and they are both the same amount so its a win :)

shoot. I thought that one did have a shuttle from what I read online. There's a big music festival the week we are in town so I suspect that is why some of the prices are so high.

There is Riverside Hotel on Los Olas and the 1, nice area lot's of good resturants. It's about 10-12 min to the airport and the port.

Mike

+1. Stayed there after my Allure TA and staying there again this year. Lots of shops and restaurants and suitable and safe for a solo traveller I feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RODEWAY INN & SUITES FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT & CRUISE PORT

I found this value - budget minded option, desired by some cruisers. The Rodeway Inn has good on-line reviews and is recommended by https://eatsleepcruise.com/2017/01/b...e-cruise-port/. It seems to offer want we need; clean rooms, convenient location to Airport/Cruise Terminal, and options for food & beverage. We always take a cab from airport to the hotel and then an Uber to cruise terminal. For us, just more convenient and less hassle, then hotel sponsored transportation.

I have booked (2) double queen rooms for our party of (4) for Saturday, 4/28/18. All in at $125.00 per room - $62.50 per person. Well worth avoiding potential flight delay drama on the day of departure! I will re-post a review of the Rodeway Inn upon return from our 4/29 - 5/6 Allure of the Seas cruise.

Edited by LC Crusader Dad

I just got confirmation from Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruiseport that they now charge $10 per person for the port shuttle.

Thanks for reporting back. That puts them on the same basis (in my mind) as the Fairfield Inn Dania now.

Throwing this out there.. we're leaving on Allure this weekend and we booked an AirBnB with private entrance/private bath 15 minutes from port for $80. Call me cheap, but I was not going to pay $250-$300 for one night hotel room especially when our flight doesn't get in until 8pm. Lyft fair is estimated to be $14 to the place and $13 from there to Terminal 18. Even buying breakfast in the morning makes it cheaper than a hotel.

We stay at Hyatt Place Convention Center and book it through Valuetrips.com. As mentioned, it is near shops etc. I know they have blackout dates, but not sure when you will be going, but it's worth checking into.

Ditto to this post. Rooms are large (although the bathroom is tiny) and rooms have a large comfortable sitting area and they offer a complimentary buffet breakfast which includes waffles which you make yourself and many other hot and cold items. :D

We found Hampton Inn good. It offered free shuttle from FFL airport and we got free breakfast included which did is fine.

Paid for a shuttle from hotel to ship- company was called all status- can't remember the cost but it was reasonable for the four of us

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

I need a hotel for just 1 day before our April cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale/Allure. I am totally clueless about where to stay as I've never stayed in FLL. I won't have a car so having a few stores close by would be nice or just something to see and do. What general area do you suggest? I have been on the travel websites and am floored by how much it's going to cost for just one day. Being Spring Break I'm going to spend nearly $300/nt with taxes for a place that's not got horrible reviews.

Suggestions welcome.

Hyatt Place, near the Embassy Suites is fantastic.. PLenty of shops and places to eat.. Not to mention Top Wine is a short walk away..

We found Hampton Inn good. It offered free shuttle from FFL airport and we got free breakfast included which did is fine.

Paid for a shuttle from hotel to ship- company was called all status- can't remember the cost but it was reasonable for the four of us

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Which Hampton.....we saw several on a hotel search site. Thanks!

We stayed a couples years back and will again in April, at the Best Western Ft Lauderdale Airport/Cruise on 84. They offer a free airport shuttle 24 hours a day along with regular BW amenities (breakfast,etc..). They offer for a reasonable fee a shuttle to & from the cruise port. Last time we bought the 'round trip' but actual had the return take us to the airport. I would recommend if you choose here (or anywhere with the cruise shuttle) to make your shuttle reservation at time of check in, especially if you want to get to the ship earlier than later. Also, as the OP asked about possible shops, this location is great as the next block over has a strip mall with a liquor store, dollar tree, Winn Dixie, Beall's Outlet, restaurant and such. At the end of that block is also a Dunkin Donuts and a really nice German Restaurant.

Good Luck with whatever choice you go with.

Erika