Cape Jersey NYC .. how to get the from Times Sq ?

We are staying in Times Sq . Then going on Adventure of the sea from Cape Jersey NYC in the summer

And returning to Times Sq at the end of the cruise

Any advice how to get to and fro would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Please post on the East Coast Board with your exact cruise date and number of people. Usual recommendation is a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo because it's a trip between NY and NJ. NY taxi is not recommended because it's not a metered fare and they can charge extra. Tolls run in the $20 range and 18-20% tip is expected on the base fare.

Public transit plus cab/Uber into the port is also an option.

We are staying in Times Sq . Then going on Adventure of the sea from Cape Jersey NYC in the summer

Thanks in advance

Just to clarify, but you will be departing from Cape Liberty which is located in Bayonne New Jersey https://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=137

Please post on the East Coast Board with your exact cruise date and number of people. Usual recommendation is a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo because it's a trip between NY and NJ. NY taxi is not recommended because it's not a metered fare and they can charge extra. Tolls run in the $20 range and 18-20% tip is expected on the base fare.

Yes, I would agree about Dial 777 http://www.dial7.com. I have used them many times. They are reliable. It won't be cheap but it would be easiest way.

Thank you

Have got a quote from Dial7 , as u said not cheap , so hopefully find an alternative

I live in Bayonne.

Best way? Hire an Uber or Lyft.

Public transit is a hassle. You'd have to take PATH from 33rd to Newport in Jersey City, walk over to the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, take that to 34th St. in Bayonne, and you'd still need a cab or an uber to get you to the Port because otherwise it would be a 2.5 mile walk.

I live in Bayonne.

Public transit is a hassle. You'd have to take PATH from 33rd to Newport in Jersey City, walk over to the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, take that to 34th St. in Bayonne, and you'd still need a cab or an uber to get you to the Port because otherwise it would be a 2.5 mile walk.

Hi

That's great bit of advice seeing u live there

Where I live in UK we don't have uber , So I will have to get it set up

My son lives in London , he uses it all the time so he can give me some pointers

Thanks in advance

When I went on the Anthem, we took Dial7 car service. The cost was reasonable considering it was a Sun morning and the port is in the middle of nowhere. Car was prompt and expect around 30 mins from NYC to Bayonne.

When I went on the Anthem, we took Dial7 car service. The cost was reasonable considering it was a Sun morning and the port is in the middle of nowhere. Car was prompt and expect around 30 mins from NYC to Bayonne.
Thanks for the advice

Good to know they where prompt

When joining the ship I would find that important

Here it is from someone that lives in the area. Depending on where you are staying in NYC and how much baggage you have, take the Path Train to Hoboken. At Hoboken take a cab to the ship. Very easy and stress free. A single trip on Path is $2.75 and I would guess $20 for a cab to the cruise terminal. That's how what I would do it.

Here it is from someone that lives in the area. Depending on where you are staying in NYC and how much baggage you have, take the Path Train to Hoboken. At Hoboken take a cab to the ship. Very easy and stress free. A single trip on Path is $2.75 and I would guess $20 for a cab to the cruise terminal. That's how what I would do it.

That sounds like a cheaper way of doing it

We have 1 large suitcase and one hand luggage each

and staying at the "premier hotel times square nyc"

Hoping that there a not any stairs that we would have to carry our bags up ?

I live in Bayonne.

What about part way Public Transit part way Uber/Lyft?

We had a great time using public transport from midtown (Penn Station) to Bayonne. We travel with just a 22” roller board and personal bag each which made it easier. We took PATH to Hoboken/Jersey City then switched to the Bergen Light rail. Exited at Bayonne and called a cab for transport the last 1.5 miles to the port. Total cost was under $20 and we enjoyed the travel - on the Bergen piece you have a great view of the waterfront and lower Manhattan.

I can tell you in May we did a shared Uber from the port in Bayonne to the Wall St area. It worked fine but cost us $70. My impression was if you can get to the NJ side of the river using public transit it would save a lot of money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can tell you in May we did a shared Uber from the port in Bayonne to the Wall St area. It worked fine but cost us $70. My impression was if you can get to the NJ side of the river using public transit it would save a lot of money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow $70 is a lot for 1 trip seeing I'm having to do it probably 4 times + I'm goto travel to jfk to the airport and back at some stage

Looks like it's going to take some planning!

We had a great time using public transport from midtown (Penn Station) to Bayonne. We travel with just a 22” roller board and personal bag each which made it easier. We took PATH to Hoboken/Jersey City then switched to the Bergen Light rail. Exited at Bayonne and called a cab for transport the last 1.5 miles to the port. Total cost was under $20 and we enjoyed the travel - on the Bergen piece you have a great view of the waterfront and lower Manhattan.
That sounds great with the views

But we won't be travelling light

We a on a 3 week holiday from the UK

2 weeks of that on a cruise [emoji41]

I second Dial7. We've used them many times, worth not to have hassle.

In September we've paid from Times Square to Cape Liberty 80$, including tolls and a nice tip.

Reliable and value for

money.

Thanks for the tip

I may use a Taxi etc for some of my trips and public transport for others , as if I payed $80 for all 4 tripsI have to make it will cost a small fortune

I am also familiar with the area, if you are taking a cab from Hoboken to Bayonne at the cruise terminal, it will be a lot more than $20.