Are "Chair Hogs" much of a problem on the Celebrity Summit (or her sisters)?

NJCruiser78

I have a simple rule: I look around for unoccupied seats & wait about 45 min. No one sits down I then remove their belongings & give them to the pool butlers(who are to chicken #$%$%$ to remove anything) Past recipient comes back starts to argue. I then say: "Where's your initials engraved on this chair? You do NOT own ANY of them." Their response is usually "WELL, I never!" Seeing 5 kids with them, I then say, "Well, actually you did!"(last line's a joke!)

I hope we do not cruise together any time soon. Your posts seem to me to be needlessly angry, overly aggressive and impossibly entitled and superior. I go on a cruise to chill out, enjoy and be pleasant to my fellow passengers.

I hope we do not cruise together any time soon. Your posts seem to me to be needlessly angry, overly aggressive and impossibly entitled and superior. I go on a cruise to chill out, enjoy and be pleasant to my fellow passengers.

Agree. I've never had to deal with a chair hog but hate their selfish entitled attitude. I see them in action a lot in the morning when I'm on the track. But I would never ever take it upon myself to remove someone's personal property. That's what the pool staff gets paid to do. The last thing I want to deal with on a cruise is confrontation no matter where or what the issue is. Some people can tip over real quick over nothing.

Agree. I've never had to deal with a chair hog but hate their selfish entitled attitude. I see them in action a lot in the morning when I'm on the track. But I would never ever take it upon myself to remove someone's personal property. That's what the pool staff gets paid to do. The last thing I want to deal with on a cruise is confrontation no matter where or what the issue is. Some people can tip over real quick over nothing.

Agreed. Since the proliferation of beverage packages you can also never tell when someone's had one too many. I just don't know why some passengers decide that it's their right to tell others what to do and how to behave.

(1)Yes! Not a service dog. A pet!(2)Maître D tossed him after I/others complained. (3)Hmmm, I'll have get back to you on that one!

Uhh, So, if there is a place/time/way..Why don't YOU tell us what they would be. Sorry, I take action when others, such as yourself stand idly by. You're the type, that when the ship is taking on water, you'd say to me: "Hey, better keep this to yourself & not upset anyone". My sarcastic response back would be: "Oh, why of course I'll keep it to myself, until the water reaches my lower lip & then I'm going to mention it to somebody!"

You don't know me but from my job I know the proper and legal way to act. I even know what is fraud and what is not. You don't I also go on a cruise to relax not be confrontational.

Edited by dkjretired

Some people are wound pretty tight and would probably benefit from some positive interaction with the emotional support dogs that they abhor. :halo:

I have a simple rule: I look around for unoccupied seats & wait about 45 min. No one sits down I then remove their belongings & give them to the pool butlers(who are to chicken #$%$%$ to remove anything) Past recipient comes back starts to argue. I then say: "Where's your initials engraved on this chair? You do NOT own ANY of them." Their response is usually "WELL, I never!" Seeing 5 kids with them, I then say, "Well, actually you did!"(last line's a joke!)

So you waste 45 mins each day standing around chair watching? Life and cruises are just too short!!

So you waste 45 mins each day standing around chair watching? Life and cruises are just too short!!

No, if I can't find a lounger I keep circling & checking back. If none are occupied I then remove the belongings & sit down. You'll find plenty of other pax like me who'll do the same thing.

If the pool butlers would do what they're supposed to do, none of this would happen. They're afraid of abusive self entitled pax who feel they "own" the seat & can come & go as they please. If mgt. would back them up none of this would ever be necessary. We just got off a 10 trip on the Riviera. Signs & daily announcements in the daily paper made chair hogging a virtual unknown. Notices were placed on each lounger & I'll tell you since first cruising in 2004 this was the first system that I saw that actually worked.

What I love about ALL of you who complain about me, is your amazing inability to "read" between the lines of a lot of my posts. Yes, there's sarcasm & there's a good amount of movie lines: Take the last line from my post #50 "Google" the part about taking on water & the results. 100 points to the person who actually can figure out what movie it's been lifted from. That being said There ARE a few things I will get in peoples faces about: (1)Fraudulent use of service dogs. I have a friend who's service dog was nearly killed by a fake service dog in a dept. store.2(Chair Hogs)I mean really? You leave a lounger for 3 hours & get P/O'ed at someone who sat in it because YOU felt you owned it & it was yours for no matter how long?(3)pax(or anyone who touches food). I'm in the food industry! Any of you wonder how Norovirus takes hold? On the Riviera you couldn't touch the food. I loved that! It was served by staff wearing proper sanitation equipment(Gloves, hairnets etc.)This is how it should be on all ships.

The phrase today is "See something, say something". Perhaps if more pax & people in general would actually get involved, rather than not bother a lot of bad that happens would get stopped in time. Less fraud/Less selfishness/Less illness/ and perhaps less terrorist acts. Think about it a little!

What I love about ALL of you who complain about me, is your amazing inability to "read" between the lines of a lot of my posts. Yes, there's sarcasm & there's a good amount of movie lines: Take the last line from my post #50 "Google" the part about taking on water & the results. 100 points to the person who actually can figure out what movie it's been lifted from. That being said There ARE a few things I will get in peoples faces about: (1)Fraudulent use of service dogs. I have a friend who's service dog was nearly killed by a fake service dog in a dept. store.2(Chair Hogs)I mean really? You leave a lounger for 3 hours & get P/O'ed at someone who sat in it because YOU felt you owned it & it was yours for no matter how long?(3)pax(or anyone who touches food). I'm in the food industry! Any of you wonder how Norovirus takes hold? On the Riviera you couldn't touch the food. I loved that! It was served by staff wearing proper sanitation equipment(Gloves, hairnets etc.)This is how it should be on all ships.

The phrase today is "See something, say something". Perhaps if more pax & people in general would actually get involved, rather than not bother a lot of bad that happens would get stopped in time. Less fraud/Less selfishness/Less illness/ and perhaps less terrorist acts. Think about it a little!

Just what are those 100 points good for? Absolutely within. Now if you find that reference you get 1,000 points. :p;p

The phrase " see something, say something" deals with possible terrorists attacks not bullying people who are not dressed properly in a dining room, perhaps having a phony service dog or any one of the other alleged things you have supposedly taken care of. The word Bully comes to mind plus the fact that this is an anonymous board, don't believe any of this stuff.

The phrase " see something, say something" deals with possible terrorists attacks not bullying people who are not dressed properly in a dining room, perhaps having a phony service dog or any one of the other alleged things you have supposedly taken care of. The word Bully comes to mind plus the fact that this is an anonymous board, don't believe any of this stuff.

As I really NEED to believe you!

Just what are those 100 points good for? Absolutely within. Now if you find that reference you get 1,000 points. :p;p

Not sure, but I think it refers to absolute rule within a territory. Likely only with the consent of the governed.

Buzzzzzz. Wrong. No points.

Now you will be removed from the MDR just because and no lounge chair.

NOOOOOO! The inhumanity!! I had a tie on! Yes, it had Richard Nixon's face on it, but it was STILL a tie! But out of curiosity what does you phrase mean? The bit about the water reaching my lower lip was from the "Great Race".

NOOOOOO! The inhumanity!! I had a tie on! Yes, it had Richard Nixon's face on it, but it was STILL a tie! But out of curiosity what does you phrase mean? The bit about the water reaching my lower lip was from the "Great Race".

Okay, I'll give you another chance at the points since autocorrect changed the quote. It should have read ...what are the points good for? Absolutely nuthin'.

Okay, I'll give you another chance at the points since autocorrect changed the quote. It should have read ...what are the points good for? Absolutely nuthin'.

War - Edwin Starr circa 1970. I was a DJ for the university radio station and that was one of many anti-Vietnam War songs popular at the time.

Do I get the points??? :halo:

War - Edwin Starr circa 1970. I was a DJ for the university radio station and that was one of many anti-Vietnam War songs popular at the time.

Do I get the points??? :halo:

Yes. You can use them to celebrate the

E-A-G-L-E-S

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!

No chairs reserved.

Just chairs with butts in them

No shoes under the sun bed, it's yours

The pool butlers will do what you ask as opposed to protecting a Hogg book/towel

It is so easy, just ask them to do it and if anything happens after (never yet in over 100 cruises) tell the Hogg to speak to the paid professional

As a side bar.... people, remove your towels when you leave your spot