Hypnotist show

antsp

We used to see Tim Triplett on ships regularly, but when Princess cut the length of show back, he had trouble adjusting to the shorter times. We talked to him about it during a B2B turnaround day. He was very frustrated. That was the last time that we had seen him on a ship.

I love the hypnotist shows! Saw one on my cruise before last. That was a couple years ago though. Hopefully they are not being taken away. Maybe the performers are not as many as before. I keep hoping for a good comedy, juggling/comedy, or hypnotist act every time I board a cruise.

Pooh

We were on the January 9-19 sailing of the Royal. There was a hypnotist show one night in the theater. Her show was pretty lame, IMHO. Would much rather see a good comedian.

I think I know the one your referring to. I volunteered & after the initial setup routine nothing was working for me so I just walked off the stage.

I have very mixed feelings about stage hypnotists. I am a now retired psychologist and I used hypnosis in my clinical practice to help people with a variety of problems. In the right hands (providers with expertise in their own discipline plus hypnosis training) it can be a very powerful tool to help people. I guarantee you that we do not make people cluck like a chicken and then laugh about it.

I agree with an earlier poster.

There used to be a hypnotist show on almost every Princess cruise and usually not one of the more popular shows.

But since the length shows was reduced from almost an hour to about 35 minutes, these shows have been few and far between. Hard to accomplish in 35 minutes what used to be done in 55 minutes.

I don't remember ever seeing a hypnotist on a Princess cruise. The one we did see on a cruise was on a Holland America ship. It wasn't something I'm eager to see again.

This gent used to be on Princess, but as you can see he passed away a few years ago.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?n=curtis-carroll-alexander&pid=20092810

It was really fun when he and Billy Vader were on a ship at the same time.

That was back, before Jeff Peterson moved on to HAL, and he was often onboard as well.

To me, the number of guest entertainers has really shrunk.

I have very mixed feelings about stage hypnotists. I am a now retired psychologist and I used hypnosis in my clinical practice to help people with a variety of problems. In the right hands (providers with expertise in their own discipline plus hypnosis training) it can be a very powerful tool to help people. I guarantee you that we do not make people cluck like a chicken and then laugh about it.

That's pretty much what I thought about the people who volunteer.

I believe most of them just go along with the program to provide entertainment.

I take it you were not impressed with the show you witnessed? :confused:

In 2010, on a Trans-Atlantic on the Ruby was a hypnotist named David Knight. He did four shows and also had a seminar on how to become a hypnotist.

His shows were the funniest shows I have ever seen. The passengers who took part were so entertaining. When the female cruise director walked on stage during the performance, one of the guys looked at her and told her she had big boobs. The entire theater just laughed and laughed.