Finally Going to Hump!

SamFritz

After 14 years of cruising and 20 cruises on Royal, we finally booked a hump cabin! Sailing in 7094 on Radiance this summer. It is on the elevator side, just forward of the elevators. It appears to have a VERY large balcony. Anyone out there have pictures, or experience sailing in this particular cabin, or corresponding cabins on other Radiance Class ships? Is there any noise from the elevators? I know they do more shows in the Centrum now, any problems with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam, we had 9092 on Serenade for 24 days and liked the room location very much, in fact have the same room booked for two week B2B to Alaska on Radiance this summer. Being close to the elevators is very convenient. The balcony was huge and we were never bothered by noise either from elevators or centrum. Enjoy your cruise.

Gerry

After 14 years of cruising and 20 cruises on Royal, we finally booked a hump cabin! Sailing in 7094 on Radiance this summer. It is on the elevator side, just forward of the elevators. It appears to have a VERY large balcony. Anyone out there have pictures, or experience sailing in this particular cabin, or corresponding cabins on other Radiance Class ships? Is there any noise from the elevators? I know they do more shows in the Centrum now, any problems with that?

This deck 9 balcony may be similar.

9092balc.jpg

I'm min 50% hearing loss in both ears so noise didn't bother me. My wife did hear some Centrum music.

If I misunderstood the subject, Welcome to the Balcony Club.

Edited by BillOh

We love Hump balconies and get them any time we can. We have found it depends on which side of the hump you are on as far as noise. But honestly, the noise has never been an issue for us. We love the Hump balconies, especially on the Radiance Class ships.

Odd how people view the same cabin. We had 9092 and thought it was the worst balcony we ever had. Balcony is longer but like a metal tunnel with no sun, door opens directly into the elevator and stair vestibule with people standing around, will agree there is no noise from elevator. Your cabin is on the other side of the elevator and stairs and across from business services, a much better spot. happy cruising

This deck 9 balcony may be similar.

9092balc.jpg

I'm min 50% hearing loss in both ears so noise didn't bother me. My wife did hear some Centrum music.

If I misunderstood the subject, Welcome to the Balcony Club.

[emoji1]

Ha Ha! 🤣[emoji5]🤭

Kind of similar situation. After cruising for a while, we are also getting our first hump cabin. Cabin #11290 on Anthem. Sorry for hijacking the thread. Wife was reluctant to book when we did, but when I said it was a "hump" cabin, her reply was: "Book it!, Book it!, Book it!". Really looking forward to this cruise. 11 Day Caribbean leaving from Bayonne.

Regards,

Mike

What about the hump on the starboard side? We've booked 8598. I'm assuming that we may not have as much Centrum noise. How about the views from the balcony?

We had 7600 on Radiance - center hump so we could see forward and aft which was great for our Alaskan views.

As for noise, there was one night where the speakers in the Champagne bar below us were turned up a bit extra loud and made sleeping a bit difficult. But even on the party nights, while we could hear a bit of noise from the Centrum, once the door closed it was pretty quiet.

As long as you don't have speakers in the ceiling on the deck below your cabin, you should be fine.

We had 7600 on Radiance - center hump so we could see forward and aft which was great for our Alaskan views.

As for noise, there was one night where the speakers in the Champagne bar below us were turned up a bit extra loud and made sleeping a bit difficult. But even on the party nights, while we could hear a bit of noise from the Centrum, once the door closed it was pretty quiet.

As long as you don't have speakers in the ceiling on the deck below your cabin, you should be fine.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...