Worried about "W" suite guarantee

Tiggercat

As they should have. A 50% FCC would be a poor replacement for the promised JS.

What is annoying is that they told us we lost all of our Suite benefits. No suite check in line and no Coastal Kitchen for dinner...which we are traveling with another couple that are in a junior suite...so we can’t go now. Also, when I talked to the representative on phone she assured me that the new room would have a walk in closet and a full bathtub...when I saw videos of the room they had neither. ( thatbis what we live about jr suites) They said they would make a one time exception and would still give us double points.

What is annoying is that they told us we lost all of our Suite benefits. No suite check in line and no Coastal Kitchen for dinner...which we are traveling with another couple that are in a junior suite...so we can’t go now. Also, when I talked to the representative on phone she assured me that the new room would have a walk in closet and a full bathtub...when I saw videos of the room they had neither. ( thatbis what we live about jr suites) They said they would make a one time exception and would still give us double points.

Sorry. Unfortunately this does happen. Multiple times Guarantees are now the ones that don't get a minimum and sometimes been told no cabin in any Cat on that cruise.Though complain enough and they seem to find a lessor cabin for them. At least financially they made it worth it for you. But with the Coastal Kitchen there is no Guarantee you can even use it for Dinner in a Junior Suite anyway, that is only IF they have space available. There has been multiple posters in JR Suite's lately that have been turned away during whole cruise. Sorry again...

Sorry. Unfortunately this does happen. Multiple times Guarantees are now the ones that don't get a minimum and sometimes been told no cabin in any Cat on that cruise.Though complain enough and they seem to find a lessor cabin for them. At least financially they made it worth it for you. But with the Coastal Kitchen there is no Guarantee you can even use it for Dinner in a Junior Suite anyway, that is only IF they have space available. There has been multiple posters in JR Suite's lately that have been turned away during whole cruise. Sorry again...

We are sooo excited for this cruise and it will be great!!!! We need it!

Multiple times Guarantees are now the ones that don't get a minimum and sometimes been told no cabin in any Cat on that cruise.

Just because there's an example of it on CC, does not make it "multiple times". Not getting the min cabin category on GTY booking is probably exceedingly rare. BTW, you can get bumped from a non GTY booking as well.

...no Coastal Kitchen for dinner...which we are traveling with another couple that are in a junior suite...so we can’t go now.

Your friends could ask when they get onboard if they can bring you as guests. No guarantee if it is particularly crowded on that cruise but I'm sure they will try to accommodate you if possible.

Just because there's an example of it on CC, does not make it "multiple times". Not getting the min cabin category on GTY booking is probably exceedingly rare. BTW, you can get bumped from a non GTY booking as well.

And you don't find this out till you show up? How do they make restitution if they move your cabin to a lesser class? (Or don't they have to?) Really scary.

We leave tomorrow and we have already been re deployed.

I disagree with that move! I'd definitely call your TA or RC and get your suite benefits back. Yes, they did give you a refund and OBC but to remove the suite benefits (especially since you booked with your friends) is just not right! I'd ask to speak with a supervisor. Good luck!

And you don't find this out till you show up? How do they make restitution if they move your cabin to a lesser class? (Or don't they have to?) Really scary.

We leave tomorrow and we have already been re deployed.

Again, that is very rare. I don't recall of a case on CC where the compensation from the line was not reasonable. Now, of course you could have some really upset customer who will never be satisfied no matter what RCI gives them (hints of that in previous post), but in general most times the compensation makes up for the inconvenience.

I didn't book a W guaranteed (but several days out upgraded to a JS). Needing to prepare I'll bring the original reservation with me to make sure I'm being compensated in case. AND I'm getting out the magnifying glass to read the sea pass contract before I sign. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

honestly, you did not lose a lot of suits benefits, because not many suite benefits are given to JS guests.

I can understand your frustration at the loss of possible Coastal Kitchen dinners with friends. Of course, remember if space was not available on desired date and time, you might have missed out on that even if in the JS. And now you have $200 OBC plus half your cruise fare, so you could afford to have nicer dinners in specialty restaurants. Or if they are really friends, you’ll enjoy each other’s company in any venue anytime.

We are sooo excited for this cruise and it will be great!!!! We need it!

Just checked your sailing, it looks like a Handi-cap Cabin is available for you. Someone must have canceled, I'm sure they would let you switch to it. Have your travel agent call and make the switch since there is only 2 of you. When it gets this close to the cruise they let anyone book the cabins. They can use the cabin you have now for more then 2 people if they need it or they might chance it off in a bingo game early in the cruise. Have seen that before.

Ask for Category D8 # 6626

The cabin will look like this one, balcony will be a tad smaller then this one. Great location though, mid ship.

It's really a nice size cabin, little larger them a JS, large balcony too.

Good Luck

Jimbo

The cabin is still available. That cabin is better then a junior suite...........who cares about the perks a junior suite has....Not a big deal.

Jimbo:) :)

Edited by Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...
The cabin is still available. That cabin is better then a junior suite...........who cares about the perks a junior suite has....Not a big deal.

Jimbo:) :)

Thanks for your advice! Unfortunately, I was getting ready to leave on trip and did not read your post before we left. Our trip was great though! The cabin was nice and we used the bunk beds as our walk-in closet. We got over the bathroom being small! We liked the placement of the cabin because we could access the back stairs by the rock climbing wall to go down to the Boardwalk. There is quite a bit of noise coming from that area, but we got used to that as well. Now home, recuperating and planning the next cruise! Thanks for all of the positive feedback.

• 9 months later...