Worried about "W" suite guarantee

Tiggercat

We are also on 'W' watch. 76 days out from Brilliance OTS 14 day Baltic Sea, May 1, 2018.

So much for my dreams of a GS. Assigned a JS 1038 today. At least the suspense is over.

There are around 10 JS's still available. Some in a better location, and not a connecting cabin that I would not prefer if I had a choice. Has anyone been able to change an assigned cabin?

So much for my dreams of a GS. Assigned a JS 1038 today. At least the suspense is over.

There are around 10 JS's still available. Some in a better location, and not a connecting cabin that I would not prefer if I had a choice. Has anyone been able to change an assigned cabin?

Yes you can change to another one

I would pick the one you want and call them and just say you want to change your room to room xxxx without mentioning that you have a guarantee.

i’ve changed many times. Pick out your favorite (plus and back up in case your fav suddenly becomes unavailable) and call.

Lucky you, I have checked Atleast 3 times today and nothing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Yes you can change to another one

I would pick the one you want and call them and just say you want to change your room to room xxxx without mentioning that you have a guarantee.

i’ve changed many times. Pick out your favorite (plus and back up in case your fav suddenly becomes unavailable) and call.

Thank you, I will call my travel agent.

I had a "W" GTY...was not assigned until 5 days before the cruise. JS cabins had been sold out for weeks.

Loved my GS! [emoji813]eyes:

I did not get an assignmemt until 2 days before the cruise. JS were sold out for at least 2 months. But i guess they got someone to accept an upsell from their JS. So we got a JS 2 days before sailing. I was hoping for an outcome like yours.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I did not get an assignmemt until 2 days before the cruise. JS were sold out for at least 2 months. But i guess they got someone to accept an upsell from their JS. So we got a JS 2 days before sailing. I was hoping for an outcome like yours.

I’m not that familiar with GTY’s so

I don’t know what “W” is exactly. anyway we had a junior suite guarantee and just got assigned at 120 days out. got 9318 JS on explorer which is the middle hump JS. we are super happy about that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m not that familiar with GTY’s so

I don’t know what “W” is exactly. anyway we had a junior suite guarantee and just got assigned at 120 days out. got 9318 JS on explorer which is the middle hump JS. we are super happy about that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

W is a Suite Guarantee category, in which you are guaranteed at least a Junior Suite.

29 days out and still no assignment. Do you think my chances are better because I have almost 400 cruise points with RCI? Or do they even look at loyalty any more?

29 days out and still no assignment. Do you think my chances are better because I have almost 400 cruise points with RCI? Or do they even look at loyalty any more?

I don't think C&A level has any effect.

I don't think loyalty matters either. I have family members who have taken HUNDREDS of cruises with Royal. On a past cruise, they booked a W guarantee room and their friends (less than 5 cruises with Royal) booked the same. The friends received a call offering them an upgrade - but my family members did not.

Like the other posters, I do not think your loyalty status matters for guarantee stateroom assignments. For that, a newbie seems to have the same odds as an established cruiser. The upgrade fairy, should she ever awaken from her deep slumber, is presumed to fracture in your loyalty status.

I am happy with the assignment for a JS...(that is what cat I booked and paid for)...but do enjoy when it when the treat comes! It can, and could happen...but I never expect it. ;) That would ruin the surprise.

I am happy with the assignment for a JS...(that is what cat I booked and paid for)...but do enjoy when it when the treat comes! It can, and could happen...but I never expect it. ;) That would ruin the surprise.
Yes I knew going in to expect a JS and glad that I got it. But there was that glimmer of hope for a bigger cabin. JS were all gone and the only suites left were an OS, few GS and two 2br suites.

That JS cabin on serenade yesterday was a lot larger than our promenade cabin on freedom today. But happy to be back on freedom after so many years. She holds a special place in our heart as this was our first cruise EVER. This is the ship that got our family addicted to cruising.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes I knew going in to expect a JS and glad that I got it. But there was that glimmer of hope for a bigger cabin. JS were all gone and the only suites left were an OS, few GS and two 2br suites.

That JS cabin on serenade yesterday was a lot larger than our promenade cabin on freedom today. But happy to be back on freedom after so many years. She holds a special place in our heart as this was our first cruise EVER. This is the ship that got our family addicted to cruising.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I know what you mean, we dearly miss the Freedom here in PC also. Saw her tendered out at Grand Cayman last week while we were on Rhapsody...sigh...such a pretty ship! :)

We had a hilarious roll call thread going with my last Oasis cruise. Everyone on the thread was taking bets at what and when I would get assigned from my "W" guarantee. I told everyone I was probably in the bilge with the rats, and had received an email from "George" my bilge rat cabin attendant. :D

Well 5 days prior, "George" was disappointed when we were upgraded from the bilge to a GS. ;p

Hating to leave him behind, we "adopted" him, and now travel on our cruises with a cute little stuffed rat that we fondly call "George"...who has become our mascot. :cool:

We had a hilarious roll call thread going with my last Oasis cruise. Everyone on the thread was taking bets at what and when I would get assigned from my "W" guarantee. I told everyone I was probably in the bilge with the rats, and had received an email from "George" my bilge rat cabin attendant. :D

Well 5 days prior, "George" was disappointed when we were upgraded from the bilge to a GS. ;p

Hating to leave him behind, we "adopted" him, and now travel on our cruises with a cute little stuffed rat that we fondly call "George"...who has become our mascot. :cool:

I’d be very happy if we had a “George” scenario and got the GS upgrade! Good for you!

I’d be very happy if we had a “George” scenario and got the GS upgrade! Good for you!

George and I are sending magic fairy dust to your reservation that you will

end up with a GS!! :D Good luck, and have a fantabulous cruise...no matter

what cabin you end up with!

Be sure to report back and let us know the outcome. :)

Please report back, but my guess is that there's a 99% chance of a JS (or J3/J4) being assigned.

Well it is 19 days until our cruise on Oasis and still we have no cabin assignment for our "W" guarantee. I wonder what I will do all day once it has been assigned! :)

Well it is 19 days until our cruise on Oasis and still we have no cabin assignment for our "W" guarantee. I wonder what I will do all day once it has been assigned! :)

We've had an assignment as late as 3 days before the cruise.