Faster to the fun! (FTTF)

Bllybb758

My DH uses wheelchair assistance as there's no way he can make it on board otherwise so for us FTTF is not so important.

We let them know we're there, they get him a chair and we check-in soon after arriving but then have to wait until one of the 2 or 3 CCL pushers and chair are available to board the ship. We really don't mind as long as we have a place to sit and wait.

With the new(ish) wheelchair assist boarding rules, specifically that they still board with their group and do not get to move ahead, I have a question regarding FTTF.

My family member uses wheelchair assist. If I purchase FTTF, will they wheelchair assist her and her roommates in "faster to the fun" fashion? I understand we may have to wait for an assistant, but beyond that, do you believe she will be prioritized on the wheelchair assist list?

With the new(ish) wheelchair assist boarding rules, specifically that they still board with their group and do not get to move ahead, I have a question regarding FTTF.

My family member uses wheelchair assist. If I purchase FTTF, will they wheelchair assist her and her roommates in "faster to the fun" fashion? I understand we may have to wait for an assistant, but beyond that, do you believe she will be prioritized on the wheelchair assist list?

I don't have a clue ... we've never gotten the FTTF ourselves.

Departing on the Glory 2/10. Have FTTF, what is the earliest anyone has/would recommend arriving at the pier?

So excited can hardly contain myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Do you have a time slot to be there? I know for me it has been 11-11:30 we got there before 11:00

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was worth it to me for the two times I purchased it.

My reasons are, that I am far from ever becoming platinum tier , but mostly because, I cruse solo, and

because I also usually arrive at port by noon, but as a solo traveler hate to lug my carry on around the ship while I wait for my room to be available. So with FTTF, I get to my room upon boarding which is usually about noon for me. Drop my carry on in room and usally also get to meet room steward.

then unencumbered by carry on, go up for lunch on lido.

other perk is you get to go to the short line at guest service if you need and that can some times be a blessing. some more perks, that I forget maybe.

We sailed on Valor on 1/8/2018 and we just booked the Valor on 6/11/2018 out of Galveston. No where did I see the FTTF on the website when booking both cruises. Is this done on the phone with Carnival? :confused:

It is under excursion

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on Valor on 1/8/2018 and we just booked the Valor on 6/11/2018 out of Galveston. No where did I see the FTTF on the website when booking both cruises. Is this done on the phone with Carnival? :confused:

It is listed with the excursions. Home port, listed as Port 1. It is definitely sold on the Valor. My daughter and her husband bought it for their cruise a couple of weeks ago.

TO OP: FTTF typically does not last long so if you see it today then you might want to consider it today, if not you will be stalking it until you see it again (if you see it again). It is very popular (especially among those that have cruise with it previously) and sells out pretty fast.

Just trying to man handle my pay schedule and get on top of it. Carnival said they don’t have a number but for the Halloween cruises they’re usually sold out before 8 months to cruise. So. This Friday it’s apart of the plan.

So, I read that I still have to choose a check in time, even though I want to purchase FTTF. Where do I find that? I went back into my check in and did not see it offered anywhere. Could it be because I’m too far out from my March 2019 cruise? Or is it there right from the beginning. Then I read that you can print your edocs and luggage tags as soon as final payment was made. Well, I paid mine in full upon booking, but I have never known to be able to do that until I recieve an email about 6 weeks prior to cruise to print them. Granted, my last 4 cruises have been with RCCL and NCL, and that’s how it went. I haven’t sailed Carnival since 2007, and I had a TA then. So, how does Carnival work this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So, I read that I still have to choose a check in time, even though I want to purchase FTTF. Where do I find that? I went back into my check in and did not see it offered anywhere. Could it be because I’m too far out from my March 2019 cruise? Or is it there right from the beginning. Then I read that you can print your edocs and luggage tags as soon as final payment was made. Well, I paid mine in full upon booking, but I have never known to be able to do that until I recieve an email about 6 weeks prior to cruise to print them. Granted, my last 4 cruises have been with RCCL and NCL, and that’s how it went. I haven’t sailed Carnival since 2007, and I had a TA then. So, how does Carnival work this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes as soon as you make your final payment you can print your boarding pass and luggage tags. I think you can print your luggage tags now also. You're too far out to select a check-in time. I would check back around August or September and you should be able to select a check-in then. You do all of the above from your cruise manager. :)

I just found out about this and looked at my sailing and it's sold out:mad: Does it ever open back up once it's sold out?

Yes it does. It was showed sold out for our March cruise for a very long time but it opened up again for a few days last week.

We have had FTTF for our last 5 cruises and for our upcoming cruise end of March, will always get it for the immediate cabin access once we board the ship. We go to port and park there as early as possible so being able to have immediate access to our cabin the minute we board the ship is important to us. We drop off our carry ons, change (possibly if needed but we have the option in our private cabin), open a bottle of wine and have our first toast to another adventure on our balcony. Then we are off to find some lunch well before any of the crowds are onboard (with their carryons next to their lunch tables or lugging them around as they look for a seat/or deck chair). Our main luggage has always been at our cabin door by the time we have finished lunch and stopped back at the cabin, we put everything away and are completely in vacation mode before the cabins are ready for the masses.

The VIP GS line is also an important part of FTTF for us, although we have only needed to use GS a handful of times, not EVER having to wait in that long line at GS is so worth it.

It is not for everyone and if you do not like to make the most of that first day by boarding early and having your cabin ready for use then it may not be for you. The first day is very much a part of the whole cruise for us and FTTF is a great way to get that vacation under way as early as possible. Try it once and see if it is for you, if not at least you have first hand knowledge.

These are my reasons, exactly. Minus the wine, I head for a cruiser as my ceremonial first drink.

We definitely think its worth it. Been watching for any remaining FTTF's to become available and one did this morning for our April cruise and I snagged it.

God willing we will be Platinum for our 2019 cruise and will not need to purchase FTTF in the future.

We have had FTTF for our last 5 cruises and for our upcoming cruise end of March, will always get it for the immediate cabin access once we board the ship. We go to port and park there as early as possible so being able to have immediate access to our cabin the minute we board the ship is important to us. We drop off our carry ons, change (possibly if needed but we have the option in our private cabin), open a bottle of wine and have our first toast to another adventure on our balcony. Then we are off to find some lunch well before any of the crowds are onboard (with their carryons next to their lunch tables or lugging them around as they look for a seat/or deck chair). Our main luggage has always been at our cabin door by the time we have finished lunch and stopped back at the cabin, we put everything away and are completely in vacation mode before the cabins are ready for the masses.

The VIP GS line is also an important part of FTTF for us, although we have only needed to use GS a handful of times, not EVER having to wait in that long line at GS is so worth it.

It is not for everyone and if you do not like to make the most of that first day by boarding early and having your cabin ready for use then it may not be for you. The first day is very much a part of the whole cruise for us and FTTF is a great way to get that vacation under way as early as possible. Try it once and see if it is for you, if not at least you have first hand knowledge.

What is VIP GS???