free beach access at cape canaveral, nassau or cococay?

Hello, I'm trying to book excursions for these 3 ports but am wondering if there is any free beach access at these ports?

We will be coming directly off the ship and will not have any transportation other then ourselves.

I also wonder if there are any things that anyone would recommend at these ports that isn't super expensive (I've already been looking on RC's site) and is relatively low key. This is my husband's birthday present and he wants top priority to be relaxing :)

Thanks all!

Cape Canaveral - Jetty Park about 3/4 mile walk and it is free.

Nassau - Paradise Island, Cabbage Beach a short cab ride and it is free.

This is true if you are docking at RCI's main terminal at Port Canaveral. If you are not- the only way to get there is via a taxi, as there is no way to walk from the other sets of terminals.

OP- you *should* use RCI's main terminal, but if you are there when any of the other ships are ending/starting a cruise, that one will be taken. Our Anthem cruise last fall had in in Canaveral on a Monday- and the terminal was occupied by the Majesty.

Coco Cay IS a beach day, courtesy of the ship! You don't have to spend a penny there, unless you want to do a watersport, like wave runners or buy alcohol......if you have a drinks package, you're covered on the island.

It's almost NEVER necessary to do an excursion to a beach. Read up on your ports...lots of info in a guidebook....all about ALL the beaches nearby, shopping, transportation, food/drink, etc...

Junkanoo beach is pretty close to port and a great view of the ships in port.

They have changed somewhat there as they no longer offer the great drink deals and specials that they used to. They have changed the name of the bar there and upped prices.

Still a free spot to access though.

At Cococay, the Royal will have a FREE BBQ with all kinds of food, with tea, lemonade that are FREE. Chaise loungers and hammocks are FREE to use. If you want to partake in the water sports you have to pay a fee. Remember to take some cash and visit the marketplace where approved vendors will be selling hand-made goods at great prices. This helps these folks struck so hard by putting a little cash back into their economy. You walk off the ship straight onto the beach. The others are a short taxi ride to free beaches. Remember to take a beach towel from the ship (and remember to bring it back with you).

• 1 month later...

Thanks everybody!

I have a couple other questions (mainly because I'm awful at searching and finding answers, and I get overwhelmed :( )

If we want to go to the space center, how far away is that from the dock? Is it walkable or will we need an uber if I get tickets not directly from the ship since they are almost double the price. I know they guarantee the ship to wait for you if you purchase from them but still....

Has anyone been to the Bahamas at the end of february? My husband is under the impression well need wetsuits but I don't agree. We want to snorkel !

Thanks everybody!

I have a couple other questions (mainly because I'm awful at searching and finding answers, and I get overwhelmed :( )

If we want to go to the space center, how far away is that from the dock? Is it walkable or will we need an uber if I get tickets not directly from the ship since they are almost double the price. I know they guarantee the ship to wait for you if you purchase from them but still....

Has anyone been to the Bahamas at the end of february? My husband is under the impression well need wetsuits but I don't agree. We want to snorkel !

The space center is not walkable and probably a 20-30 minute drive.

The Atlantic Ocean temperature around the Bahama's will be around 75 F, a little chilly for some. To get a good snorkeling experience you will need to book a snorkeling boat tour. Snorkeling from the beach is poor.

Thanks everybody!

You might want to book tickets for space center online. https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/tickets.aspx

Advantage of ship tour is transportation is arranged for you. You could take cab, Uber or rent a car for the day.

Quick search showed Bahamas reports Jan-Feb water temp at 72-74. Chilly, but we do it. T shirt helps a bit.