Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

36 minutes ago, Lisafourty said:

We just booked the Gem out of Boston for May 2019 yester.  Going to Boston 4 days before. Any suggestions on hotels, dining and entertainment?

You know you're on a thread about NCL Encore (their new ship), right?

13 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

You know you're on a thread about NCL Encore (their new ship), right?

Yes I know that but I saw that CoCod8 was saying about the gem being stolen from them and I just thought that I would ask a question. Is that not allowed?  Because if you can not ask an innocent question about a ship that was mentioned in a previous statement then maybe I shouldn't be with this group.  I see all kinds of things about the Bliss being spoke of on this thread.  Have you asked you asked them this same question?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lisafourty said:

Yes I know that but I saw that CoCod8 was saying about the gem being stolen from them and I just thought that I would ask a question. Is that not allowed?  Because if you can not ask an innocent question about a ship that was mentioned in a previous statement then maybe I shouldn't be with this group.  I see all kinds of things about the Bliss being spoke of on this thread.  Have you asked you asked them this same question?

Just suggesting that you might have better luck getting a good answer to your question on a Boston/Gem specific thread rather than the Encore.  You don't have to get so defensive about it.

25 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

Just suggesting that you might have better luck getting a good answer to your question on a Boston/Gem specific thread rather than the Encore.  You don't have to get so defensive about it.

You did come off very rude.  I intend to go to that tread. But just bookied it last night and being excited about it I didn't think that it would hurt to ask a question, and I really didn't expect to get someone telling me what I already knew about this not being the right ship. It was a question. That's all.

16 minutes ago, Lisafourty said:

You did come off very rude.  I intend to go to that tread. But just bookied it last night and being excited about it I didn't think that it would hurt to ask a question, and I really didn't expect to get someone telling me what I already knew about this not being the right ship. It was a question. That's all.

Did not intend to come off rude.  Just thought you'd have much better luck about Boston on a thread more oriented to Boston.  😉

A small update for those joining our quest for the latest unofficial news on Encore's, welcome to an Everything.. thread! At this stage this thread focuses on what we actually don't know! Luckily we have the photos taken by visitor's of the German Meyer Werft shipyard.. and of course anything Encore related is more than welcome!

Here's the pool deck render from Bliss, showing the parts of the ship what we are looking at inside Meyer Werft's large building hall, so that those unfinished masses of steel will actually mean something besides that it will be a beautiful ship at a certain moment!

The main pool, which appears to be identical to Bliss and the small stage. This block, with some decks below is being constructed next to Spectrum of the Seas, as seen in the post above.

65dfb87f6f0295a796827318d01bfad2.jpg

The other view from the visitor's gallery at Meyer Werft gives us a peek on to the kids pool and pool bar. A few posts ago you can see the start (railing) of the spiral stairs to the upper deck and the dead giveaway of that block is the roof structure of the pool bar. 🙂

In the background of those blocks (sandwiched in between Spectrum and the door of the building hall) sits the engine compartment in the (now empty) dock with decks being added, this mega block size is from the large movie screen at the pool to the part where the race track starts, just a bit after the funnel. This mega block will be covered with tarp/boards on both ends and floated out to the yard's basin when Spectrum will leave the building hall.

So you will see two sorts of photos; the megablock and the blocks.

Feel free to ask any questions and/or to post scoops, new photo's, etc!

25 minutes ago, Whitefacekat said:

Now that we know Footloose is coming, What else gets announced soon 

Still interesting news that Footloose is going to the Joy.  Still can't wait to see what happens for the Encore:classic_blink:

Edited by Sand and Seas
correction

1 hour ago, Sean6365 said:

It’s still possible for the Encore to have it, we will just have to wait and see.  

I would doubt very seriously they would spend the money to set up the show on Joy for only one summer season and then transfer the show to Encore.  They usually run shows for much longer than just 6 months...  The April 8th through October 8th lines up perfect with a normal 6 month contract which is what a lot of the entertainment shows run on.

Our trip on Escape last Thanksgiving was the final week for the current cast of The Brat Pack and they had all been on for 6 months as well.

Using this timeline to judge, I'd expect to see a job posting sometime around August of next year for whatever show is going to be on Encore.

18 minutes ago, grovesteve said:

Does anyone know if the Encore will have Dueling Pianos and alternating days with comedians. My wife and I love Headliners, will it be on the Encore or will they have the silent disco?

I certainly hope they will have Howl at the Moon!  So far, every -Away class and -Away Plus class ship has had HATM.  I'd be very disappointed if the final ship in the class didn't wind up with the show as it's one of my all-time-favorites to do on NCL cruises.  I wish they had it across the entire line including the older/smaller ships.

• Like 1