Vessel Sanitation Reports - latest for all HAL ships

OlsSalt

Recent Vessel Sanitation Reports for all HAL ships - be sure to read the reports and the follow-ups to understand the nature of any violations and the details of these mandatory inspections - no wonder there are loud cheers from any ship that actually gets a 100 score: https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionResults.aspx

Congratulations EURODAM for the perfect 100 score, and also those who got the near perfect 99.

I found particularly amusing that the next highest score (99) was given to the Rotterdam - the ship that, per so many vocal critics on this forum - gets such scathing reviews.

Can't say I am too happy about the Amsterdams' 91 score, considering we will be spending almost three months on her come September. That is her lowest score since 2000. Oh, well, she is scheduled for drydock in May.

Recent Vessel Sanitation Reports for all HAL ships - be sure to read the reports and the follow-ups to understand the nature of any violations and the details of these mandatory inspections - no wonder there are loud cheers from any ship that actually gets a 100 score: https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionResults.aspx

Congratulations EURODAM for the perfect 100 score, and also those who got the near perfect 99.

Great news for EURODAM. This Registered Nurse likes this news.

What does a VSP report look like on an almost failing cruise ship - Emerald Princess Score 87 - 85 or lower fails:

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTkzMDAzMzA%3d-88M0N9%2fLbWg%3d

AGE - Acute Gastro-intestinal Event: insights into the very strict protocol required when "noro" hits a ship. Assume all cruise lines take these incidents very seriously, and work to minimize their impacts immediately.

Thank you so much for the great info!!

Saw Maasdam report! 96......

Read reports😞 not good to me in regards to sanitation reports all in galleys and PG not having a oven which have been broken since 2016. Corrections report only says it was done but not verified.

Interesting report!! Glad my Eurodam got a 100!

Denise:)

Thank you so much for the great info!!

Saw Maasdam report! 96......

Read reports😞 not good to me in regards to sanitation reports all in galleys and PG not having a oven which have been broken since 2016. Corrections report only says it was done but not verified.

Interesting report!! Glad my Eurodam got a 100!

Denise:)

Remember - everything above 85 is satisfactory. Be happy with a 96.

I found particularly amusing that the next highest score (99) was given to the Rotterdam - the ship that, per so many vocal critics on this forum - gets such scathing reviews.

Can't say I am too happy about the Amsterdams' 91 score, considering we will be spending almost three months on her come September. That is her lowest score since 2000. Oh, well, she is scheduled for drydock in May.

Just returned from 2 weeks on the Rotterdam. She is in great shape. No pails or buckets catching dripping water.

Great job on dry dock,still a little rust on our balcony, but other then that she looks wonderful.

Janet

Agree congratulations to HAL and just about all the US-based cruise lines. We found it interesting that just about half of the Celebrity ships got scores of 100 and Princess also had quite a few 100s. But folks should understand that many things that relate to passenger comfort (such as working A/C in cabins) are not even part of the inspection criteria. Even many plumbing related issues (such as toilets that do not function, showers that have no hot water, etc) are not counted against a ship's score as long as everything is properly "logged." So if you are eating in a dining area that is 95 degrees f.....that is OK as long as the food is maintained at the proper temperature :). But do not worry because at least the ice machines are kept at the required temperature and thoroughly cleaned.

Hank

Agree congratulations to HAL and just about all the US-based cruise lines. We found it interesting that just about half of the Celebrity ships got scores of 100 and Princess also had quite a few 100s. But folks should understand that many things that relate to passenger comfort (such as working A/C in cabins) are not even part of the inspection criteria. Even many plumbing related issues (such as toilets that do not function, showers that have no hot water, etc) are not counted against a ship's score as long as everything is properly "logged." So if you are eating in a dining area that is 95 degrees f.....that is OK as long as the food is maintained at the proper temperature :). But do not worry because at least the ice machines are kept at the required temperature and thoroughly cleaned.

Hank

This is the Vessel Sanitation Program - never intended to b a traveller satisfaction report. However, it offers great insights into food safety, infection controm and in prior reports even explained why there are no more speciality Lido outdoor buffets. Just a way of putting facts instead of speculation into the conversation about cruise travel.