Vision 1/31 to 2/14 almost dead

tugboat

Is Captain Marek still on Vision?

We also had a couple we met on Freedom last week purchase only one drink package from a bartender. They were honest and didn't share the package. She only drank one/two a day and paid for them separately.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

The Viking Sky is pulled along side of us today the have a crew member being a chair hog he walking along putting two towels on each lounger good luck in finding a deck chair today on that ship[emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see posted the pool story in another thread, so here goes,

So yesterday at sea about 1:00 a parent let their small child in the pool and we had A Chaddyshack episode, the clear the pool drain the pool got the pressure washer out 2 1/2 hours later the pool is going again. In the mean time they let everyone get in the Solarium to swim [emoji474]*♂️

So yesterday at sea about 1:00 a parent let their small child in the pool and we had A Chaddyshack episode, the clear the pool drain the pool got the pressure washer out 2 1/2 hours later the pool is going again. In the mean time they let everyone get in the Solarium to swim [emoji474]*♂️

Wonderful, how nice of the parents.

Actual image of Bill Murray cleaning the Vision pool......267660b04e54c1650d102d39f3b44f16.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

That’s what this couple is found also, and yes Captain Marek is still here

He was the Captain at the beginning of January but he wasn’t our Captain last week.

Is he on as a guest?

At more than 2400 passengers, Vision is not a "small" cruise ship. Under 750 is "small."

I think it is time to redefine ship sizes. At one time a ship with 2400 passengers was considered a big ship but now that a lot of ships hold 4000- 6500 passengers something like the Vision is a small ship, at least to me.

I think it is time to redefine ship sizes. At one time a ship with 2400 passengers was considered a big ship but now that a lot of ships hold 4000- 6500 passengers something like the Vision is a small ship, at least to me.

Those monstrosities are not "ships." They are apartment houses sitting atop floating amusement parks. Naval architects of yore are rolling over in their graves.

Right now, the best "small" cruise ships are those of the old Renaissance line, the R ships, including the old Ocean Princess which was purchased and totally rehabbed and upgraded by Oceania to become Sirena. Amazing what 40 million dollars in fixup funds can do.

In any case, R ships, with 650-700 passengers, are just right for most discerning cruisers who want to avoid the thundering herds.

Of course, there are smaller than small ships in the "expedition" class.

And for families or friends numbering about 8, there is always a crewed yacht charter (e.g., a 60 foot catamaran)- surprisingly affordable.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer