Tickets for Hamilton in London -- On Sale Now

Turtles06

For folks who are going to be in London anytime between August and mid-December 2018, I wanted to flag that the producers of "Hamilton" in London put tickets on sale for that time period this past Monday, January 29. There was of course an initial flurry of sales, but thanks to the paperless ticket system the London producers of this show are using (in cooperation with Ticketmaster UK, apparently), ticket re-selling/scalping/touting has pretty much been eliminated. This means that now, several days after the block of tickets were released for sale, there are still plenty of great seats available (this would not have been the case in NY, where you pretty much have to purchase re-sold tickets, including via Ticketmaster US. Shame on them all.).

Here's the link to the Hamilton in London site (start there for a ticket purchase), as well a link to a sort of "seat guru" site for London theatres, which has great info (reviews and photos) about seats in the Victoria Palace Theatre (where Hamilton is playing). You should check that out before buying tickets.

http://hamiltonmusical.com/london/

https://seatplan.com/london/victoria-palace-theatre/

I hope that's helpful for your London planning!

For folks who are going to be in London anytime between August and mid-December 2018, I wanted to flag that the producers of "Hamilton" in London put tickets on sale for that time period this past Monday, January 29. There was of course an initial flurry of sales, but thanks to the paperless ticket system the London producers of this show are using (in cooperation with Ticketmaster UK, apparently), ticket re-selling/scalping/touting has pretty much been eliminated. This means that now, several days after the block of tickets were released for sale, there are still plenty of great seats available (this would not have been the case in NY, where you pretty much have to purchase re-sold tickets, including via Ticketmaster US. Shame on them all.).

Here's the link to the Hamilton in London site (start there for a ticket purchase), as well a link to a sort of "seat guru" site for London theatres, which has great info (reviews and photos) about seats in the Victoria Palace Theatre (where Hamilton is playing). You should check that out before buying tickets.

http://hamiltonmusical.com/london/

https://seatplan.com/london/victoria-palace-theatre/

I hope that's helpful for your London planning!

Sure wish they would institute the same system here (Denver) - the Hamilton tickets went on sale last week & were sold out within a few hours. I plan on seeing it in NY as tickets are now available for the dates of my visit.

Thank you Turtles06 for this info!!!!! We just bought tickets for the show while in London before our fall British Isles cruise! Very grateful you shared this information! :)

So happy to hear that! This sharing of info is what makes Cruise Critic so great! I've learned so much on here that I like to give back when I can. We'll be seeing the show in London this fall as well. :)

Enjoy your trip!

• 2 months later...
Thank you Turtles06 for this info!!!!! We just bought tickets for the show while in London before our fall British Isles cruise! Very grateful you shared this information! :)

I have been trying unsuccessfully for two days to purchase tickets for Hamilton in London prior to our September British Isles cruise. I get to the end of the online process, and it won't accept my USA postal code. Any suggestions???

I have been trying unsuccessfully for two days to purchase tickets for Hamilton in London prior to our September British Isles cruise. I get to the end of the online process, and it won't accept my USA postal code. Any suggestions???

Yes, I struggled with this while purchasing tickets on the Ticketmaster UK site before finally seeing that there is a drop down box for your country of residence. Once you put in US the format accepts US zip codes. Good luck, I seem to remember th box is on the left side of the screen near the top.

By the way, I’m going in June and got cancellation tickets that weren’t marked up like they are in the US. Very excited!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I struggled with this while purchasing tickets on the Ticketmaster UK site before finally seeing that there is a drop down box for your country of residence. Once you put in US the format accepts US zip codes. Good luck, I seem to remember th box is on the left side of the screen near the top.

By the way, I’m going in June and got cancellation tickets that weren’t marked up like they are in the US. Very excited!

I had the same problem when we tried to buy tickets the morning of the massive release of tickets for the second half of this year, even though I had already created a UK Ticketmaster account with my residence on it. Trying to buy the tickets, with the timer counting down, I could not get it to recognize me as a USA resident, despite my account.

I think there was a drop down box for country of residence, but it simply would not work, and so I finally Googled "London postal codes," typed in the first one that came up, and crossed my fingers. That did it, the purchase went thru from the UK end. I again crossed my fingers that the zip code was not something my credit card company checked for fraud, and they didn't. The entire purchase went through and I have paid for the tickets. But if there is a working drop down box now, use it for sure! :D

I had the same problem when we tried to buy tickets the morning of the massive release of tickets for the second half of this year, even though I had already created a UK Ticketmaster account with my residence on it. Trying to buy the tickets, with the timer counting down, I could not get it to recognize me as a USA resident, despite my account.

I think there was a drop down box for country of residence, but it simply would not work, and so I finally Googled "London postal codes," typed in the first one that came up, and crossed my fingers. That did it, the purchase went thru from the UK end. I again crossed my fingers that the zip code was not something my credit card company checked for fraud, and they didn't. The entire purchase went through and I have paid for the tickets. But if there is a working drop down box now, use it for sure! :D

The drop down worked for me but it's been awhile. Make sure you actually get the tickets and not just a confirm. I got a confirm but my credit card company denied since out of country. I had to contact ticketmaster to find out why I didn't get the tickets.

The drop down worked for me but it's been awhile. Make sure you actually get the tickets and not just a confirm. I got a confirm but my credit card company denied since out of country. I had to contact ticketmaster to find out why I didn't get the tickets.

My credit card company approved the charge, and I have long since paid the bill. There are no tickets for Hamilton in London, just the confirming email (which I have), which you must bring along with the credit card you used for the purchase and a photo ID.

BTW, sounds like you may need a different credit card company!

Recommend cheap Chinese dinner pre show at Won Kei.
The one on Wardour Street in Chinatown? That's miles away from the theatre! And it's not even an easy Tube journey, as there's no station nearby from which you can do a direct journey to Victoria. Surely a pre-theatre meal would be better at a restaurant within quick walking distance of the show? There are plenty of them in the vicinity.

The one on Wardour Street in Chinatown? That's miles away from the theatre! And it's not even an easy Tube journey, as there's no station nearby from which you can do a direct journey to Victoria. Surely a pre-theatre meal would be better at a restaurant within quick walking distance of the show? There are plenty of them in the vicinity.

Since we are now on the subject, are there some good spots within walking distance of the Victoria Palace Theatre that you'd recommend for a pre-show dinner? We are easy to please, nothing fancy, even fish and chips or the like will do. :D

Since we are now on the subject, are there some good spots within walking distance of the Victoria Palace Theatre that you'd recommend for a pre-show dinner? We are easy to please, nothing fancy, even fish and chips or the like will do.
What immediately comes to mind for fish and chips is Sea Fresh on Wilton Road. And literally next door is About Thyme. Both of these have been regularly recommended here over a number of years as decent restaurants in the Victoria area.

Admittedly, neither of these is quite "quick walking distance" - it will take 5-10 minutes to get to the theatre - but they're not badly located.

For something really close to the theatre, the first ports of call would be the Cardinal Place development directly across Bressenden Place from the theatre, and Nova which is on the same block as the theatre, wrapping around its northwest corner. Listings here - places I know and like from that list are Bone Daddies, Iberica, Nando's, Wagamama and (surprisingly) Zizzi.

Recommend cheap Chinese dinner pre show at Won Kei.

I would suggest that anyone thinking of following this recommendation look at some recent reviews of the Won Kei to understand its ethos.

It’s no longer proud of being the ‘rudest restaurant in London’, but ambience and attentive service is not a strong point. Quick, cheap food of variable quality is what you will get and nothing wrong with that [emoji846]

What immediately comes to mind for fish and chips is Sea Fresh on Wilton Road. And literally next door is About Thyme. Both of these have been regularly recommended here over a number of years as decent restaurants in the Victoria area.

Admittedly, neither of these is quite "quick walking distance" - it will take 5-10 minutes to get to the theatre - but they're not badly located.

For something really close to the theatre, the first ports of call would be the Cardinal Place development directly across Bressenden Place from the theatre, and Nova which is on the same block as the theatre, wrapping around its northwest corner. Listings here - places I know and like from that list are Bone Daddies, Iberica, Nando's, Wagamama and (surprisingly) Zizzi.

Thanks so much!

You can also try the Hamilton lottery. Highly unlikely to win but it only take a second to enter. Download the Hamilton app and enter the lottery. I entered every day Hamilton was playing in Los Angeles and didn't win. But the attraction of only $10 per ticket too good to pass up. London is 10 pound a tix.

• 6 months later...

OP here.  I wanted to circle back to say that after all these months of anticipation, we saw “Hamilton” in London last week, and it was phenomenal.  Not just the show, but also this production.

And the Victoria Palace Theatre, recently renovated by Cameron Mackintosh, is quite beautiful.  Our only complaint was the utter lack of leg room in the seats.  We were in the highest priced seats, with fantastic sight lines, but they were the most uncomfortable theatre seats I’ve ever been in, and I’m fairly short. 

Thanks to those who recommended Nova Food (the complex of restaurants a block from the theatre) for our pre-show dinner.  We originally sat down at Green Wood there (the name is one word, censored by CC), but when our server finally appeared and asked if we wanted water, to which we replied yes,  but was then never seen again, and the diners next to us were complaining to a manager about how their orders had been totally messed up and they wanted to remove the discretionary service charge, we left and had very nice pizza at the Franco Manca, also in Nova.