Civitavecchia Port to Rome - Pick up time for private transfer

iujen94

We are sailing on Constellation in June, and are scheduled to disembark at Civitavecchia with an arrival time of 6am. We are planning to take a private transfer from the port to our hotel in Rome. What time would you suggest I arrange to have the private transfer pick us up? My understanding is that we are picked up right next to the ship. We plan to self-carry our luggage off the ship. We are trying to maximize our time in Rome, so would like to get going as early as we can, while being realistic about how long it will be before passengers are allowed to disembark. Thanks!

There are several great companies you can choose to use. Ask the company you choose for information on time for pick-up. It is always better to have more time than way too little. My DH and I usually get off at 7:00 - 7:30 and have taken our own bags off. Just remember a group takes lots of space in the elevator, so sometimes you have to wait. This year we are training from Civi to Cinque Terre and our train does not leave until much later in the morning. The day of the week can also make a difference in the traffic too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In your situation we would book Romecabs (we like this outfit) and have them pick us up around 7:30. You will likely be at your hotel before 9. Keep in mind that most things in Rome are not even open that early...so there is little reason to go much earlier.

Hank

In your situation we would book Romecabs (we like this outfit) and have them pick us up around 7:30. You will likely be at your hotel before 9. Keep in mind that most things in Rome are not even open that early...so there is little reason to go much earlier.

Hank

Yes, Romecabs seem reliable.

We opted for a private transfer using them last August. Off the ship at 08:30 and we were at the Rome Terminus to catch our train to Venice by 09:30.

Just use some of the companies that are highly recommended on the Italy Ports Of Call Board:

I always recommend www.romecabs.com as we've used them many times and others give high marks to www.romeinlimo.com

Keith

I agree with the above; Romecabs has always been there the multitude of times we have used them. I have enjoyed the drivers from there immensely, but Romeinlimo is also very good. They both are more expensive than some others, yet they perform better too, IMHO.

Like hancock, we did the regular baggage system with a scheduled 9:00 a.m. pickup and our driver was right at the exit with a sign for us. We had booked him for the day so we were not in a hurry. However, if you do plan to get to Rome early, you can drop your luggage at your hotel and then go visit the Trevi Fountain. It's the one time of day when there's not a crowd. After you visit there, it's possible that the nearby Pantheon might be open so you could stroll in that direction. And after that, keep on walking to Piazza Navona to admire the fountains.

So no need to go through customs at the port? Is this done on the ship before getting to Rome?

We have never had to go through any kind of Customs at Civitavecchia. Kind of strange, but its the way they run things. The ships dock, are cleared within a half hour, and folks can disembark and hot right in their transportation.

Hank