Seasid Internet...how many devices can be used with each plan?

suzyed

If we purchase either of the Internet Plans, how many devices PER PLAN can we use? Could I use both my phone and my computer? Or could I use my computer and DH uses his phone?

Is there a compuuter center where we could use their computer instead of lugging mine along with us?

I'm assuming MSC will treat access like other lines...meaning if you buy 1 internet package...only 1 person can be signed in at a time. You can share.... but if your husband is on when you try to access wifi from your device...you will get a message saying something like..." another device is currently connected" but it usually gives you an option to boot the other device and replace with the current device.

I'm assuming MSC will treat access like other lines...meaning if you buy 1 internet package...only 1 person can be signed in at a time. You can share.... but if your husband is on when you try to access wifi from your device...you will get a message saying something like..." another device is currently connected" but it usually gives you an option to boot the other device and replace with the current device.
I believe on MSC only that one device assigned to use the internet can log on. That is what I have read on these forums.q

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cheapest plan will allow only one phone or tablet to be connected at the time. Most expensive will allow up to 3 to be connected at the same time.

We won't need to be on at the same time....but I will use my computor and he will use his phone to check his work emails. So one "surfer" plan should work for us?

We won't need to be on at the same time....but I will use my computor and he will use his phone to check his work emails. So one "surfer" plan should work for us?

We too the 'middle' plan

$44. for 2 devices for the week

We get free internet data and text through our mobile provider so we just use that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What mobile provider provides free data and text on the ship? This is out at sea using the ships cellular tower?

I believe on MSC only that one device assigned to use the internet can log on. That is what I have read on these forums.q

It should be sign-on related...so what device you use is irrelevant.

You can go with the cheapest plan, but the next one up will give you unlimited MB.

It should be sign-on related...so what device you use is irrelevant.
That is not what I have read on other posts here. I will find out on seaside in 4 months. I cruise royal and you can have as many devices as you want but only one at a time if you have the one device plan.

We get free internet data and text through our mobile provider so we just use that.

But not on the ship....you will be hooked up to the shipboard cell site in order to use your free internet data and text which is not free! Your moblie provider may not charge you but the ship will.

Sorry, I was talking about when we’re on land, we get free internet and text when we’re in port, so when we’re in Miami, Nassau, Cozumel, etc...

Ok, right you are. Except, we have NEVER been able to ge cell service in Nassau.

You can go with the cheapest plan, but the next one up will give you unlimited MB.

There is no plan like what you are talking about on the MSC site. The surfer plan is $54 for 1200 MBS and the next one up is $109 and it's only 3000MBs

Are the others offered onboard?

That is not what I have read on other posts here. I will find out on seaside in 4 months. I cruise royal and you can have as many devices as you want but only one at a time if you have the one device plan.

Thats how its worked on the other lines I've been on as well. One sign on per onboard card.... I had it on my cell...and used the shipboard computers to print my plane boarding pass....When I went on the computer I was given a message saying another device connected to the account.... So I just told system to boot me off so I could access via computer. I'll be on Seaside before you (March)...so I too will find out!!

Thats how its worked on the other lines I've been on as well. One sign on per onboard card.... I had it on my cell...and used the shipboard computers to print my plane boarding pass....When I went on the computer I was given a message saying another device connected to the account.... So I just told system to boot me off so I could access via computer. I'll be on Seaside before you (March)...so I too will find out!!

And I will be on next week which is why I was inquiring! :D

There is no plan like what you are talking about on the MSC site. The surfer plan is $54 for 1200 MBS and the next one up is $109 and it's only 3000MBs

3 plans were offered on Jan sailing. First one limited MB, one devise and only FB and emails can be checked. Second 2 devises unlimited MB you can post photos. 3rd unlimited MB 3 devises, priority log in and unlimited accesses to web sites and downloading.

There was no "middle" plan on the site! Just the "surfer" and the big one.

There was a middle plan some time back. When they redid the website last fall it disappeared as did the option to purchase I think it was 18 drink coupons. If you'd already purchased it you still get to use it same as the drink coupons.

There was a middle plan some time back. When they redid the website last fall it disappeared as did the option to purchase I think it was 18 drink coupons. If you'd already purchased it you still get to use it same as the drink coupons.

This thread about internet packages. LOL

Whoa. Where are you that you see those prices? We paid far less and even a couple of weeks ago it was still just $79 for the streamer. Also it was only 1.5GB + 20% making it 1.8GB. Reports from the ship were that you could top up on MSC for ME by adding another 500MBs for $11 at least as of the third January cruise on Seaside.

Also when we paid for the streamer plan it stated up to 4 devices. I have read in one review you must chose the 4 devices as the sign in attaches to the device, but then I saw instructions on facebook how to move a login between two devices along with instructions how to initially sign on. Apparently on early cruises MSC was not telling people as they boarded to sign on to your pre-paid plan you use the information from your cruise card. This was resulting in many people in line for customer service to ask for their sign in information.

This thread about internet packages. LOL

Yes I did say there was a middle plan previously for internet. In fact if memory serves there were four internet options but I think the forth was just pay as you go. The part about drink coupons was just in there because there was quite a flurry of posts on CC regarding those being gone thus many would remember that. I don't recall seeing any posts at the time about the middle internet package disappearing but it did happen at the same time. You really should improve your reading comprehension before making rude posts.

Yes I did say there was a middle plan previously for internet. In fact if memory serves there were four internet options but I think the forth was just pay as you go. The part about drink coupons was just in there because there was quite a flurry of posts on CC regarding those being gone thus many would remember that. I don't recall seeing any posts at the time about the middle internet package disappearing but it did happen at the same time. You really should improve your reading comprehension before making rude posts.

I apologize for my rude comment.

Here is a link to where it still shows 3 packages on the MSC website as being available for internet options. Social, Surfer, and Streamer. Currently on my booking only Social and Streamer options show up for pre-booking.