Televison Programs

Cruiser Nonna

BBBC World News, Sky News, CNN News, a couple of other American news channels, a couple of free movies a day (they are advertised in the Insider daily programme you get in your stateroom the night before). Movies come on at certain times, not on demand. There’s Azamara’s own channel which repeats guest speakers etc and there’s a channel which shows the view from the bridge. There are other channels, but I can’t remember what they are as tend to spend little time in our stateroom. I’m sure others will remember and post.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is really lacking are decent music channels such has easy listening and classical.

There is background music on the bridge camera but it is very poor.

I have made this plain on the comments cards many times but it did not seem to change, unless changes have happened recently.

The free movies available on TV, besides being movies you have probably seen a couple of times like Casablanca, repeat quite offen. There are movies per demand at the cost of about US 12.00 per movie.

American TV channels are MSBNC and Fox. I found TV in room entertainment one of the weakness of the Azamara ships.

I agree with Travelberlin that the inroom tv entertainment on Azamara is a weakness. We have commented on it for years. We are on the ship for 21 days now and have seen the same shows over and over again. The selection of free movies have repeated sometimes two days in a row or every other day. The 1 station that has tv shows like Friends, House Hunters or Chicago Fire repeats every other day or every two days. We usually

try not to spend time in our cabin but the weather has not been the best and we have had quite a few sea days. I would suggest bringing an iPad or tablet and watch pre cruise downloaded content. If it is just news you are interested in....you will be covered.

What is really lacking are decent music channels such has easy listening and classical.

I have made this plain on the comments cards many times but it did not seem to change, unless changes have happened recently.

If you have a portable device, get yourself a small Bluetooth speaker, download music before you go or if you buy unlimited internet and with Amazon Music (which works fine on the ship) you’ll have a much larger choice of your own and better quality sound than through the TV speakers. You can even listen to it when you are taking a shower! Lol

A destination immersion line like Azamara are never going to invest much in TV entertainment. They’ve even deleted a few of the free videos, but some of them were as old as the Ark.

Phil

If you have a portable device, get yourself a small Bluetooth speaker, download music before you go or if you buy unlimited internet and with Amazon Music (which works fine on the ship) you’ll have a much larger choice of your own and better quality sound than through the TV speakers. You can even listen to it when you are taking a shower! Lol

A destination immersion line like Azamara are never going to invest much in TV entertainment. They’ve even deleted a few of the free videos, but some of them were as old as the Ark.

Phil

I don't disagree with you at all but we were answering the question about the T.V. program's.

I think that the message is that they are very poor.

I don't disagree with you at all but we were answering the question about the T.V. program's.

I think that the message is that they are very poor.

I was answering your message re music on the TV. I just don’t think TV entertainment is a priority for Azamara and it can often be made worse by the lack of satellite signal.

Phil

Thank you for all your information - not that we spend a lot of time in the cabin but we do enjoy watching the TV or a movie at night after ship entertainment - but are usually disappointed on most ships these days so it appears it will continue. Appreciate all your help!

I listened to one of the two music channels on the TV, whenever I was in the cabin. I only watched two free movies because of poor selection. $15 Aus. is too expensive for on demand movies.

I have also complained about lack of in room music.

Viking have a fantastic selection, by genre, of both music and films. I don't recall that on our 2016 Viking cruise but really enjoyed it over New Year. Of course internet is also free.

I think Azamara needs to improve in this area.

I have also complained about lack of in room music.

Viking have a fantastic selection, by genre, of both music and films. I don't recall that on our 2016 Viking cruise but really enjoyed it over New Year. Of course internet is also free.

I think Azamara needs to improve in this area.

Without wishing to labour the point too much, this is what I bought after being lent one similar.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HTH3C8S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s very small and light and gives excellent sound. Certainly much better than you’d get through a ship TV and you can pick your own music. As I said you can use the ship internet to stream music and radio no problem if you have the unlimited package.

I took a photo of it next to my iPhone to give an idea of size. I’d highly recommend it to anyone that likes a bit of sound in the cabin.

9300f75f39702d641a521cb3eec8df29.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...