Circumnavigating Australia on the Sea Princess

Ken the cruiser

We (a couple) turn up when we want to eat, and unless it is at the really busy time, get seated immediately and served immediately. The main difference is that NCL has a VERY large number of 2 tops. which they will double up if they become short of 4 tops.

There are others but that is the clincher for us.

Do u have a selection of locations to dine at?

You'll have to fill me in on NCL when we cruise in September/Oct.....

On the medium size ships we cruise on there are 2 MDRs, 4 Specialities, about 8 smaller places and then the Buffet.

Look at:-

https://www.ncl.com/nz/en/cruise-ship/jewel/whats-on-board/Dining

and

https://www.ncl.com/nz/en/cruise-ship/jewel/whats-on-board/specialty-dining

for what is available on the Jewel which we are on for 40+ days in April/May and were on for 35+ days in October/November.

On the medium size ships we cruise on there are 2 MDRs, 4 Specialities, about 8 smaller places and then the Buffet.

Look at:-

https://www.ncl.com/nz/en/cruise-ship/jewel/whats-on-board/Dining

and

https://www.ncl.com/nz/en/cruise-ship/jewel/whats-on-board/specialty-dining

for what is available on the Jewel which we are on for 40+ days in April/May and were on for 35+ days in October/November.

I though that was the case ...and thanks for the links.......more choices for sure...I could handle that

We want to do the Around Australia cruise on Princess in 2020 for our 50th anniversary. When browsing the Princess website, I could see that the cruise for March 2019 already has very few cabins left. Can anyone who booked that cruise tell me when it first became available for booking? I'm wondering when we could realistically expect the 2020 circumnavigation cruises to appear, since obviously we will need to book quickly when they do!

We want to do the Around Australia cruise on Princess in 2020 for our 50th anniversary. When browsing the Princess website, I could see that the cruise for March 2019 already has very few cabins left. Can anyone who booked that cruise tell me when it first became available for booking? I'm wondering when we could realistically expect the 2020 circumnavigation cruises to appear, since obviously we will need to book quickly when they do!

The earliest pricing I can see on the Spring 2019 cruise is April 2017.

We are booked on the March 2018 Circumnavigation cruise around Australia. We booked it on April 21, 2016 which I believe was the first day it was open for bookings. Early April 2016 someone on Cruise Critic posted the itineraries and when the cruises were going to be open for bookings. I would start looking mid April 2018.

From what I'm reading here, Princess should hopefully then be posting their Oct 2019 circumnavigation cruise on the Sea Princess any week now. One can hope anyway.

They probably won't be released until April We booked a cruise for November this year on the day they were released last year - 27th April.

Regarding lecturers -

A single lecture or several will usually be given by the Barrier Reef Pilot.

All cruise ships & nearly all other merchant vessels are required to have a pilot onboard between Cairns & Booby Island west of Thursday Island. It is the longest single pilot pilotage in the world.

On a Cruise ship the pilot may board as far south as Sydney & usually continues to Darwin - or alternatively joins in Darwin & leaves at a suitable port south of Cairns.

The two pilot services have excellent web sites with loads of information.

The companies are :- Reef Pilots & Torres Pilots. Both do the same job & shipping companies usually use one or other regularly.

The Torres Strait pilot we had on Golden a couple of years ago was brilliant. He was a great speaker and very interesting. I'm looking forward to going up that way again next month. Hope we get a great pilot on that cruise too.