summer 2019 British Isles or Iceland cruises?

rocklinmom

We're only a few points away from Platinum Plus and had hoped to get there next year with a seven-day cruise through the Norwegian fjords, like they have running in 2018. We were hoping to celebrate five years of me defying that be-atch, Cancer. Alas, it looks as if that won't be happening (us turning Plat Plus, not defying Cancer---yay!). The longer cruises don't work for us, so as much as I'm going to miss NCL's terrific crew, our fabulous perks and CAS, it's Hello, Princess.

I am interested in the July British isles cruise but wonder if I should wait to book for better deals. :confused:

I booked the June one and am hoping the price goes down (a lot!)

I looked at the port fees and for the 11-night British Isles cruise they are about the same as the 11-night Canary Islands cruise we have booked for March next year. What I don't get is why the 11-night Canary Islands cruise is $3600 for the 3 of us and the June British Isles is $8300. It's the same ship!!!

Anyone ever considered MSC? They have a British Isles cruise about the same time that is WAY cheaper.

I booked the June one and am hoping the price goes down (a lot!)

I looked at the port fees and for the 11-night British Isles cruise they are about the same as the 11-night Canary Islands cruise we have booked for March next year. What I don't get is why the 11-night Canary Islands cruise is $3600 for the 3 of us and the June British Isles is $8300. It's the same ship!!!

Anyone ever considered MSC? They have a British Isles cruise about the same time that is WAY cheaper.

The July itinerary is slightly better (Cobh is preferable to Ringaskiddy). I've got the June one on my backburner radar if Princess doesn't come down in cost.

I looked at MSC but their BI cruise leaves from Hamburg and doesn't stop in Edinburgh. This is the same reason we cancelled RCCL (no Edinburgh stop). To me it's not a true British Isles cruise unless I can hit Dublin, Edinburgh and London. I know the ship doesn't actually go to London but a UK departure is what we want.

Already jumped on this one, looks incredible. Twelve ports in one cruise!

I booked the 15 day Stockholm to Southampton on Aug 17, 2019 too. This is the best Baltic itinerary I have seen! No other cruise line has this comprehensive of an itinerary. Truly perfect....well Hamburg would be a great addition....

Edited by JVNYC

I know pricing really fluctuates depending on dates but I looked at the yacht club suites on msc for med and the pricing was about the same with them compared to Haven on the Jade for my desired dates. Idk, folks on the Ncl boards have good things to say about msc yacht club but their ratings and reviews are pretty scary. If it’s just a few bad ones here and there then I take it with a grain of salt but they pretty consistently have pretty terrible reviews. Since I know I like my Ncl cruises and the savings isn’t as dramatic as I thought, I’m not going to chance it.

Another poster published a link to an interview with Mr. Del Rio abroad the Bliss. Interesting he says their bigger profits come from the Europe and Alaska sailings and according to him there’s more customers than staterooms for these sailings. I’m sure that won’t hold for ALL the sailings so some last minute deals are bound to still be had here and there but overall I think customers are willing to pay more and fill up the ships at the asking prices. I’m quite surprised how much the pricing has increased for our Jade 2019 med sailing. Haven now totally sold out and we’re still more than a year and a half away. Pricing on the itineraries with Iceland last year went pretty high too.

The July itinerary is slightly better (Cobh is preferable to Ringaskiddy). I've got the June one on my backburner radar if Princess doesn't come down in cost.

Ok, good to know. I know nothing about any of the ports really. I just know I want to see some of them. :) Looks like the July cruise is only $300 more for an extra day. But it's still over $8K! :(

Princess on 11-Jul-2019 looks to be $800 more than NCL. Ugh. These prices are crazy!

Ok, good to know. I know nothing about any of the ports really. I just know I want to see some of them. :) Looks like the July cruise is only $300 more for an extra day. But it's still over $8K! :(

Princess on 11-Jul-2019 looks to be $800 more than NCL. Ugh. These prices are crazy!

Don’t worry price will drop next year

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was anxious about NCL doing British Isles cruises in 2019 and checked their website every day for the itineraries to be published. I also looked at Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Windstar, Oceania, Princess, Regent, and Viking. I was prepared to compare the other offerings with NCL. Some of the other lines I eliminated because they no longer had suites available or the price was soooo out of line. Thanks to someone here posting the itineraries that were published in Europe a day or two prior to the US I was able to choose the dates and itinerary I preferred and booked our cabin the day they were published. I found NCL had a great itinerary (very port intensive) and good port times.

With 285 posts regarding the Spirit and Northern Europe 2019 sailings, I am curious:

How many of you actually booked with NCL and/or other lines?

I was anxious about NCL doing British Isles cruises in 2019 and checked their website every day for the itineraries to be published. I also looked at Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Windstar, Oceania, Princess, Regent, and Viking. I was prepared to compare the other offerings with NCL. Some of the other lines I eliminated because they no longer had suites available or the price was soooo out of line. Thanks to someone here posting the itineraries that were published in Europe a day or two prior to the US I was able to choose the dates and itinerary I preferred and booked our cabin the day they were published. I found NCL had a great itinerary (very port intensive) and good port times.

With 285 posts regarding the Spirit and Northern Europe 2019 sailings, I am curious:

We can only cruise late May to early July so that left the June British Isles itinerary. I felt the times were not great and when compared to Princess were 1.5-3 hours less in the corresponding ports. We could save a bit of money with NCL but ultimately booked Princess.

When I compared the summer 2019 British Isles cruises on NCL and Princess with ships (NCL Spirit, which we sailed on before to the Med & Crown Princess), itineraries (comparable, and we can sail from Dublin on Princess vs. Southampton again), perks (Elite on Princess & Platinum on NCL, so equal), and cabins (two oceanview cabins on both ships, and with the current Princess Landmark sale was able to upgrade to balcony cabins by going in June instead of July and also picked up $2,000 in OBC) my choice was clear. And with the huge Princess OBC, the price difference between them and NCL became negligible. So we are booked and can't wait! :-)

When I compared the summer 2019 British Isles cruises on NCL and Princess with ships (NCL Spirit, which we sailed on before to the Med & Crown Princess), itineraries (comparable, and we can sail from Dublin on Princess vs. Southampton again), perks (Elite on Princess & Platinum on NCL, so equal), and cabins (two oceanview cabins on both ships, and with the current Princess Landmark sale was able to upgrade to balcony cabins by going in June instead of July and also picked up $2,000 in OBC) my choice was clear. And with the huge Princess OBC, the price difference between them and NCL became negligible. So we are booked and can't wait! :-)

We upgraded with the sale too! We went from 2 interiors to 1 mini-suite. It's $1100 more but we also got the $1000 OBC which takes care of gratuities and still leaves us a few hundred for other stuff.

I do hate that the balcony cabins are set up so weird that 4 really can't be comfortable. We've stuck with Carnival because they have the best balcony set up when you are a non-traditional family of 4.

We originally booked the June British Isles on NCL. I called our "big box" travel agent even before the itineraries showed up on the NCL website. After reading these posts, I called them last week and changed it to the July British Isles cruise for ~$300 more. Our kiddo doesn't start school until mid-August so we can do either. I'm still really hoping the price drops though. Not sure I can swing the $8400 for my family of 3.

Yes, we have booked NCL.

I was planning on doing Norway, but there isn’t one which fits our times. However, the Spirit Baltic itineraries are exceptional, in my opinion.

I had a look at other lines to compare itineraries and prices. Nothing is as good for us as goes itinerary and, for all the grumbling about prices on here, I found that the NCL price was about the same as other lines for three of us (although it does look higher for a couple).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if you can add the free internet package on the “ big c “ site instead of the drink package?

You have to call them. You can call and have them book it all for you or book it online and then call them and ask them to switch the promo. If you do it the second way you'll have to sit on hold while they call NCL. We always do dining and 3rd passenger free (or dining and excursions since there isn't 3rd passenger free yet). We don't drink enough for the beverage package.

About the price drop for Ncl jade and princess Uk base cruise this year

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Forget Princess that will not affect a smaller ship with fewer cabins to sell.

The Jade price drop was not that significant really and is a bigger ship.

Yes they may be a drop BUT the cabins that dropped on the Jade were mostly inside and very few mid ship balcony drops happened

Yes, we have booked NCL.

I was planning on doing Norway, but there isn’t one which fits our times. However, the Spirit Baltic itineraries are exceptional, in my opinion.

I had a look at other lines to compare itineraries and prices. Nothing is as good for us as goes itinerary and, for all the grumbling about prices on here, I found that the NCL price was about the same as other lines for three of us (although it does look higher for a couple).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree!! I'm booked on the Stockholm to London cruise on Aug 17. The itinerary is the best I have seen on every cruise line.

• 1 month later...