Black Card Members

mabones

SB ... I found this on the voyagers club T & C`s. it contradicts what we were told on Seaside which was that you could only pick from those taken at the Welcome back party!

Complimentary MSC Voyagers Club Photo [Gold, Black], a complimentary picture is offered to Gold and Black members. The picture is selected by the guest.The photo will be a 15x20 format. The photo proposed will be from the Welcome Back Cocktail or any other photo already printed of the same size. It is mandatory to choose of oneself. In the extreme such size photo is not available, only the difference will be charged.

4.1.4 Benefits may be subject to changes without warning for operational reasons. Theorder and days of allocation of the on board benefits may vary according to the durationof the cruise and the organisation of the ship and may not be disputed by members

4.4 All the benefits described above will be given to members according to their level of membership. The time and place of issue of the benefit may vary depending on the cruise, destination and cruise length. Benefits may be subject to changes without prior notice due to availability and/or operational reasons. For any other information onthe following or any other benefit please visit the MSC Voyagers Infopoint or the Reception - Guest Service when on board or visit www.msccruises.co.uk.

Hope you guys are having a good time so far, not sure if you did a status match but if so it seems that you cannot use Tepanyaki for the comp meal if you are Black card level. Be interested to hear different if you are.

(Dave ... you posted this on the "Reek" thread. I've quoted you here to respond, rather than post off-topic on the "smelly" thread).

Seems to me that Teppanyaki can only accommodate a limited number of guests and there were too many Black Card holders wanting to book it. That's the downside of the status-match popularity - everyone is losing out. Soon the regular lines at embarkation will be shorter than the priority one, LOL. And those who've status-matched ask those of us who gained our status by sailing MSC "What's it to us?" Well, the fact that you can't avail of the complimentary meal in Teppanyaki is one prime example! Another is the very recent reduction in benefit of complimentary meal for 2, which, I firmly believe, is as a result of the high numbers of status-matchers receiving the Black Card level.

It would be very interesting to know what the percentage is of Black Card holders who are that level as a result of status-matching. I wonder if this will negatively influence the consideration of introducing a new, higher tier, in that the Black level is costing so much that MSC may be reluctant to offer even greater benefits. OTOH, an argument could be made that the status-matched Black Card holders might be incentivised by the existence of a higher tier to continue sailing with MSC. :confused:

(Dave ... you posted this on the "Reek" thread. I've quoted you here to respond, rather than post off-topic on the "smelly" thread).

Seems to me that Teppanyaki can only accommodate a limited number of guests and there were too many Black Card holders wanting to book it. That's the downside of the status-match popularity - everyone is losing out. Soon the regular lines at embarkation will be shorter than the priority one, LOL. And those who've status-matched ask those of us who gained our status by sailing MSC "What's it to us?" Well, the fact that you can't avail of the complimentary meal in Teppanyaki is one prime example! Another is the very recent reduction in benefit of complimentary meal for 2, which, I firmly believe, is as a result of the high numbers of status-matchers receiving the Black Card level.

It would be very interesting to know what the percentage is of Black Card holders who are that level as a result of status-matching. I wonder if this will negatively influence the consideration of introducing a new, higher tier, in that the Black level is costing so much that MSC may be reluctant to offer even greater benefits. OTOH, an argument could be made that the status-matched Black Card holders might be incentivised by the existence of a higher tier to continue sailing with MSC. :confused:

This will be our third trip and we are actually loathe to try another line!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This will be our third trip and we are actually loathe to try another line!

I've had Black Card status for the last 12 cruises, despite there not being a higher tier to be achieved. However, the reduction in benefits - especially the most recent one - and the fact that there hasn't been a higher tier introduced - has had me reviewing my cruise line choices into the future. The more points I gain, the less "rewards" I'm receiving. The biggest blocker for me is the prices on the likes of RCI and NCL - I would have HUGE expectations for a much better onboard experience and fear that they wouldn't be met.

Anyway, hope you have a terrific trip and that you thoroughly enjoy your time onboard Seaside with your upgraded drinks package (that I'm sure you'll have no problem getting), too! :cool:

Bea ... The figure of 32 is what Tepanyaki can hold, 32 in the Pan-Asian Restaurant, 42 in the Sushi Food Bar, 32 in Butchers Cut and 62 in Bistro- La Boheme on deck 8.

Little wonder they are struggling to cope, at Xmas they were trying to get people to use their meals at lunch time!

Perhaps Teppanyaki is most popular with non-Black card holders, so? Otherwise, why single it out as the only one not included in the list of venues for the complimentary meal?

I'm not sure if you've mentioned it before, but do you know how many Black Carders were onboard for your cruise? Apparently, the Christmas cruise is popular with them - there were 170 on ours.

SB ... I found this on the voyagers club T & C`s. it contradicts what we were told on Seaside which was that you could only pick from those taken at the Welcome back party!

sidari,

The lady in the photo shop told us that it´s a new policy and that we can only get the photo made on the Welcome Back Party. This was also the information we found on one of the cards delivered to our cabin.

steamboats

Only valid for last gala night when Capt has welcome back party. The pics are taken and they show 3 pics, one a couple and one each of spouse. You pick two for free and they will sell you the third one for $10.

asctony .... Terms and Condition of Voyagers Club re photos.

Complimentary MSC Voyagers Club Photo [Gold, Black], a complimentary picture is offered to Gold and Black members. The picture is selected by the guest.The photo will be a 15x20 format. The photo proposed will be from the Welcome Back Cocktail or any other photo already printed of the same size. It is mandatory to choose of oneself. In the extreme such size photo is not available, only the difference will be charged.

When on Preziosa in October I was told that my “free” photo was the one taken at the Black welcome back party..... so I went to the party and no one took any pics of me....so they let me have another one half price ( and I suspected it was not the first time they had had this argument!). It is the best photo I have ever had taken on a ship!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regardless of what that said, 3 times on Divina and what i wrote was what happened.

It gets tiring trying to prove their TCs.

Have Fun!

Any dining restrictions ?

On Divina we had 2 free meals each-ordered from the provided normal SR menu. The 4 meal pkg for $75 was order anything on the menu, also. I believe the Only restriction was 1 app, 1 main and 1 desert. Didn't try to order more as we are small eaters and very seldom order desert.

If this excludes beverages, what if you have the Aurea package with unlimited drinks. Does it not apply to this.

TIA

Your drinks package does cover Speciality Restaurants. The wording applies to those who don't have packages. Drinks vouchers are not accepted in the SRs. Here's what it says on the MSC website:

The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet, restaurants, and speciality restaurants.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

Your drinks package does cover Speciality Restaurants. The wording applies to those who don't have packages. Drinks vouchers are not accepted in the SRs. Here's what it says on the MSC website:

The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet, restaurants, and speciality restaurants.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

Thank you 🍻