Black Card Members

mabones

Newcomers to MSC are likely to spend less than those loyal to them especially in the North American market, a look at the number of first time cruisers who have had a status match and will never cruise with them again proves it.
Where do you get this data from? Someone at MSC that has this info told you so?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We have had zero communication issues with MSC. They have to date, been as aligned and coordinated as other CLs and hotels/resorts. 50x better than all current US airlines...

As global business travelers, who have lived abroad, we appreciate consistent quality services/offerings...MSC is top 1/3rd.

I grew up in the hospitality business and can speak to the inconsistency of travelers skills and interpersonal acumen.

Life does happen and when I find myself in a situation that is not 'meeting expectations'...the first thing I do is 'check' myself and ask what ownership I have in the situation/outcomes...was it unrealistic expectations, miss steps, attitude, tone, timing, etc...

Takes two to tango ;-)

Cheers, enjoy your vacays!

That’s terrific that you have had zero communication issues with MSC! Its nice to know there are people truly content with the product. After following MSc for many years, you are perhaps the first person to place MSc in the top 1/3 of anything in terms of quality and consistency. I certainly would not consider MSc a well oiled machine and find much room for improvement; but all opinions matter and yours is no less valuable than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1000's of travelers agree with the value and quality of MSC Seaside and other ships every week!

I'm not 'content' with current state, but am realistic as to what will and should change.

i.e. several on CC have stated that MSC Seaside should change their approach to using Deck 8 buffet as MDR for evening meals...that will never happen...they used years of data and analyzed the metrics to determine the optimum utilization for their overall clientele and floor plan. Many folks are intimidated by differences and change, we embrace it...viva la difference! If I wanted the same, why would I 'try something different'?

All CLs have advantages/benefits, if MSC is not a fit for your cruising style, please choose one that is.

The vitriol shown on CC toward the Seaside, the newest ship based in Miami is unfounded. My comments would be the same regardless of which CL she was operated by.

Cheers, enjoy your cruise!

Just had a reply from MSC to the issues we had regarding the Black card benefits on Seaside which were noted in our review.

Maybe they are going to actually do something about the problems they have caused if this paragraph is to be believed.

MSC have noted any disappointment and we apologise if the new loyalty programme is not to your liking. Customer feedback goes a long way in helping us make any necessary improvements and we would like to advise that your feedback has been addressed with the relevant MSC Club Dept with a view of reviewing this programme as part of our on-going checks.

Hard to believe that MSC did not anticipate pushback when reducing perks. I would risk to say that they knew, if not exactly, had reached a very educated guess as to the percent pushback expected vs the costs savings the perk reductions would generate and decided it was well worth it to implement the reductions keeping in mind that small adjustments would have to be made, hence the letter, etc.

Cheers.

i.e. several on CC have stated that MSC Seaside should change their approach to using Deck 8 buffet as MDR for evening meals...that will never happen...they used years of data and analyzed the metrics to determine the optimum utilization for their overall clientele and floor plan.

Actually seems like they did all that data collections and optimization and threw all the data away and instead of offering a good experience they have gone for minimizing costs and hoping the guests don't notice.

I am guilty of being a black card member and have not set foot on an MSC ship. I chose this cruise not because of the loyalty match. I chose it for the good price and wanted to see if it could be as good as my last two NCL cruises. If that be the case-I will book again and again with this line.

I did many sailings on Royal before I figured out it was not for me. If you go over to that thread, it can at times be constant complaining as to any little change or thought of it. It creates some very sour people on board and on certain threads. I truly think some of these companies welcome fresh faces happy with the current product and its offerings. Royal has a hard time separating suite guest amenities from loyalty perks and that is why I branched out to see what else is out there. All of this is my opinion, many first hand experiences, and on board observations.

This is the beginning to my MSC experience. Although I know it is not easy when programs change. No one wants to lose anything-that's a part of life. I can feel for all those who were not made instant top tier level cruisers, did it through multiple cruises, and have lost some things. I just hope the basic MSC experience, minus any loyalty program is a good one. I hope what made those of you become black card holders makes me love my first experience. I hope to meet some of you when I sail so you can share your good MSC stories.:)

I also believe that MSC is the first to do this loyalty match thing. If Royal started doing that.........oh hell hath no fury!!:eek: LOL

I am guilty of being a black card member and have not set foot on an MSC ship. I chose this cruise not because of the loyalty match. I chose it for the good price and wanted to see if it could be as good as my last two NCL cruises. If that be the case-I will book again and again with this line.

I did many sailings on Royal before I figured out it was not for me. If you go over to that thread, it can at times be constant complaining as to any little change or thought of it. It creates some very sour people on board and on certain threads. I truly think some of these companies welcome fresh faces happy with the current product and its offerings. Royal has a hard time separating suite guest amenities from loyalty perks and that is why I branched out to see what else is out there. All of this is my opinion, many first hand experiences, and on board observations.

This is the beginning to my MSC experience. Although I know it is not easy when programs change. No one wants to lose anything-that's a part of life. I can feel for all those who were not made instant top tier level cruisers, did it through multiple cruises, and have lost some things. I just hope the basic MSC experience, minus any loyalty program is a good one. I hope what made those of you become black card holders makes me love my first experience. I hope to meet some of you when I sail so you can share your good MSC stories.:)

I also believe that MSC is the first to do this loyalty match thing. If Royal started doing that.........oh hell hath no fury!!:eek: LOL

I think you will be pleasantly surprised, and glad that you decided to try MSC. We too have sailed in NCl and find the MSC experience very different than NCL, but not better or worse, just different. As a matter of fact we like the shows better in MSC. But we are going back on MSC not because of the perks or the quality, but because we are curious about the new ship. The Seaside looks beautiful in the review pictures and we want to see it. We will miss our double dinner and the xtra bottle of prosecco, but not the second chocolate ship, yuk!

Did you splurge for the YC? We found it over rated, but many here would die for it.

Oh well, enjoy your cruise.

Cheers.

Back from the MSC Seaside:

- 1 Prosecco

- 1 chocolate covered strawberries

- 1 Black Dinner

- 2 gifts (string backpacks)

- 2 chocolate ships

New:

Free photo (and only one per cabin!) can be only redeemed for the photo with the captain on the Voyagers Party!! As we had app. 1,200 Voyagers Club members onboard the party was a "dry" one and we received a voucher each for one free glass of sparkling wine (or fruit punch) at any bar.

steamboats

- 1 Prosecco

- 1 Black Dinner

- 2 chocolate ships

New:

Free photo (and only one per cabin!) can be only redeemed for the photo with the captain on the Voyagers Party!! As we had app. 1,200 Voyagers Club members onboard the party was a "dry" one and we received a voucher each for one free glass of sparkling wine (or fruit punch) at any bar.

steamboats

The Captain stood for all those pictures!:eek:

If it was "dry" do you mean nothing was served? Was this where the chocolate ship was given out?

Steamboats ... Hardly a party these days.

Mafig ... The welcome back party is different from the Black card one.

Somewhat laughable to have a welcome back party for people who have never cruised MSC before.

The free photo isn't new. However, the "Welcome Back" event is beyond a joke, now. As for the Black Card event - it's very, very, rarely worth attending (except for those looking for free drink - which doesn't apply to us as we always have a package. There were 170 Black Card members on Orchestra at Christmas and the drink was really free-flowing!).

- 1 Prosecco

- 1 Black Dinner

- 2 chocolate ships

New:

steamboats

Noooooooo! Two chocolate ships? Yuk! Can't we trade the ship for a dinner????

Cheers.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised, and glad that you decided to try MSC. We too have sailed in NCl and find the MSC experience very different than NCL, but not better or worse, just different. As a matter of fact we like the shows better in MSC. But we are going back on MSC not because of the perks or the quality, but because we are curious about the new ship. The Seaside looks beautiful in the review pictures and we want to see it. We will miss our double dinner and the xtra bottle of prosecco, but not the second chocolate ship, yuk!

Did you splurge for the YC? We found it over rated, but many here would die for it.

Oh well, enjoy your cruise.

Cheers.

Thank you so much. I have a while before my cruise so plenty of time to research.

We did splurge and I am curious the see the comparison to NCL. I loved the concept of freestyle and the NCL product. MSC seems like it might also be a good fit for us too. Time will tell!!;)

Noooooooo! Two chocolate ships? Yuk! Can't we trade the ship for a dinner????

Cheers.

The chocolate ships are great, when used in making deserts at home. I made some good chocolate bark, from my tow ships. Even better, Seaside has that Italian designer chocolate ships, so even better.

When I went Divina, everyone got their own captain's picture, not "one per cabin".

I do have a question for this group: why is the Cruise Critic party, so much nicer, than the Black Card VIP party/event?

With regard to the CC party maybe its because they actually bring drinks and nibbles round as they did on ours.

They had a nice range of drinks and plates of hors d'oeuvres type nibbles at the Black Card event on Orchestra. It was held in the disco; they tried to make it feel like a real party with music played and social hosts/hostesses taking one or two people up on the raised platform (stage) to dance. With 170 Black Card members onboard, it was a very well-attended event. They didn't hand out the chocolate ships, then; they were delivered to the cabins on another evening.

If it was "dry" do you mean nothing was served? Was this where the chocolate ship was given out?

The Voyagers Club Cocktail (or whatever it is called) was "dry" meaning nothing was served. We got the vouchers for that even.

The Black Party was with drinks and food.

The chocolate ships were delivered to the cabin.

steamboats

The free photo isn't new.

The free photo itself isn´t new. Last year on the Fantasia we were free to chose any photo (smallest size) and one each. New is that you now don´t have a choice anymore. You can only get the photo with the captain made on the Welcome Back Party / Voyagers Club Cocktail. That photo was a joke as it was in the theater in front of the stage. And that reduces it more or less to one photo per cabin as usually all of one cabin are on that photo.

steamboats

Steamboats ... On Seaside at Xmas the photo with the Captain in the Atrium on Gala/Elegant night was not available for purchase unless you bought the souvenir package that was delivered to your cabin!

Same on our cruise. It was 35 USD.

But I´m talking about the photo taken on the Welcome Back Party. That´s the only one you now can get for free as a Black Member.

steamboats