Bringing food onboard

Wife has allergy to corn. Dinning took great care of her for every meal on board. Only ate in wj for breakfast once, rest of meals were mdr since they could cater to allergy, also breakfast in mdr were almost same selection as wj just less crowded, they had buffet and menu ordering.

However she brought bread, jelly, and peanut butter for pbj off ship.

Also brought snack for evenings and time on shore.

Like others have posted took food from dining back to room. Even had waiter asking and getting food for us from mdr to take back to room.

Just email ahead of time to let them know. Forgot the address buts it's on the faq on the rccl website. Just search for allergy.

We did prepare business cards with the different names for the items that she was allergic too, they liked it and wanted one for each meal to staple to order, so you might want to print something up before hand. Makes it easier.

Oh how rude! You cannot get dips and chips and stuff on the ship.

Of course you can. You seriously need a sense of humor. Anyway, raw veggies, ranch dressing, cheeses in the WJ. Chips from Park Cafe. Even guacamole and chips if you want to pay for them.

Got stopped by a sniffer dog once.

Had been happily eating an apple on my walk along the port from the ship - long walk - finished it before we got to the "gate" dog came up and sat by me - told I could not take in food - asked please show me a garbage can and you can have my apple core...

They searched my purse, no food there.

Just an fyi - maybe because it was "fruit".

Never taken any food ashore since.

Took small unopened cereal boxes when grandkids were little, but since grandson grew he would need a full size box now just as a snack haha.

Oh how rude! You cannot get dips and chips and stuff on the ship.

Because we like to have refreshments for sail away on our balcony. We don't do cattle call food when we board. That is not our idea of how to start a great vacation. ... thats why.

Personally I found your response to be much ruder. Sail on a different line if the great unwashed are so offensive.

What is cattle call food?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My guess would be from the Windjammer buffet.

We have brought on packaged granola and chocolate bars many times for consumption off the ship during port stops with no problem resulting.

Edited by robtulipe

Because we like to have refreshments for sail away on our balcony. We don't do cattle call food when we board. That is not our idea of how to start a great vacation. ... thats why.

Doesn’t make much sense that you would sail RCL if you refer to their food as Cattle Call!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't think it was a rude response. Plenty of chips etc. on the ship. You can make up a plate in the Windjammer with snacks. Depending on ship/location bags of chips available with a sandwich at no charge. I can't imagine bringing a deli tray - what about refrigeration, health rules, etc.

Packaged nuts, candy, crackers are easy to pack and bring on board. The emphasis on packaged.

On a related note- where are those bags of chips??!! People talk about them, and I can never seem to find them!!?? I’ve been on a variety of ships, and will be on Radiance and Symphony next...

What about “store sealed”? Some grocery stores have the “sealed” trays, that actually have the bit of glueing on them?

No idea, probably depends what kind of mood the security officer is in.

On a related note- where are those bags of chips??!! People talk about them, and I can never seem to find them!!?? I’ve been on a variety of ships, and will be on Radiance and Symphony next...

On the Brilliance, they have chips at the dining spot in the Solarium along with those delicious roast beef sandwiches (7 weeks and counting). We have also gotten various types of chips on the Oasis class ships in the Park Café.

On the Brilliance, they have chips at the dining spot in the Solarium along with those delicious roast beef sandwiches (7 weeks and counting). We have also gotten various types of chips on the Oasis class ships in the Park Café.

Thanks! I’ll have to look a little better next time :)

Small cafe locations like in the Solarium or cafes in the Central Park on Oasis class; often with sandwiches or registers where people are paying for drinks.

Café Two70 on Quantum class ships.

The last time we were on Serenade, there were no chips in the Park Café and we were told they'd been discontinued. YMMV

I didn't think it was a rude response. Plenty of chips etc. on the ship. You can make up a plate in the Windjammer with snacks. Depending on ship/location bags of chips available with a sandwich at no charge. I can't imagine bringing a deli tray - what about refrigeration, health rules, etc.

Packaged nuts, candy, crackers are easy to pack and bring on board. The emphasis on packaged.

If you read my comment I said that we do not start our vacation in the cattle call line in the Windjammer. That is not vacation, it is aggravation! To each is own. If you enjoy standing in line for food and walking around like a fool looking for a place to eat said food then good for you. We do not. We will be relaxing on our balcony with drinks and snacks.

Who the heck said anything about bring on a deli tray? I'm going to carry on a small veggie tray from the grocery store, chips and dips and some other things to keep in our cabin for the week. We do it when we stay at hotels, this is no different.

It was indeed a very rude and snarky response.... uppitty if you will. Some folks just think they are experts and that their way is the only way.

If you read my comment I said that we do not start our vacation in the cattle call line in the Windjammer. That is not vacation, it is aggravation! To each is own. If you enjoy standing in line for food and walking around like a fool looking for a place to eat said food then good for you. We do not. We will be relaxing on our balcony with drinks and snacks.

Who the heck said anything about bring on a deli tray? I'm going to carry on a small veggie tray from the grocery store, chips and dips and some other things to keep in our cabin for the week. We do it when we stay at hotels, this is no different.

It was indeed a very rude and snarky response.... uppitty if you will. Some folks just think they are experts and that their way is the only way.

So now you are implying that people who go to the windjammer are fools?You my dear are the rude one!!!

I would bet you can get chips on board. If not for free in the WJ or other locations, then likely in one of the gift shops. For veggies, have you considered making a plate up from the WJ? They likely have a good selection, along with ranch or other dressings to dip. You could also make a nice cheese plate from the WJ and bring it back to your cabin for sail away.

Thank you for the suggestions.

The last time we were on Serenade, there were no chips in the Park Café and we were told they'd been discontinued. YMMV

I don't know about Serenade, but last month on Allure we were able to get them at the Park Cafe. They had several different kinds.

I used to bring Pringles and cashew nuts on our cruises as my husband liked to have a salty snack while having a drink in the cabin. He'd get something from the bar and relax while I would get ready for dinner.