Crown Grill Steak Questions

MsSoCalCruiser

I have been to the crown grill several times and have always ordered either the filet mignon or the ribeye steak. Each time I tell myself I'm going to order something different but I never do. I know this steak is massive but has anyone here ever ordered the porterhouse? Was it tender and juicy? Also, what is a sterling silver beef chop? What cut is that?

Oh my, I just noticed that my favorite appetizer is no longer on the menu. We loved the scallops. What's up with that?

I have been to the crown grill several times and have always ordered either the filet mignon or the ribeye steak. Each time I tell myself I'm going to order something different but I never do. I know this steak is massive but has anyone here ever ordered the porterhouse? Was it tender and juicy? Also, what is a sterling silver beef chop? What cut is that?

Stick with the Filet Mignon. I ordered the Porterhouse once and my cousin tried it once also. Both times it was not that good. The Porterhouse I had was so bad the waiter took it back. He told me to get the Filet Mignon.

Tony

Stick with the Filet Mignon. I ordered the Porterhouse once and my cousin tried it once also. Both times it was not that good. The Porterhouse I had was so bad the waiter took it back. He told me to get the Filet Mignon.

Tony

Oh no, Tony... This is bad news and I thought I had made a decision. :(

Linda, I just stick with the filet mignon. Never been disappointed. Rarely hear any bad reviews for the filet but many for the porterhouse and NY sirloin.

It’s too much food. I have the shrimp bisque to start, the filet with a baked potato, and the Chocolate Obsession dessert. Yummy.

...It’s too much food....

I would disagree, but if you cannot finish it, they will wrap it in aluminum foil and you can store it in your stateroom refrigerator. We take it the next morning to the buffet and enjoy steak and eggs!

I've almost always had the rib eye since it's my favorite steak. Last fall on the British Isles/TA on the CB I tried the porterhouse, and I didn't like it. The filet side was tender, but the other side was tough. Neither side had much flavor. DH always gets a filet, and he's always very happy with it. On our Hawaiian cruise next month I'm going to try the filet.

A coin it is :)

Heads you win, tails you win. I was on the same cruise as that Tony guy from Boston and did not have the same experience. He did the right thing in sending back the plate if it was not proper. I had the porterhouse and both the tenderloin and the NY strip sections were quite good, well marbled, tasty and without gristle. My wife had the filet and it was likewise very good. Service was great and we left full, without finishing all of our dessert. Enjoy it whatever you choose.

I would disagree, but if you cannot finish it, they will wrap it in aluminum foil and you can store it in your stateroom refrigerator. We take it the next morning to the buffet and enjoy steak and eggs!

Great! I wish I would have known about that. Last time we ate at Crown Grill, the wife wasn't feeling well and could only take a few bites of her steak. We never considered boxing it up and taking it as we couldn't warm it up later. So we let them take an almost full steak away.

I'll remember that if it ever happens again. Thank you!

I'm assuming you have them warm up the steak in the buffet, right?

Linda, I just stick with the filet mignon. Never been disappointed. Rarely hear any bad reviews for the filet but many for the porterhouse and NY sirloin.

It’s too much food. I have the shrimp bisque to start, the filet with a baked potato, and the Chocolate Obsession dessert. Yummy.

Pam, that's probably what will happen. I will probably order surf and turf again.

As for the desert, I'm still trying to decide what I can eat. Allergies are such a bummer. They probably read my email about my allergies and laughed when they got to the part that said I could eat chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake and brownies too :'):'):')

Heads you win, tails you win. I was on the same cruise as that Tony guy from Boston and did not have the same experience. He did the right thing in sending back the plate if it was not proper. I had the porterhouse and both the tenderloin and the NY strip sections were quite good, well marbled, tasty and without gristle. My wife had the filet and it was likewise very good. Service was great and we left full, without finishing all of our dessert. Enjoy it whatever you choose.

Thank you. I think I'll skip a few meals for the week so I can eat my steak. I know the porterhouse is huge but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that a large part of the weight is due to the bone.

Can someone tell me what the beef chop is?? Is like a "chopped sirloin" i.e. a large chunk of ground meat albeit good ground meat?? On Regal in a couple of weeks and have meal booked in the Crown Grill.

Many thanks for any assistance!!!

Can someone tell me what the beef chop is?? Is like a "chopped sirloin" i.e. a large chunk of ground meat albeit good ground meat?? On Regal in a couple of weeks and have meal booked in the Crown Grill.

Many thanks for any assistance!!!

NOT ground meat. It's more like a pork chop. Big, thick, definitely not pork, tho'.

NOT ground meat. It's more like a pork chop. Big, thick, definitely not pork, tho'.

The menu says:

Our Chops are Thick Center Cuts from the Rib of Premium Selected Meat

STERLING SILVER BEEF CHOP* 16 OZ.Blackened with Mushrooms and Onions

------

I don't know either. A term we don't use often in beef country. Maybe more of a thick ribeye? Delmonico?

I always have the filet at Crown Grill. As I recall there was a display of all of the cuts on the menu, uncooked, near the entrance. Curious too what a "beef chop" is because I didn't pay attention to the display as I'd already decided on the filet.- - - Found this photo on line: crown_grill_00_copyright_jason_leppert.jpg

I always have the filet at Crown Grill. As I recall there was a display of all of the cuts on the menu, uncooked, near the entrance. Curious too what a "beef chop" is because I didn't pay attention to the display as I'd already decided on the filet.- - - Found this photo on line: crown_grill_00_copyright_jason_leppert.jpg

Thanks for the pic. It looks like a larger ribeye (that is then served blackened with mushrooms and onions)?