Mariner credits from other CCL lines

bluewatercoulpe

When Mr. Arnold Donald became CEO of Carnival Corporation, he said that one of his objectives was to find a way of combining the guest loyalty programs of the Corporation's Brands. It has not happened, obviously. Maybe if someone attends the Corporation's Annual Meeting this Spring, a question might be asked as to what progress is being made towards that goal.

When Mr. Arnold Donald became CEO of Carnival Corporation, he said that one of his objectives was to find a way of combining the guest loyalty programs of the Corporation's Brands. It has not happened, obviously. Maybe if someone attends the Corporation's Annual Meeting this Spring, a question might be asked as to what progress is being made towards that goal.

They may have done some research about what combining would do and decided they would have too many high-level past passengers. Plus each line's system is different. For example, HAL gives you credit for onboard spending and booking a suite. Cunard doesn't do that. So would Cunard count only your actual sailing days on HAL?

I agree that combining credits would be very difficult. What I would like to see is all of the CCL lines honoring the level achieved at another CCL line. Like a 4 Star at HAL would be a ??? at Princess.

Yes, I agree. That ought to be a step forward and I wonder why it cannot take place.

As a Marriott Rewards Gold Member, despite the linking of my account with my Starwood Preferred Guest account, my Marriott Gold Member status did not provide the benefits that I expected at Santiago Sheraton Hotel and Resort.

Marriott International seems to be having difficulty just as Carnival Corporation has discovered. But, why?