Side facing interior cabins

Mayo21

We have had the sideways rooms a couple of times and we prefer them to the usual rooms. They are a little wider, maybe close to two feet. The desk top is much longer. MrSchwump is correct about the downside of the bed being visible to the hallway when the door is open.

Much better lay out and storage.

Agree! We had one on our recent Grand cruise to Hawaii and loved the layout! Felt bigger than the normal inside cabins and we had a lot of closet space that had closet doors until the balcony cabins. We would gladly book another sideways inside cabin!

We’re on the Regal on April 15th in room 209 on Marina Deck! The cabin is side facing! Is it any bigger than forward facing cabins... a better layout???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless you need the upper berths, avoid sideways cabins with them.

They are really, really intrusive.

In my opinion, much more so in the sideways cabins.

Even when assigned a guarantee, you may be able to move to an available cabin

in the same category, to avoid upper berths.

Even when assigned a guarantee, you may be able to move to an available cabin

in the same category, to avoid upper berths.

Very good point!! Ours did not have the upper berths and we would not have booked it if it had.

Good point that we have missed, Pablo !!!!

I have a silly question, just sheerly out of my curiosity and constant researching....

How about the ventilation.... The cruise ships are set up with a system that is almost like pressurized, where the air is drawn out of the cabin thru the door. Right???? Would the bathroom being at the back of these rooms, instead of at that doorway be an issue?

The sideways cabins (non-quad) are great, except the entrance to the bathroom is a bit tight.

Definitely avoid the quad cabins.

Here are pictures of a sideways inside quad on the Royal Princess, at post #461.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1950107&page=4

M209 is not adjoining and does not have the additional berths...

Looks like you are good !

It is pretty far forward, on a high deck, if there is any motion.

But, the cabin should be great.

Thanks for checking for me! I know we’re way in the front of the boat!! We’ve never been sick on a boat before! Motion just doesn’t affect us anywhere, but then we’ve never done a Crossing! Prayers for good weather!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been in MS M211 twice. That is JUST across from your 209. I have M 229 booked in April. First time in an interior and decided to try the sideways lay out. As far as movement being forward and high up...it has never been an issue. The location is very, very convenient to the adult only Sanctuary pool, the Lido deck and even the elevators down to Deck 5, 6 or 7. I love this cabin area on Regal/Royal. Enjoy!!!!

• 4 months later...
The sideways cabins (non-quad) are great, except the entrance to the bathroom is a bit tight.

Definitely avoid the quad cabins.

Here are pictures of a sideways inside quad on the Royal Princess, at post #461.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1950107&page=4

Just checked out the quad photos. I wonder if it would be better if in a quad, the beds were set up as twins?

Just checked out the quad photos. I wonder if it would be better if in a quad, the beds were set up as twins?

Yes. The bunk beds stick out just enough so that when you use the queen config., the bunks will nail you 9 times out of 10. You have to bend over (quite a bit, depending on how tall you are), slide past the bunk (while you're bent over), then basically crawl into the bed. And it's just as much "fun" getting out as getting in.

Plus, in twin config., it's easier for the steward to make the bed.

I'm 5'4", DH is 6'1". We both forgot many times and hit our heads, back or shoulders.

No quads ever again!!

Thanks to the warnings here about the quad cabins, I was able to change our guarantee assignment to an available cabin in the same category without the upper berths. It will be our first time in a sideways cabin.

Yes. The bunk beds stick out just enough so that when you use the queen config., the bunks will nail you 9 times out of 10. You have to bend over (quite a bit, depending on how tall you are), slide past the bunk (while you're bent over), then basically crawl into the bed. And it's just as much "fun" getting out as getting in.

Plus, in twin config., it's easier for the steward to make the bed.

I'm 5'4", DH is 6'1". We both forgot many times and hit our heads, back or shoulders.

No quads ever again!!

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.