Whats Your Favorite Carnival Ship

Lonely At The Top

I am a bit surprised....I know its only 20 posts but i thought i would have seen more Vista votes....I think i have seen it mentioned once....Seems like the Breeze and Sunshine are popular ships

I know the Vista gets a lot of mixed reviews, but I really enjoyed her. Great ship.

Vista is still fairly new..... I personally loved this ship , especially the Havana area

I personally havent been on it, but I seen the comments. Obviously it has all the bells and whistles, but apparently the Atrium setup is a huge disappointment....I have heard major crowds and the Havana area is a point of contention. If you have some sort of Havana cabin, people seem to like it, but it seems to cut into the deck area of an already crowded ship. Again, i have not been on it, just my perception of all i have read

Of course you realize that the former Destiny is now called the Sunshine. We sailed on the Destiny before the re-do. We had one of the L-shaped cabins in the Aft, which we both liked. I think my wife liked the Destiny more than I did. I thought the layout of the ship was a bit odd. It was okay. Just not one of my favorites.

Yes, i had the L shaped cabin as well and loved it. I would like to sail on the Sunshine one day, i have two cruises booked for this year so maybe next year.

I personally havent been on it, but I seen the comments. Obviously it has all the bells and whistles, but apparently the Atrium setup is a huge disappointment....I have heard major crowds and the Havana area is a point of contention. If you have some sort of Havana cabin, people seem to like it, but it seems to cut into the deck area of an already crowded ship. Again, i have not been on it, just my perception of all i have read

I stayed in Havana and it was wonderful....Probably a bit overpriced...but thats the price you pay to ensure a relaxfull and quiet area. Being a smoker I walked the ship alot (to get to the designated smoking areas) and the ship didn't appear to be crowded by the 2 pool areas... Plenty of lounge chairs always available and I was on a Thanksgiving week cruise (Full ship). I didn't think Havana took anything away from the deck areas...This area is Deck 5 Aft... There was still the main Pool on Lido deck and the Tides pool on deck 10 of aft area of ship. Serenity area was nice as well as water park and sports area. The atrium area was a bit bland compared to other ships...but still nice and I thought the ship flowed well on decks 4 and 5. Like the Dream class ships...great outside promenade area.

Carnival Conquest has always been my favorite. She was built for New Orleans and I miss her.

Conquest is also my favorite. I love the layout, particularly the aft pool. Somehow, it just doesn't seem as crowded as other ships.

Toss of a coin between the Legend and the Pride.

I'm leaning towards the Legend due to memories! We went on a Cruise to Nowhere out of New York in October 2004 for my parents 50th anniversary. So glad we went as my dad passed away 2 months later.

Karen

I love the Spirit class ships. I've never sailed the Spirit. But have been on the Miracle once, the Legend twice & the Pride three times. The balconies are 4 foot deep instead of 31/2 foot deep. Also they are not as packed with cruisers.

We sail a number of lines, but for the Carnival ones Sunshine is easily our favorite. It has what we most like in a ship.

Food options : tons of them. More than most. Jiji's Asian Kitchen is incredible and the best value at sea. Cucian del Capitano is also very good as is the steakhouse.

Serenity : better than the ones on other Carnival ships we have experienced. Its the only one that is three decks high. It has its own pool with a waterfall. Love it!!

The comedy club is smaller than some others but not much of a priority for us as we can take or leave the comedy shows. The comedians they employ tend toward the pick on audience member variety which we do not enjoy.

Love the unique theater set up. Very beautiful and site lines are excellent.

I totally agree with you about the Sunshine. Our favorite ship. We've sailed a total of 24 nights on her!

Vista, probably replaced by the Horizon by May. Followed by the all of the Dream Class, then the Conquest class, which I've sailed almost 20 times..

I stopped sailing the oldest Carnival ships over a dozen years ago, IMO, they were OLD then. JMO< YMMV.

So far, the Magic. But that might change when we sail on the Horizon in a couple months. What I liked about the Magic was all the extras that previous ships we sailed on didn’t have. So with the Magic having Bonsai Teppanyaki and Jiji’s, I have a feeling we will like that ship even more. And of course, there’s also the sky bikes!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ecstasy. I'd choose the Fantasy but I like the Ecstasy's larger rear lounge better. I've only been on the Ecstasy, Sunshine, and Fantasy though so I don't have a big sample size.

Every time I've been on the Ecstasy the food has been wonderful.

We enjoyed the Ecstasy too when we sailed on her for the first time last year, so much so we decided to sail on her again later this year. She still looks pretty darn good for her age, great staff, and the food was really good.