Returning from Jewel

We just returned from a 7-Night Southern Caribbean on Jewel stopping in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados. Had a terrific trip! Ships staff was amazing, itinerary was the best and the ship is always one of my favorites. If anyone has any questions about Jewel or the itinerary, please don't hesitate to ask. I booked return trip for the same week next year, this time visiting ABC's and St. Maarten on Freedom from San Juan. Let me know if anyone has tips or great excursions at any of those places as well!

We just returned from a 7-Night Southern Caribbean on Jewel stopping in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados./quote]

Great to hear. I am on her for the 3rd time in a few weeks. I'll read the rest of your posts, but will be curious about how thinks look in St Thomas. My cruise won't be visiting there this time, but I will be going to St Martin for the first time post Hurricane damage.

I loved the ABC islands and love Freedom, will watch for your report next year!

Actually, we were planning on boarding the Jewel at 11am, but then leave the ship after our room opens at 1pm to explore Old San Juan, returning around 530 or 6pm

I read somewhere that unlike the Adventure out of SJ, Jewel only does one muster drill at 8:30pm, with normal dining times adjusted for the drill.

Actually, we were planning on boarding the Jewel at 11am, but then leave the ship after our room opens at 1pm to explore Old San Juan, returning around 530 or 6pm

We did a B2B cruise on the Jewel April 2017 and there was only one Muster Drill and it was at 5:30 for each cruise. We don't have any experience with missing MDs but have heard a make up MD would be held later that evening or the next day for late arrivals. The Jewel isn't scheduled to leave San Juan until 8:30 PM. Not to worry if you miss the 5:30 MD you will be notified when the make up MD will be. The crew doesn't want you to miss out on all the fun.;p

I read somewhere that unlike the Adventure out of SJ, Jewel only does one muster drill at 8:30pm, with normal dining times adjusted for the drill.

That's what I thought too, but it sounds like it's been changed to 5:30pm.

We're going this Sunday, do you happen to know how the Muster drill will work if you missed the 530pm one?
Yes. Our drill was 5:45. Talked to some people who missed it and they simply had a flyer in their room asking them to come to an optional muster drill on day two. They didn't go to it as far as I know.

We just returned from a 7-Night Southern Caribbean on Jewel stopping in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados./quote]

Great to hear. I am on her for the 3rd time in a few weeks. I'll read the rest of your posts, but will be curious about how thinks look in St Thomas. My cruise won't be visiting there this time, but I will be going to St Martin for the first time post Hurricane damage.

I loved the ABC islands and love Freedom, will watch for your report next year!

You could definitely tell it had been hit but wasn't totally wrecked. We went back to Magen's Bay and that was were I could really tell it had been hit. Overall though, it had recovered better than I expected.

Was the Skyride to Paradise Point open yet? What did you think of the shows? I've heard nothing good, but I'm still hopeful. Thoughts on the food?

According to Paradise Points official Facebook page, they opened the Skyride on Feb 15th. That's just a few days after OP visited according to the ships itinerary.

Was the Skyride to Paradise Point open yet? What did you think of the shows? I've heard nothing good, but I'm still hopeful. Thoughts on the food?

The skyride was not open. I was a fan of both production shows. The food was pretty good. We didn't eat in the dining room. Either did WJ or specialty restaurants because of the port intensive itinerary. Windjammer was okay but not a ton of selections. Really like Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi.

same week next year, this time visiting ABC's and St. Maarten on Freedom from San Juan. Let me know if anyone has tips or great excursions at any of those places as well!

Full review with tons of pictures/tips/ideas at each port, this exact same itinerary, starting with St Marten:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50940969&highlight=DIY+St+Marten#post50940969

Hope this helps you even a little bit.

I would hope the French side of St Marten will have recovered from the hurricanes by next year. Keep an eye out for other's reviews here on CC as the year progresses.

edit:

(I don't know why, but the above link goes directly to the 1st post of the thread instead of immediately to the beginning of St Marten. If you need to, scroll ahead to page 6, post 102 to get to St Marten and then the rest of the ports)