Loundry service

Nick2000

Some current prices:

Laundry - long sleeve shirt $7, short sleeve shirt $6, pants $7, skirt $6,50, t-shirt $3.75, dress $11

Dry Cleaning- jacket $11, pants $8, dress $16, suit $19, skirt $7,50 long sleeve shirt $7.50

Bag of wash & fold laundry last week was $50. This bag isn’t. A regular thing it may be offered once on longer cruises.

You will find that a complete Laundry Price List is published in the Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] section of Celebrity's website... A link to that webpage [uS website] follows; tab down to the bottom of the page...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/during-your-cruise/all-during-your-cruise-faqs

We usually take advantage of the laundry specials available to us. The wash and fold option is good for shorts, t-shirts, etc. We do not include items that can not stand up to the high heat of the ships laundry.

Nick How long is your cruise?, longer cruises they offer laundry by the bag.

Some passengers do self laundry, just bring the accessories for travel laundry.

To clarify the "Self Laundry" option. Celebrity ships do not have washing machines, dryers and irons available to passengers such as those available on Carnival. My way of doing self laundry is washing out small clothing items in the bathroom sink or in the shower. Then I roll the items in a towel and hang where ever I can find space.

As a caveat, I would say doing your own hand laundry is not a good option for heavy items such as jeans or heavy shirts or shorts etc . Such items just take too long to dry. I've even tried to hurry drying with the blow dryer, but it is better just not to hand wash heavy, bulky or large items on a cruise. Maybe others here some some better tricks. I'd like to know them and try them myself.

I know I am going to get flamed over this but until we reached Elite status and did our own laundry we rigged up a clothes line between the stations on the balcony. The balcony is approx. 4 metres wide so one would need a line at least 4.5 metres. We also bring plenty of good quality clothes pegs. Most lightweight clothes dry overnight. In order to get as much water as possible out of the clothes we have some of those artificial chamois that one gets at trade shows and wrap up the clothes in those to remove as much water as possible. Whilst some will scoff at this practice it is a practical solution to a problem.

If one is "Select" one can get a $20 bag of laundry for cruises over 12 days, Elite one free bag and one $20 dollar bag irrespective of cruise length and Elite Plus 2 bags of laundry free.

we plan to wash out our 'smalls' every day or 2 and hang them over the shower - we too have bought a little clothes line for this purpose... if Solstice offer a laundry special mid / late cruise (12 nights) we might take advantage if it if we need to

• 2 weeks later...
We'll be using our elite laundry perk on our upcoming cruise. Do I just put the clothes in the bag and leave it for our cabin steward? How long does it usually take from when it's picked up to when delivered?

As an elite one is permitted 30 items ( pr socks =1 item) except some cruises where there are water shortages but they are explained on the Captains Club section of the website.

Fill out the laundry list as normal and write "Elite" on the list and on the bag(s) and leave for your steward. If you put it out at night it may be back late following day. If you put it out in morning it may be bag late following day but more likely day after.

When an Elite passenger has used their free bag they have an additional option of a $20 dollar bag.

If there are two elites in the cabin there are two free bags and 2 $20 bags.

Unlike Select passengers who get a discounted laundry on longer cruises there is no determined length of a cruise for an Elite to get the benefit

We'll be using our elite laundry perk on our upcoming cruise. Do I just put the clothes in the bag and leave it for our cabin steward? How long does it usually take from when it's picked up to when delivered?

Ask the steward for the wash n fold bag. Roll everything as tightly as possible and carefully stuff the bag. It's amazing how much you can cram in. We usually leave the bag on the bed before we go to dinner. It is returned 2 days later usually late morning/early afternoon. For example, we leave it on Wed evening and we get it back sometime on Friday.