All Inclusive Drinks Package - Teens want Coffee

I would love the benefit of your expertise. Our Jewel of the Seas cruise comes with All Inc. Drinks for 4 of us, we have two staterooms. Can my boys (13 and 15) get speciality teas and coffees as I read somewhere that All Inc. for kids turns into Soda package. My eldest won't drink soda but loves good coffee. Do I have to get the coffee card for them?

I would love the benefit of your expertise. Our Jewel of the Seas cruise comes with All Inc. Drinks for 4 of us, we have two staterooms. Can my boys (13 and 15) get speciality teas and coffees as I read somewhere that All Inc. for kids turns into Soda package. My eldest won't drink soda but loves good coffee. Do I have to get the coffee card for them?

I am not familiar with drinks packages being included. Is this from a UK booking, or is it from a TA that you are getting this? If they get refreshment (or could be upgraded to it), then coffee is included, as is pretty much any non-alcoholic drink.

It depends which non-alcoholic package they have. The soda package does not include coffee but the "Refreshment" package includes all non-alcoholic drinks, including coffee, fresh squeezed OJ, soda, and even smoothies!!:hearteyes: Does not include Starbucks counter (if the ship has this) but they can get specialty coffee at the ship's cafe.

Edited by SilkySal
add

Where are you sailing from ?

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/cruise-deals/terms-and-conditions/#one-big-sale/

Shows that only guests 1 + 2 (you & your other half) would get any drinks package

Guests 3 + 4 don't get ANY sort of drinks package (unless you are sailing from Caribbean, Bermuda, Bahamas - in which case they will get the refreshment package, which will include coffee, tea, other soft drinks)

If the boys only have the soda package, you would need either the coffee card or the Refreshment package.

Edited by Host Clarea

We just got off Freedom yesterday. My kids are 21, 19 and 16 and I bought them the resfreshment package. Next time, we will get just the soda package and coffee card for coffee drinks which they love. The coffee card was $36 for 15 drinks which was plenty for an 8 night cruise for me.

The soda machines also offer vitamin water as well as tons of soda options. Between that and the free drinks which were water, iced tea and sugar free strawberry kiwi, they really didn't drink enough to warrant the refreshment package price. They did get a lot of coffee drinks, but still would have been cheaper getting the coffee cards.

Thanks for your great replies. We booked in the UK, and I think the deal is guests 1 and 2 per Stateroom are entitled to the package. We have 2 staterooms, one balcony and an inside opposite. As I understand ii, all-Inclusive drinks means the Deluxe Drinks package. It does seem to be a bit of a grey area.

Thanks for your great replies. We booked in the UK, and I think the deal is guests 1 and 2 per Stateroom are entitled to the package. We have 2 staterooms, one balcony and an inside opposite. As I understand ii, all-Inclusive drinks means the Deluxe Drinks package. It does seem to be a bit of a grey area.

It's all in the T&C's

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/cruise-deals/terms-and-conditions/#one-big-sale/

All Inclusive Deluxe Package (First and Second Stateroom Guests Only) [selected sailings and staterooms]

1. The All Inclusive promotion includes the Deluxe Beverage Package for adults when booking any applicable stateroom category on selected European & Transatlantic itineraries, or when booking a Balcony or Suite stateroom category on selected Caribbean itineraries. A Refreshment beverage Package will be applied to guests under the applicable drinking age.

I rang up Iglu who liaised with RC and they have offered something slightly different. We adults get the Deluxe package, but the kids only get the Soda package, not the Refreshment package. So it looks like we'll be buying a coffee card after all.

Definitely wait until you are on board. It’s quite common to be given wrong information by Royals agents. Print and take a copy of the terms and conditions posted above. They are quite clear as to the fact that the kids (as longs as they are the first or second guest) should get the refreshment package.

We just got off Freedom yesterday. My kids are 21, 19 and 16 and I bought them the resfreshment package. Next time, we will get just the soda package and coffee card for coffee drinks which they love. The coffee card was $36 for 15 drinks which was plenty for an 8 night cruise for me.

The soda machines also offer vitamin water as well as tons of soda options. Between that and the free drinks which were water, iced tea and sugar free strawberry kiwi, they really didn't drink enough to warrant the refreshment package price. They did get a lot of coffee drinks, but still would have been cheaper getting the coffee cards.

Those machines (Freestyle) are not on every ship yet.

Thank you, Ourusualbeach, for your expert advice,

I will do as you advise, however, I don't relish starting our holiday challenging the RC staff! The Iglu rep said the RC staff couldn't change the drinks package even if I had wanted to upgrade to Refreshment, and couldn't even give me a price for upgrading (not that I would) so it sounds like the computer has cast the kids' packages in stone!

Thank you, Ourusualbeach, for your expert advice,

I will do as you advise, however, I don't relish starting our holiday challenging the RC staff! The Iglu rep said the RC staff couldn't change the drinks package even if I had wanted to upgrade to Refreshment, and couldn't even give me a price for upgrading (not that I would) so it sounds like the computer has cast the kids' packages in stone!

No challenging necessary but it never hurts to smile and ask politely!:D Enjoy your cruise!:cool: