Applying a discount after booking?

Evilgrin72

I’m not sure why it wasn’t honored. They are going to have a supervisor call me back in 48 hours. By that time the promo will be over and that person probably won’t even know what I’m talking about. I actually had to walk the royal Caribbean rep through the steps I took to get the promo bc she had never heard of it. The first person was going to honor it if I changed rooms. The second person said it was for new bookings only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m not sure why it wasn’t honored. They are going to have a supervisor call me back in 48 hours. By that time the promo will be over and that person probably won’t even know what I’m talking about. I actually had to walk the royal Caribbean rep through the steps I took to get the promo bc she had never heard of it. The first person was going to honor it if I changed rooms. The second person said it was for new bookings only.

So odd. I'll let you know if I have any success and if so, how....

The price today was actually $200 lower than when I booked and with the $200 discount, $400 lower. They did reprice my cruise for today’s rates but they would not honor the additional $200. My cruise isn’t until November. This is the 3rd price drop. I keep saying I’m going to stop booking early. When I first booked a few months ago, I paid $999 per person for a balcony. As of today, they are $548 per person for my same category.

This was our second price drop (or, at least, that I've noticed). Whenever I get a promotional e-mail from RCCL, I would do a mock booking and see what our cruise priced out at. Fortunately, having my booking through a travel agency, I've been able to have them make the phone call to RCCL for the price difference. I was on hold a couple times, but all told, it was probably 15 minutes on the phone. Our cabins started out at around $7,500 a piece when we booked on board a previous cruise and we're now at about $5,500.

This was our second price drop (or, at least, that I've noticed). Whenever I get a promotional e-mail from RCCL, I would do a mock booking and see what our cruise priced out at. Fortunately, having my booking through a travel agency, I've been able to have them make the phone call to RCCL for the price difference. I was on hold a couple times, but all told, it was probably 15 minutes on the phone. Our cabins started out at around $7,500 a piece when we booked on board a previous cruise and we're now at about $5,500.

So you were able to get the $200 discount applied to your booking?

So you were able to get the $200 discount applied to your booking?

Actually, I don't know if I got the $200, to be honest? I was happy to get the lower cabin cost that I forgot to ask about the $200 discount code as well. Sounds like from what others are saying, we wouldn't have been able to get that.

Received an e-mail from RCCL today saying : "You’re in luck — offer code enclosed for your Southern Caribbean sailing." I booked a Southern itinerary on Freedom late last week out of San Juan on Freedom (October sailing) and apparently, now they're offering a $200 discount on San Juan departures. I paid the deposit last week and booked directly through RCCL's website.

Thanks for the "headsup!" I just rec'd a savings of 58

The offer appears to include the discounts I already applied, but also an additional $200 using code "SAVEMORE." I don't see anywhere to apply this code, unsurprisingly, to the existing booking - is there a way to get this knocked off my balance due, or I am I kidding myself?

Thanks for the "heads-up!" I just called my TA and rec'd a 537 dollar savings on our JS on Freedom in Oct. And I thought I had gotten a pretty good price on it already but was willing to splurge a little for our milestone birthday celebration. Hope everyone else does as well as we did and Happy Cruising!

Thanks for the "heads-up!" I just called my TA and rec'd a 537 dollar savings on our JS on Freedom in Oct. And I thought I had gotten a pretty good price on it already but was willing to splurge a little for our milestone birthday celebration. Hope everyone else does as well as we did and Happy Cruising!

So to clarify, you got the $200 discount applied to an existing booking right?

I had no luck. Called and got right through to a rep, no hold, so I thought I was on my way. Explained the situation and told the rep (Bethany) that I wanted to re-price my cruise. I gave her my reservation #, she typed a bunch of stuff and told me she came up with the same price I paid. I explained the discounts I already had applied and told her I did a mock booking this morning for this sailing and got a bottom line price $200 lower than the final price I booked at. She typed a bunch more stuff and then told me that her system kept dropping the "SAVEMORE" promo code because it only applies to booking made between 2/22 and 3/7. My booking was made on 2/21. I asked her if that meant that if I had booked 9 hours later, I'd be entitled to a $200 discount, but as it stands I am not - she replied "yes, that's correct."

Am I getting hosed here or does this sound right to you guys?

I had no luck. Called and got right through to a rep, no hold, so I thought I was on my way. Explained the situation and told the rep (Bethany) that I wanted to re-price my cruise. I gave her my reservation #, she typed a bunch of stuff and told me she came up with the same price I paid. I explained the discounts I already had applied and told her I did a mock booking this morning for this sailing and got a bottom line price $200 lower than the final price I booked at. She typed a bunch more stuff and then told me that her system kept dropping the "SAVEMORE" promo code because it only applies to booking made between 2/22 and 3/7. My booking was made on 2/21. I asked her if that meant that if I had booked 9 hours later, I'd be entitled to a $200 discount, but as it stands I am not - she replied "yes, that's correct."

Am I getting hosed here or does this sound right to you guys?

I think you're unlucky, maybe not 'hosed'. There are usually applicable dates on sales and discounts - you just happened to fall just outside of that range, unfortunately.

I don't think you are getting hosed (any more than usual with Royal), it's fairly typical to have date ranges for promos.

OK, I'll just let it die then. It seemed awfully convenient that my booking was made the day before it went into effect (also, the date range she gave me varied wildly from what's on the promo e-mail) so I wasn't sure if I was getting the run-around because they don't want to discount me further.

If I canceled and re-booked, I'd get the $200 off but would get charged $200 in fees to change my reservation since my deposit was non-refundable. If I had booked at the refundable deposit rate initially, the total cost of the cruise would have been about $200 higher. Just a shame I booked the day I saw the initial price drop instead of waiting one more day, it would have gone from a good deal to a great one.

OK, I'll just let it die then. It seemed awfully convenient that my booking was made the day before it went into effect (also, the date range she gave me varied wildly from what's on the promo e-mail) so I wasn't sure if I was getting the run-around because they don't want to discount me further.

If I canceled and re-booked, I'd get the $200 off but would get charged $200 in fees to change my reservation since my deposit was non-refundable. If I had booked at the refundable deposit rate initially, the total cost of the cruise would have been about $200 higher. Just a shame I booked the day I saw the initial price drop instead of waiting one more day, it would have gone from a good deal to a great one.

Yep, that non-refundable deposit has changed the price drop calculations a bit, and not in our favor.

I think the thing that annoys me is that the e-mail title said "You're in luck - offer code enclosed for your sailing." How am I "in luck?" Hey, you're in luck - here's an a offer code for your sailing that you cant use. But lucky you, you can see what you would have been able to save had you procrastinated one more day!

I think the thing that annoys me is that the e-mail title said "You're in luck - offer code enclosed for your sailing." How am I "in luck?" Hey, you're in luck - here's an a offer code for your sailing that you cant use. But lucky you, you can see what you would have been able to save had you procrastinated one more day!

I can't tell you how many erroneous, non-applicable emails I've gotten from Royal. Sometimes telling me of a great deal on excursions on a cruise I don't even have booked. Unfortunately, they have some problems selecting the appropriate recipients for their email blasts.

I booked my Sept 2018 B2B cruise (JS) on Freedom June 2017 and as of yesterday when I called to reprice I've saved $800 on one leg and $600 on the other leg.....I'm happy with this reduction...the only big difference is I went from refundable to non-refundable....no worries for me doing that...my air is booked and only death would keep me from going...Maybe not even that :D:D

So to clarify, you got the $200 discount applied to an existing booking right?

I checked the RCCL website as well as the “big box store” that we booked through to check the price. So I called the BB site and said it looked like there was a decrease in our JS cabin, so after she checked it all out with RCCL, I was given a new price and rec’d an email within 2 minutes of the change. The change was more than 200pp as the total difference was 587 less (I figured in the 50 less that we will now receive in a gift card from the BB store)...thus a 537 savings:) Oh, and I booked this cruise months ago.

Edited by ptf2009
add more info

The ocean view cabins on my May 25 Adventure of the Seas cruise are now less expensive than the interior. Is that common? My interior is still $250 less than the current price on either (with a $50 OBC) but I'd rather have an ocean view if possible. Any way to switch that since my interior is apparently more expensive now?

The ocean view cabins on my May 25 Adventure of the Seas cruise are now less expensive than the interior. Is that common? My interior is still $250 less than the current price on either (with a $50 OBC) but I'd rather have an ocean view if possible. Any way to switch that since my interior is apparently more expensive now?

You can switch anytime you want, but it makes no difference what the price of your stateroom is now. You would have to pay the difference between what you have paid and the current price of the OV stateroom.

You can switch anythime you want, but it makes no difference what the price of your stateroom is now. You would have to pay the difference between what you paid and the current price of the OV stateroom.

Why would the interior right beside of mine be more expensive than an ocean view?

Why would the interior right beside of mine be more expensive than an ocean view?

It's not uncommon, the computer runs some pricing algorithm based on supply and demand and other factors. There are probably very few of those inside staterooms left.

Wow, thank you to everyone who spent the day tying to work this out. My cruise is refundable, so I will see if I can call and get the $200 by “rebooking.” The current price listed (without the $200 savings) is $7 cheaper than my rate with OBC taken into account, so I’d get $207 back...maybe.

I’ll report back.