On Board Discount for Murano on Silhouette

welovetahiti

I'm thinking of dining at Murano for the last night of our 4/1/18 Silhouette sailing, but want to take advantage of any discounts once I am on board. I have read that perhaps a 50% discount might be offered for Murano on the first night. In the 18 cruises I've enjoyed, the MDR has usually been very good, but since this is an anniversary trip, it would be nice to enjoy an elegant and special dinner. I will be in Aqua class (first time!) and would like to know if this is something the concierge might arrange for me. Which specialty restaurants have you found to be discounted and which nights during a seven day cruise?

Just got off the Silhouette. Murano is really special as we dined there 3 times. We got 30% off on the first night for all restaurants but we paid full price afterwards to dine in Murano. I would suggest heading to Murano when you arrive to make your reservation. I tried getting discounts after the first night but no luck. Probably related to supply and demand...

I read on another thread about restaurants not offering discounts after the first night. My next cruise is in eight weeks, but I purchased the three pack, as we have tons of OBC. It will be interesting to see what others have to say about this...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My only comment would be to compare the 3 night price to the 4 night price. I think the increase is something like $16. Wouldn’t you eat in Murano (or other) for $16?

It’s the best deal.

If you get the 4 night package, it’s about as good a deal as you are likely to find, it’s about $30 a dinner. Onboard discounts may or may not happen, but except for bogos you aren’t likely to dine any cheaper.

(And bogos sometimes only happen on the first night, and sometimes only to certain cabins like Aqua)

We have just purchased an 8 meal package for our cruise on Silhouette in Sep . Hearing from people that deals once on board are not happening

Also you cannot choose which restaurant you want to eat in on 1st night on board if you buy a package before you sail . It is. Assigned to you .

Also you cannot choose which restaurant you want to eat in on 1st night on board if you buy a package before you sail . It is. Assigned to you .

But you can change the reservation for the first night. I did.

No longer true. You will pick a time and day 1 or 2 but that is because the computer system needs that to process the package booking. Once on the ship you can pick your restaurants, dates & times.

My only comment would be to compare the 3 night price to the 4 night price. I think the increase is something like $16. Wouldn’t you eat in Murano (or other) for $16?

It’s the best deal.

If you get the 4 night package, it’s about as good a deal as you are likely to find, it’s about $30 a dinner. Onboard discounts may or may not happen, but except for bogos you aren’t likely to dine any cheaper.

(And bogos sometimes only happen on the first night, and sometimes only to certain cabins like Aqua)

I purchased the three night due to having Luminae as my restaurant; however, you are totally correct that other packages are cheaper...actually, I just wanted two nights, but again the price was better if we purchased three, so that was our logic and what was best for us.

All of our situations are different, depending on personal wants and needs, along with the ship. We are on Reflection and love their Chateaubriand, along with excellent service for two of our nights. We will chose a different restaurant for our third choice...

Edited by Lastdance

I would strongly advise you to pre book Murano especially for the last night of the cruise. Since the start of the discounted packages there have been fewer discounts offered onboard especially in Murano. This is our favourite and we always book for the last night as part of whatever package we have chosen. On our last cruise on Eclipse last month we bought a 10 night package online and as soon as we boarded went to book our preferred times in the different restaurants and the only time left in Murano on the last night was 8.45 pm. On other cruises Murano was full on the last night too.

Tuscan had some empty tables and Qsine was almost empty on the night we went and their waiters were always outside MDR offering deals but Murano was fully booked on the six nights we dined there.

No longer true. You will pick a time and day 1 or 2 but that is because the computer system needs that to process the package booking. Once on the ship you can pick your restaurants, dates & times.

That’s good. Just booked package last week. It only gave me option of 1st night though . So once on board will they tell me where they have “ put” us for that night and if we are not happy with their choice we can change it if there is availability else where ?

I would strongly advise you to pre book Murano especially for the last night of the cruise. Since the start of the discounted packages there have been fewer discounts offered onboard especially in Murano. This is our favourite and we always book for the last night as part of whatever package we have chosen. On our last cruise on Eclipse last month we bought a 10 night package online and as soon as we boarded went to book our preferred times in the different restaurants and the only time left in Murano on the last night was 8.45 pm. On other cruises Murano was full on the last night too.

Tuscan had some empty tables and Qsine was almost empty on the night we went and their waiters were always outside MDR offering deals but Murano was fully booked on the six nights we dined there.

We gave just booked an 8 day package. Are you saying then that we can go back into our booking and book a time for Murano on the last night onboard? I thought you couldn’t book actual venues and tines until you were on board ?

We gave just booked an 8 day package. Are you saying then that we can go back into our booking and book a time for Murano on the last night onboard? I thought you couldn’t book actual venues and tines until you were on board ?

I think the poster was referring to the ability to make a single specialty restaurant booking -outside the package - on a particular night.

I was referring to the original post which looked like they only wanted the last night in Murano. I think that a single booking can be booked online for a specific time and date but not a booking under the package. When you board find the person selling specialty dining , usually close by, and book all your restaurants. If later on you decide you want to change some of your bookings you can do this with the Maitre D at any of the restaurants.

I was referring to the original post which looked like they only wanted the last night in Murano. I think that a single booking can be booked online for a specific time and date but not a booking under the package. When you board find the person selling specialty dining , usually close by, and book all your restaurants. If later on you decide you want to change some of your bookings you can do this with the Maitre D at any of the restaurants.

Ah. So sorry. Thank you so much for the info xx