Outsmarted class system

Mopsymillar

Thank you for a reasoned reply. I think I'm going to leave this group, the sarcasm and put downs are not very welcoming.

I'm looking forward to my cruise tho because I'm sure the nice people are in the majority just like you.. thanks again

Unfortunately, it's pretty prevalent. That's the reason there are so many lurkers.

Bottom line- enjoy your cruise on Celebrity. It really is a wonderful cruiseline.Bon voyage!

Edited by Cruisenouvelle
Sp

Would take one character deletion and three character additions to get from outdated to outsmarted - too much to assume an accidental misspelling.

Some auto correct programmes can make massive changes based on your previous language use. As I typed outdated when I got to outd my autocorrect suggested "outrageous"

Its unfortunate that there isnt a serious discussion about Celebrity's move to segregation of dining and other venues.

Had the original poster phrased this issue more appropriately , perhaps this would have happened.

As it is, this has turned into a big joke.

I dont even know what the Title of this Thread means.

Its unfortunate that there isnt a serious discussion about Celebrity's move to segregation of dining and other venues.

Had the original poster phrased this issue more appropriately , perhaps this would have happened.

As it is, this has turned into a big joke.

I dont even know what the Title of this Thread means.

It's not just Celebrity. Alot if not most of the lines do it. Personally I prefer it. I like being able to pay a little more for a unique experience. If we were all sailing coach I wouldn't bother cruising. That's how I shop my cruises. The best deal for the most upgrades.

I did not write outsmarted - it was outdated that was changed as it posted.

Btw, I'm not English!

Upon reading your initial post, I assumed you’d had an autocorrect issue. Happens to me all the time:).

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. I assure you that most people you’ll encounter aboard your ship will be very pleasant. Cheers!

It's not just Celebrity. Alot if not most of the lines do it. Personally I prefer it. I like being able to pay a little more for a unique experience. If we were all sailing coach I wouldn't bother cruising. That's how I shop my cruises. The best deal for the most upgrades.

Just want more conversation about the real differences for what you pay and there are many.

We are noticing more and more that, Celebrity's basic cruises ( balcony and lower) are not at all comparable to the experiences of those in Suites and higher. Even though prices for the basics have really gone up but not quality of product.

So the question becomes, what can I find that is on the Suite level but not the suite price. That has us turning to other cruise lines.

Just want more conversation about the real differences for what you pay and there are many.

We are noticing more and more that, Celebrity's basic cruises ( balcony and lower) are not at all comparable to the experiences of those in Suites and higher. Even though prices for the basics have really gone up but not quality of product.

So the question becomes, what can I find that is on the Suite level but not the suite price. That has us turning to other cruise lines.

Since there are no cruise lines that offers the Suite experience at Basic prices, we're more than happy to pay the price required for the Suite experience.

UK post newbie? Oh, I forgot that "newbie" is a class that one assumes to be a poster without a lot of posts...no intended meaning except somewhat factual. this may give information about thread or not.

Regardless of anything posted on this thread, you should have a great time if you choose...enjoy!

Perhaps it's the way the English spell "outdated".?

Well it's true there are a few differences between English and the American interpretation of English. However I'm surprised you couldn't understand the thread title was an autocorrect issue.

I'll let someone else point out your bad grammar though. ;) :D :p

Well it's true there are a few differences between English and the American interpretation of English. However I'm surprised you couldn't understand the thread title was an autocorrect issue.

I'll let someone else point out your bad grammar though. ;) :D :p

I'll let someone else point out your lack of a sense of humor.

Can't judge a book by it's cover. Some don't see the added value in paying for higher classes & just choose not to. Wealth has nothing to do with it. Often the wealthiest people are the cheapest anyway. We've been Aqua before but this time see more value in having 2 balconies for a family of 4 than squeezing into one Aqua class just to get a few extra perks. Would rather have more space, and don't give a %@$% what anyone else on board thinks.

Those that think they are higher class people due to paying more for a higher class room are so stinkin' wrong it's hilarious. And ridiculous. We enjoyed Blu, but honestly, I'm not a spa person, and we didn't even like the afternoon tapas they brought. So to me it's not worth a vast difference in cost just for Blu. And no, I didn't feel any *more* special being Aqua than I have on any other cruise, any other line, any other category. It's all the same. They treat all guests the same.

Those that think they are higher class people due to paying more for a higher class room are so stinkin' wrong it's hilarious. And ridiculous. We enjoyed Blu, but honestly, I'm not a spa person, and we didn't even like the afternoon tapas they brought. So to me it's not worth a vast difference in cost just for Blu. And no, I didn't feel any *more* special being Aqua than I have on any other cruise, any other line, any other category. It's all the same. They treat all guests the same.

The afternoon canapes are a joke. If anyone is receiving these onboard now, please post pictures to show the world how amazingly bad they are.

Tip, ask to have them changes for a shrimp or cheese plate assuming you like those items.

Can't judge a book by it's cover. Some don't see the added value in paying for higher classes & just choose not to. Wealth has nothing to do with it. Often the wealthiest people are the cheapest anyway. We've been Aqua before but this time see more value in having 2 balconies for a family of 4 than squeezing into one Aqua class just to get a few extra perks. Would rather have more space, and don't give a %@$% what anyone else on board thinks.

Just to let people know, 4 people are not permitted in an Aqua class cabin. They only allow 2 passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's the problem that I see over and over again with these ridiculous "class/elitism" threads. When used as a noun, the word class has 2 different definitions

noun

a set or category of things having some property or attribute in common and differentiated from others by kind, type, or quality.
    "the accommodations were good for a hotel of this class"
    synonyms:category, grade, rating, classification, group, grouping More

[*]2.

the system of ordering a society in which people are divided into sets based on perceived social or economic status.

"people who are socially disenfranchised by class"

synonyms:social division, social stratum, rank, level, echelon, group, grouping, income group

Too many people seem to confuse or equate one for the other. They would be wrong. And that, IMO, is the fallacy that these silly threads seem to be based on.

The current cruiseline categories have nothing to do with social status or rank. It's simply price based. No matter where you are (or think you are) on the social ladder, your cabin category or loyalty status is solely determined by how much and how often you're willing to spend on your ship board accommodations.

Rant over.

The current cruiseline categories have nothing to do with social status or rank. It's simply price based. No matter where you are (or think you are) on the social ladder, your cabin category or loyalty status is solely determined by how much and how often you're willing to spend on your ship board accommodations.

Rant over.

That's fine in theory, but in reality, those lower on the social ladder normally don't have the same financial resources as those on the higher rungs of the ladder and are not going to occupy the same categories of cabin. How much you are willing to spend and how much you are able to spend are two very different things.

Here's the problem that I see over and over again with these ridiculous "class/elitism" threads. When used as a noun, the word class has 2 different definitions

Too many people seem to confuse or equate one for the other. They would be wrong. And that, IMO, is the fallacy that these silly threads seem to be based on.

Rant over.

The 'class' related threads that have popped up in recent times have very little to do with wealth or class. There are exceptions to every rule, but here on cruise critic there are those that understand that you get what you pay for and other who want what others have without paying for it.

That's fine in theory, but in reality, those lower on the social ladder normally don't have the same financial resources as those on the higher rungs of the ladder and are not going to occupy the same categories of cabin. How much you are willing to spend and how much you are able to spend are two very different things.

Then I do not understand what your interpretation of "willing to spend" is. How can you be willing to spend a certain amount if you are not able to?

Are you saying that I can somehow be willing to spend a million dollars in a top suite on a world cruises even though I only have 10 grand available to spend? If that is the case then it would seem you are confusing willing with desiring.