Last day on ship... what is there to do if you get off at last call

tcs1366

I live in FL so there is no flight to catch, and I hate the hurry and wait to get off the ship.

We have decided to stay on as long as we can and get off at last call.

what is there to do? I imagine that the Buffet for breakfast only last so long... aside from breakfast, can we just hang out on the upper decks?

TIA,

We were in no hurry on our last cruise out of Jacksonville. We had a leisurely breakfast in the MDR till 9 and told our waiter and the hostess goodbye. We headed up top for a little while then just hung out in the theater as that was our location if you wanted to be last call. Since we were in port, I turned on my phone and caught up in the quietness. I do know they want you in your area so they can manage you.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Forums mobile app

cry.

well we were thrown off several years ago, because we stayed so late. you are out of your cabin, and you are asked to wait in certain areas. you could of course choose to take your own luggage off and just get in your car and go home. the bars are not open, the restaurants are closed, there are no planned activities-they want you off, and on your way home, so that the next bunch of vacationers can come on. bring a book, it's a long sad wait.

thx for the input. Hopefully the MDR will be open and we can have a good breakfast before we start the trek home. Weather next week does not look too good anyways... sort of a bummer. It's only a 4 day to the Bahamas, but I dont have to cook or clean for 4 days - so it's perfect.

Request last departure color codes/numbers. Last call will be shown as 10:30 on Funtimes departure sheet...but many times the ship will empty before then ....Once the CD gives final call...you must get off. I would have a leisurely breakfast in Lido buffet...eat outside and enjoy the sites and other ships docked. Walk the deck and stay out of staffs way...they won't care. Eventually meander downstairs to disembark. Again...I find as long as you are not impeding anything....they won't bother you until all passengers must be off ship

what is there to do? I imagine that the Buffet for breakfast only last so long... aside from breakfast, can we just hang out on the upper decks?

Yes, just hang out on deck. That is exactly what we did. I found it interesting to watch all the activity in port.

There won't be any food or drink available after you finish breakfast, nor will there be any activity except for incessant departure announcements over the loudspeaker. Being out on deck helps with the noise.

Yes, just hang out on deck. That is exactly what we did. I found it interesting to watch all the activity in port.

There won't be any food or drink available after you finish breakfast, nor will there be any activity except for incessant departure announcements over the loudspeaker. Being out on deck helps with the noise.

Agreed. We find it kind of sad to hang out on the ship with most people gone and knowing we are next

Please, just get off the ship in a timely manner.

As every cruiser knows, sometimes embarkation starts early, which is great as you are excited to board and start your vacation.

Then sometimes it doesn't , and you look at your watch and wonder, what is the holdup, this is taking forever.

The holdup is the ship hasn't cleared. Your vacation is over, please disembark, so the next cruise can start.

Thank You

Your vacation is over, please disembark, so the next cruise can start.

Hanging out on a cruise ship before departure is only marginally better than hanging out at your airport gate waiting for a flight.

Still, as long as people are waiting in line to get off the ship, there is no need to be in the line with them. I totally understand the benefit of waiting until the lines are gone before going.

Same with the tender lines going into port... unless you have an early excursion, why wait in line? It's less stressful to go when there is no line.

My elderly (and slow moving!) Mom and I did this on our last cruise and it was wonderful! It was on RCCL. We got the latest call luggage tickets and did the usual ousting of the luggage the night before. After a nice leisurely breakfast in the MDR we went to the game room with our travel scrabble ! Not the most exciting, but we got in a full game-she beat me, Drats! We went down at last call with no crowds which made Mom happy...she could walk slowly with her cane and no one cared. We went out to get our luggage and it was so easy to spot because it was practically all that was left. Hopped in the car by 9:45ish and drove home...very easy and stress free!

We will probably do something similar - sounds like we are on the same cruise as you, Liberty, departing Sunday.

As long as there is a short line when we get down below to disembark, we aren't causing the ship to be emptied any slower, so we will have a leisurely breakfast and enjoy one last Bloody Mary. According to Carnival there should be bars open:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1369/~/preparing-for-debarkation-day

• Bar service is open at the main pool area and a designated bar on the Promenade Deck.

Please, just get off the ship in a timely manner.

As every cruiser knows, sometimes embarkation starts early, which is great as you are excited to board and start your vacation.

Then sometimes it doesn't , and you look at your watch and wonder, what is the holdup, this is taking forever.

The holdup is the ship hasn't cleared. Your vacation is over, please disembark, so the next cruise can start.

Thank You

As long as they leave at last call they are not holding anything up. We always seem to end up with one of the last zone departures and it is usually lumped with last call. OP asked about what there will be to do until last call, not trying to overstay.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

All you would be doing is holding up those waiting to board for their cruise. They cannot board the new passengers until ALL of the previous passengers have left the ship. And if the new passengers are anything like me, they're anxious to get their cruise started ASAP. So please keep this in mind while you're still lingering onboard.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

All you would be doing is holding up those waiting to board for their cruise. They cannot board the new passengers until ALL of the previous passengers have left the ship. And if the new passengers are anything like me, they're anxious to get their cruise started ASAP. So please keep this in mind while you're still lingering onboard.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

As already covered, the OP isn't suggesting staying on after everyone else has left, delaying the next round of passengers. But someone has to be last off the ship, and if you are in that last 10%, then it impacts no-one else - if anything, everyone else gets off the ship quicker, which most people seem to want.

As long as the lines to get out do not drop to zero while other passengers are still on board, then maximum debarkment rate is achieved. Which grain of sand you are in that hourglass doesn't matter to the hourglass...

Some of the comments from the perspective of passengers waiting to get on are comical. I literally cannot believe this. Last disembarkation time on most ships is 10:30...Check it out when its YOUR time to disembark. Yes you need to be out of your cabin earlier and yes its possible the ship could empty faster. But regardless you will get a last call from CD. For those waiting to board....your not going to get on any earlier. Wow!!

We’re also from FL and no rush to get off but you have to be out of your cabin by 8:30am. We have breakfast in the MDR, get our luggage and head up to the buffet to wait. We just grab a table and hang out until our zone is called. Breakfast is over before last call so get anything you want before they put it all away because once it’s gone you get nothing! We were there when they brought out the spread for lunch but it was all covered up so you couldn’t get anything which was fine with us but just FYI.

There really isn’t anything to do and even with a higher zone # there is still a long line to leave.

Edited by DebbieMo

We will probably do something similar - sounds like we are on the same cruise as you, Liberty, departing Sunday.

As long as there is a short line when we get down below to disembark, we aren't causing the ship to be emptied any slower, so we will have a leisurely breakfast and enjoy one last Bloody Mary. According to Carnival there should be bars open:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1369/~/preparing-for-debarkation-day

I don’t remember any bars being open. I thought your account was closed out by morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be sure to get anything you want to eat or drink as they do shut the buffet and beverage stations down long before the last call.

We usually have a high debarkation number so we are some of the last off the ship. We vacate our room on time so our steward can start cleaning the room but we linger over our last breakfast. We enjoy watching the unloading and loading of supplies at the port. We also like to lounge out by the pool one last time before stepping back into the real world. Another advantage is the luggage area is pretty much cleared out so it is easy to find your luggage. We use a shuttle to get to the port so these are also not as crowded going back to the parking lot and they are running frequently as the new incoming passenger are starting to arrive.

It is really hard to leave but then I think of a whole waiting area of new passengers eager to start their wonderful cruise vacation and I leave when my number is called. Enjoy you cruise and savor every minute you can!

MDR will be open, but I've always found it to be a bit "rushed" compared to the rest of the week - they also might not have as many pastry choices, etc.

No more room service the day you depart either. I remember the MDR being a limited version too? Might have been NCL cant recall now

We have stayed onboard and written our Christmas Cards and also Thank You notes for wedding gifts. On both occasions we went to the buffet and sat a t a table until everyone needed to leave.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

MDR menu was full menu on Victory. Out of room around 745. We go for a nice sit down breakfast. Usually done by 845. If no lines, we walk off. If lines or delays we go sit on lido deck for 15-30 mins and wait for congestion to ease and walk right off. No rushing, no herding. No standing in lines. But nothing else on ship to do so no desire to ride it out to bitter end either.

Our last two cruise were over Thanksgiving so we were in a hurry to get off but so was everyone else so it took awhile, next cruise we will wait to the last call. We will have a MDR breakfast and then enjoy people and port watching while my wife and daughter get caught up on social media.