Parking at port (Bayonne)

goingplaces1132

As mentioned it is very easy. With the new parking garage, luggage drop off can be done in a few minutes right in front of the terminal and the parking garage is literally the building next door. Very convenient and as indicated about two minutes from car to terminal. This has become one of the easiest departure and arrival ports as a result IMO. (The other being Baltimore, Md).

As mentioned it is very easy. With the new parking garage, luggage drop off can be done in a few minutes right in front of the terminal and the parking garage is literally the building next door. Very convenient and as indicated about two minutes from car to terminal. This has become one of the easiest departure and arrival ports as a result IMO. (The other being Baltimore, Md).

Absolutely agree, pull up drop your companion and luggage and you will be back in less than 5 minutes. We parked in handicapped spot and it was only a couple hundred feet from the entrance to the terminal.

We took the Summit out of Bayonne in 2016, we used parkway parking reserved on line and then it was $2/3.00 less a day and they have a shuttle back and forth it like 5 min ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, you collect your luggage. You can leave a member of your party with your luggage at the curb while you retrieve your car. If you have easy to manage luggage you can take it with you. As you walk to the garage you’ll see payment machines. If you left passengers at the curb you circle around to pick them up

You can drop off your passenger and luggage and proceed to the parking garage. You get a ticket when you enter the garage. Often you will see cones placed to indicate that a level is full...park the car, TAKE your ticket, and go to the elevator and head to the terminal (short distance) Check in...board ship and ENJOY!

Upon return to Bayonne...after you clear customs/immigration..one person can go to the garage area. On the Ground level there are machines where you insert your parking ticket. Once paid, you receive a paid ticket...you take the stairs or elevator the level where you parked and when you reach the exit..you insert your paid ticket, the gate lifts and you either go back to the terminal to get a passenger and luggage or you head out of the port area to your destination.

It is a short distance between the terminal and garage...if you luggage has wheels..it could be easier to take luggage with you..Traffic can get a little congested at the terminal so going back to the area could take some time.

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to find this answer, and this thread looks like the best place to ask without starting a new one - if a person is traveling alone, are they able to drop off all of their luggage, and then go park? Or is it like an airport where someone has to stay with the luggage? I'm just trying to figure out how to manage this alone.

Similarly for disembarkation, can I get my car and then collect my luggage? Or do I need to be able to take it all with me to the car?

(Just to confirm, this is for specifically at Cape Liberty/Bayonne.)

I've been trying to find this answer, and this thread looks like the best place to ask without starting a new one - if a person is traveling alone, are they able to drop off all of their luggage, and then go park? Or is it like an airport where someone has to stay with the luggage? I'm just trying to figure out how to manage this alone.

Similarly for disembarkation, can I get my car and then collect my luggage? Or do I need to be able to take it all with me to the car?

(Just to confirm, this is for specifically at Cape Liberty/Bayonne.)

You can drop your luggage with porter and go to garage, come back with your carry on, no problem. The other way around, I can’t say that the porter will stay with your luggage. The garage is within walking distance, if your able just go to the garage with luggage.

Love leaving out of Bayonne! Wish Celebrity would do another sailing from there besides Bermuda.

The parking garage right next door makes it a hassle-free experience.

On our cruise last summer, the porter actually walked our cart right to an area right outside the garage and waited while my husband got our truck and moved down to the first level where he backed up right where the porter was waiting. Packed the car and off we went!

We are parking at the port for the first time. Any suggestions as to drop off/pick up procedures? Can I drop my friend and luggage and then park? How long if walk from parking to building?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is very Easy-Peasy. Nothing to worry about.

We took the Summit out of Bayonne in 2016, we used parkway parking reserved on line and then it was $2/3.00 less a day and they have a shuttle back and forth it like 5 min ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have used them and besides the price it was more convenient for us. We didn’t have to fight the traffic driving into the port, dropping off our luggage and then looking for a parking space and etc. Plus you get dropped off by your vehicle instead of having to transport it to the parking garage after the cruise.

We have also done a stay, park and cruise at hotels in Elizabeth, NJ.

Only drawback is you may have to wait for the shuttle on the way back.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Just an fyi... the East Coast Departures forum has all the info about parking at the pier in Bayonne and more... :D

Parking at the pier is incredibly convenient; personally, I wouldn't park elsewhere over a few $$ a day, YMMV.

Upon disembarkation, I would definitely use a porter... Totally worth the tip!