Deck 8 Evening Buffet Open.

ISLANDCRUSO

I can try to snap some pics of the buffet either tonight or tomarrow night for you. Is there anything Particular your looking for?

Also for the person that commented about the fullness of the ship, every available room was booked on the ship before sailing. I know because I keep looking because I was waiting for a aurea suite or yacht club to open up [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MOM2 ... It would mean having two lots of buffet food and the cleaning afterwards, easier for them to clean 16 and then it is ready for Breakfast the following morning.

Plus it may be that they will change things back if the ship is at full capacity again like school holidays as it was at Xmas.

The ship IS at full capacity. Onboard now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Intermingling the buffet w the faux MDR for third class passengers isn’t what we have been asking for MSC....

From my memory of MSC and our 6 ships we have sailed on so far in their group, there is no 3rd, 2nd or 1st class system ... :cool:

There is full double occupancy and full with 3rd and 4th berths booked. Can be a 10% or more variance in guest load. Which full is this?

It is vacation time in the US. Tons of families. Well over 5,000 pax. 3rds and 4ths booked.

After hearing how cramped the MDR is, I am starting to think that eating in the converted market place buffet might not be a bad idea. That and I don’t have far to go if I just want to take a peek at the dinner buffet options! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From my memory of MSC and our 6 ships we have sailed on so far in their group, there is no 3rd, 2nd or 1st class system ... :cool:

Okay will wait for you to volunteer for buffet corner w 10 tables dinner service.

Okay will wait for you to volunteer for buffet corner w 10 tables dinner service.

It is not a class system!! It's a la carte.... The price difference between bella and fantastica is miniscule and the drink coupons basically make up the difference in price!? Everyone has same access to main venues on the ship. And lets not start with YC.....If so...Does RCL and NCL also have class systems????

The price difference between bella and fantastica is miniscule and the drink coupons basically make up the difference in price!?

Hi lcpagejr...just a minor difference in view (from Australian perspective)...the difference from Bella to Fantastica for our 14-night cruise was over AUD300 each difference (over AUD20 per day). Not chump change, particularly as we DON'T (DIDN'T) get any of the drink coupons.

Cheers...

Hi lcpagejr...just a minor difference in view (from Australian perspective)...the difference from Bella to Fantastica for our 14-night cruise was over AUD300 each difference (over AUD20 per day). Not chump change, particularly as we DON'T (DIDN'T) get any of the drink coupons.

Cheers...

Only bookings in the US get the vouchers for a Fantastica booking. :(

It is not a class system!! It's a la carte.... The price difference between bella and fantastica is miniscule and the drink coupons basically make up the difference in price!? Everyone has same access to main venues on the ship. And lets not start with YC.....If so...Does RCL and NCL also have class systems????

First off to sideari, I’m sure they’d let Aurea in if you asked. Since it’s a second rate solution I doubt you would.

Lcp price diff between Bella and fantastica for me is $500. Hardly minuscule.

Royal does not have ship within a ship like MSC YC or NCL Haven so not sure what comparison you are making and on NCL regardless how you book you’re entitled to dinner in MDR. I didn’t even bring up YC you did not sure why or how it is relevant.

MSc is getting closer to right, in my opinion, but this isn’t the solution and I still don’t see either buffet open 20 hours a day as had been prominently advertised for a while

First off to sideari, I’m sure they’d let Aurea in if you asked. Since it’s a second rate solution I doubt you would.

LM ... We asked at Xmas the, answer was no then and will likely be no in April, so yes we would try it out.

There is no way due to the rooms being smaller that everyone can be accommodated in the 2 MDR`s hence the need for a 3rd and that being part of the Marketplace, as has been said already don`t knock until you try it! After all would you not sit in the buffet of an evening if you did not want to go to the MDR ? what is the difference.

I am sure many people will like it. I would, when my DD was 1 year old and DR was too loud and too slow for her. People who eat in buffet any way would, people who don't like to be seated with 10 other strangers at dinner would, people who love to see an ocean during dinner would. Just because you don't like something does not mean no one will.

I am sure many people will like it. I would, when my DD was 1 year old and DR was too loud and too slow for her. People who eat in buffet any way would, people who don't like to be seated with 10 other strangers at dinner would, people who love to see an ocean during dinner would. Just because you don't like something does not mean no one will.

Well put..can’t wait to use buffet for pleasant evening sailaways, enjoying being out side on our own schedule...we go to plenty of nice restaurants during the year, but to eat outside while there is snow on the ground back home is one of our main reasons for cruising 🏝🍺😎

Never said anyone else has to have a similar opinion to me, or that mine was the only right one. But it’s my opinion. Maybe it will change, maybe not. I’m not enthused so far based on the floors and decor. Does not look like an elegant cruise MDR. Looks like the fast casual restaurants you’d go to for a $10 lunch combo, or, go figure, a cruise ship buffet. It’s completely absurd to suggest a “formal” night dining room experience in that environment.

Never said anyone else has to have a similar opinion to me, or that mine was the only right one. But it’s my opinion. Maybe it will change, maybe not. I’m not enthused so far based on the floors and decor. Does not look like an elegant cruise MDR. Looks like the fast casual restaurants you’d go to for a $10 lunch combo, or, go figure, a cruise ship buffet. It’s completely absurd to suggest a “formal” night dining room experience in that environment.

I know your very active on these boards...across many cruiselines.... But have you cruised on the Seaside yet??? You are being very judgemental and negative especially about the Marketplace Restaurant/Buffet area. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...However, I would think you might reserve it until you have had the opportunity to observe first hand. Then your comments will come across with more believability instead of assumptions.

I know your very active on these boards...across many cruiselines.... But have you cruised on the Seaside yet??? You are being very judgemental and negative especially about the Marketplace Restaurant/Buffet area. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...However, I would think you might reserve it until you have had the opportunity to observe first hand. Then your comments will come across with more believability instead of assumptions.

I’m booked w money on the table.

Why are people trying to convince others that a corner of the buffet w tablecloths is equal to the MDR experience?

In fairness after I experience it I’ll report back.

Live in south Florida w 5plus weeks of vacation so always hopping on cruise ships and brand agnostic. Have had 2 very good cruises on Divina

I’m booked w money on the table.

Why are people trying to convince others that a corner of the buffet w tablecloths is equal to the MDR experience?

In fairness after I experience it I’ll report back.

Live in south Florida w 5plus weeks of vacation so always hopping on cruise ships and brand agnostic. Have had 2 very good cruises on Divina

You can opt for a different experience at a higher cost if you are put out by this. It isn’t as though they secretly foist this off on unsuspecting pax.

You can opt for a different experience at a higher cost if you are put out by this. It isn’t as though they secretly foist this off on unsuspecting pax.

This is our first MSC cruise and I fully expected to be eating dinner in a MDR like the other cruise lines I have sailed with. While they weren't secretive about this it certainly wasn't made obvious to many of us either.I will remain neutral until I experience it for myself

This is our first MSC cruise and I fully expected to be eating dinner in a MDR like the other cruise lines I have sailed with. While they weren't secretive about this it certainly wasn't made obvious to many of us either.I will remain neutral until I experience it for myself

There you go!! That is the right way to approach this..... Also I have read Bella passengers being seated in MDR and Fantastica being seated in Marketplace!.. So who knows!