Hawaii RT from L.A. Cruise question

msnat

On the RT from L.A. Hawaii cruise do they have something similar to the competing cruise line that has the Aloha Spirit? with all the Hawaiian stuff on board while at sea? It looks very enticing in their ad video and I haven't seen that Celebrity has it so figured I'd ask in case anyone knows :)

Our Hawaii RT was years ago on Summit

We had a great Hawaii Ambassador on Board who held cultural events daily.. lectures, .lei making, food, hula etc.. Very knowlegeable and informative..Sea days filled with activity or just relax

Hope you have something similar for your cruise...

We had a great Hawaii Ambassador on Board who held cultural events daily.. lectures, .lei making, food, hula etc.. Very knowlegeable and informative..Sea days filled with activity or just relax

We missed my retirement cruise, RT from San Diego, due to my DH being admitted to the hospital in San Diego as we were suppose to cruise. Looking forward to RT from LA in October 2019. We were just talking about the sea days at dinner. The activities you listed look good.

If you go to the "roll calls" for Eclipse sailings and put in the date for this cruise you will be able to connect with the people who are booked on this cruise. it is a great way to meet your fellow passengers and to share information about the cruise and the ports. Just a thought!

We missed my retirement cruise, RT from San Diego, due to my DH being admitted to the hospital in San Diego as we were suppose to cruise. Looking forward to RT from LA in October 2019. We were just talking about the sea days at dinner. The activities you listed look good.

We’re on the same cruise too. We’ve taken quite a few Hawaii cruises. And another one next month. Always so relaxing and filled with island vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also took Summit to Hawaii and it was close to 12 years ago (ouch) but there was emphasis on Hawaii on board.

Lovely cruise.

Keith

Oursp cruise was quite awhile ago too....took hula lessons each day... our class.,performed in the the talent show We were a huge hit !

It was great fun and learned alot about Hawaii culture.

. Also learned much on land excursions..great cultural cruise in addition natural beauty. I suggest a wet suit for snorkeling..the Pacific is NOT the Caribbean!

Curious about the lectures -- was there a variety of topics or all having to do with Hawaiian culture, etc.?

We did this in 2006 on Summit and still remember it as one of my all time favorite cruises. If they still have it, and we saw it twice on both our Hawaii trips, don't miss the evening show that features the kids from the hula school. Just delightful.

Have to say that this cruise had the best evening entertainment of all our cruises.

Here's the link to my review if you are interested. https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=15749

Sue

Edited by shofer

Can I ask an unrelated Hawaii cruise question? We are doing the one way hawaii in Vancouver in April. I have Verizon and I’ve checked and they service on the islands is included. Can anyone who was in that situation comment on whether they had cell service while sailing from island to island? Not sure how far from land you get. I am assuming it will drop out overnight but just curious.

Can I ask an unrelated Hawaii cruise question? We are doing the one way hawaii in Vancouver in April. I have Verizon and I’ve checked and they service on the islands is included. Can anyone who was in that situation comment on whether they had cell service while sailing from island to island? Not sure how far from land you get. I am assuming it will drop out overnight but just curious.

It depends on which island to which island. If the ship gets far enough from land the ship cell tower switches on. Most of the sailing is in the middle of the night and if you are calling the mainland it will REALLY be in the middle of the night (5 hours earlier EST).

It depends on which island to which island. If the ship gets far enough from land the ship cell tower switches on. Most of the sailing is in the middle of the night and if you are calling the mainland it will REALLY be in the middle of the night (5 hours earlier EST).

Not calling the mainland. Just planning on using our cell and data for on board communication, maps, etc. I am just planning on turning all the roaming off so will have access when we are in range.