MSC Seaside ... a few points mid cruise (live)

TrinaLC

" I do not believe the food is as good as other main stream lines. That continued to be a disappointment. But pizza and pasta are the best, back to low carb next week!"

OP... Are you referring to the food in YC not being as good as the main dining rooms on other main cruise lines?

Thank you for your detailed live review. I will be in YC mid April and was hoping the YC restaurant would be equal to a specialty restaurant in quality of food and service.

Also... I need to be in the shade for health reasons but love relaxing in the fresh air... I am planning on bringing a personal sized shade umbrella with sun protection fabric, hopefully that will be ok with the staff.

The staff in the YC pool area will be very accommodating.

As to the YC food, I am coming to the conclusion that it is actually prepared in the MDR kitchen and not better but the waiters guide to better choices. I think this one is worth it’s own thread. The experience is much superior though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As to the YC food, I am coming to the conclusion that it is actually prepared in the MDR kitchen and not better but the waiters guide to better choices. I think this one is worth it’s own thread. The experience is much superior though.

Aren't the menus different? I thought they were.:confused:

Thanks for your insights! My husband and I are trying to settle on either the (YC) Seaview med. cruise or (YC) Divina western med. cruises (5 adults/2 teenage grandsons) for a 2020 cruise to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. I am a ‘foodie’ so I’m keeping an eye on comments pertaining to what the YC offers in that department versus the ships MDR. Sounds like it is pretty similar fare....:0(

So basically the difference in price gives you a ‘little’ bit bigger stateroom/veranda; butler service; your own ‘ship in a ship’ atmosphere...anything else I’ve missed? Hopefully, MSC management will read these blogs and perhaps upgrade their menu/food offerings for the YC’ers. When I cruise, I’d like to be able to look forward to eating wonderful meals that I would normally NEVER prepare at home (don’t have the time)! Everything else in the ‘experience’ can be wonderful but if the food is just blah.....then it becomes a huge letdown.

Both you and your sister have a great time!

Thank you so much Linda! Can’t wait...only two more sleeps and then we will be heading to Miami. Hopefully we will see each other again on MSC. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your insights! My husband and I are trying to settle on either the (YC) Seaview med. cruise or (YC) Divina western med. cruises (5 adults/2 teenage grandsons) for a 2020 cruise to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. I am a ‘foodie’ so I’m keeping an eye on comments pertaining to what the YC offers in that department versus the ships MDR. Sounds like it is pretty similar fare....:0(

So basically the difference in price gives you a ‘little’ bit bigger stateroom/veranda; butler service; your own ‘ship in a ship’ atmosphere...anything else I’ve missed? Hopefully, MSC management will read these blogs and perhaps upgrade their menu/food offerings for the YC’ers. When I cruise, I’d like to be able to look forward to eating wonderful meals that I would normally NEVER prepare at home (don’t have the time)! Everything else in the ‘experience’ can be wonderful but if the food is just blah.....then it becomes a huge letdown.

Here’s wishing you an enjoyable and memory-making cruise!!! Thanks again!!

Aren't the menus different? I thought they were.:confused:

My husband had a terrible, dry flavorless chicken Marsala last night. Someone posted they had the same thing in the MDR. Maybe because it was Italian night.

But I think it is the same kitchen. The waiters are totally stressed though they put on a good face, in very large part I think because the kitchen is so far away. I suspect that is why on Divina the YC restaurant was in the back. These facts are speculation on my part, but if in fact using MDR kitchen and at least some of the dishes would explain food less than stellar. But again the experience overall is very nice.

But the ‘ship within the ship’ is a huge, wonderful difference. Lunch grilled in private area on pool deck, breakfast served there with made to order eggs, smoked salmon, charcuterie etc etc. late afternoon snacks including pizza, salads, mini sandwiches. A huge private lounge with live classical music, huge bar everything free and incredible gracious service. For me, offsets by far the food which is mostly ok, some better. Your waiter can help guide, and maybe do one or two of the specialties specialty restaurants.

The pool area is extremely large, several hottubs, good size pool, great loungers, two dining areas, large bar with roaming Butler service, two exceptionally nice pool attendants. You are pampered.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I am so happy to read that MSC is taking note of some of the previous issues and addressing them and making positive changes. Enjoy the rest of your vacation, cant wait for our turn!

Glad to hear that they must have added more blue coffee cups! During our cruise I only got one for 1 meal the entire week. Every other time we had to settle for those stupid espresso cups.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is the coffee in the blue cups included? or part of a beverage package?

We have the 12 vouchers per person and are not alcohol drinkers so I am wondering what drinks are available at the buffets that you are not charged for. Thank you

Is the coffee in the blue cups included? or part of a beverage package?

We have the 12 vouchers per person and are not alcohol drinkers so I am wondering what drinks are available at the buffets that you are not charged for. Thank you

Coffee, tea, about 6 kinds of juices, ice tea, lemonade, and milk asre included at the buffet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My husband had a terrible, dry flavorless chicken Marsala last night. Someone posted they had the same thing in the MDR. Maybe because it was Italian night.

But I think it is the same kitchen. The waiters are totally stressed though they put on a good face, in very large part I think because the kitchen is so far away. I suspect that is why on Divina the YC restaurant was in the back. These facts are speculation on my part, but if in fact using MDR kitchen and at least some of the dishes would explain food less than stellar. But again the experience overall is very nice.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but the Yacht Club has its own kitchen. Do you honestly think the waiters are going down 10 decks to get food on an elevator and bringing it back up!? The quality of Yacht Club food is not the same as the dining room food. The food is prepared in a small, restaurant sized kitchen, compared to a galley designed to feed 1,000 guests in a single seating. Please, let's not spread false information here also known as "fake news".

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but the Yacht Club has its own kitchen. Do you honestly think the waiters are going down 10 decks to get food on an elevator and bringing it back up!? The quality of Yacht Club food is not the same as the dining room food. The food is prepared in a small, restaurant sized kitchen, compared to a galley designed to feed 1,000 guests in a single seating. Please, let's not spread false information here also known as "fake news".

100% the Yacht Club on Seaside does indeed have its own kitchen......

Please read what I wrote. I said this was pure speculation based on having the exact same awful meal as the MDR, but that it was probably due to Italian night.

Speculation means a guess. Last I looked. And it was the same awful meal, the osso bucco was terrible which is pretty hard to mess up.

I don't think it's the same kitchen but I think the food is largely the same. Osso bucco, New York strip steak, eggo type waffles, etc. Some things are probably an upgrade but most is the same food in YC as main dining room.

I really like the Yacht Club product but would have to say food in NCL Haven restaurant and NCL specialty restaurants better than YC. Not that I went hungry.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I don't think it's the same kitchen but I think the food is largely the same. Osso bucco, New York strip steak, eggo type waffles, etc. Some things are probably an upgrade but most is the same food in YC as main dining room.

I really like the Yacht Club product but would have to say food in NCL Haven restaurant and NCL specialty restaurants better than YC. Not that I went hungry.[emoji6]

Probably true...But I like saving $3-4K for virtually the same experience!! Food difference isn't worth that amount!

Probably true...But I like saving $3-4K for virtually the same experience!! Food difference isn't worth that amount!

Ain't that the truth.

Not for the rest.

Maybe slightly the Haven restaurant, but to compare YC to the specialty restaurants is not tit for tat. 'Cmon. Absurd.

Not so for the Haven lounge versus YC; YC over the top (and it's FREE).

Not so for the pool deck (ooops, Havens is in ground down 30 feet from ocean view).

Not so for the sun deck, where YC is 'both.

Zero for Haven on Pool Grill (YC "nailed" this innovation).

Never been on a cruise where some things didn't work out, but good Lord there is a loud outcry from such a small, di minimis hecklers about some of the most trivial things (sans the sewer issue) is beyond the pale. Getting tired to those who don't like the Yacht Club B&M-ing about just about everything. Solution, JUST DON'T BOOK THE YACHT CLUB. Pretty simple. Enough is enough.

We GET IT. The minute contrarians (to the 5,000 per week passengers) ad nauseam posts re: MSC is terrible, budget line, not American, blah, blah, blah, and, the most innovative and popular new club-within-a-club at sea (and pool grill)(we await the Edge to be fair), the Yacht Club, stinks.

GREAT.

Stay away. :o

Ain't that the truth.

Not for the rest.

Maybe slightly the Haven restaurant, but to compare YC to the specialty restaurants is not tit for tat. 'Cmon. Absurd.

Not so for the pool deck (ooops, Havens is in ground down 30 feet from ocean view).

Never been on a cruise where some things didn't work out, but good Lord there is a loud outcry from such a small, di minimis hecklers about some of the most trivial things (sans the sewer issue) is beyond the pale. Getting tired to those who don't like the Yacht Club B&M-ing about just about everything. Solution, JUST DON'T BOOK THE YACHT CLUB. Pretty simple. Enough is enough.

We GET IT. The minute contrarians (to the 5,000 per week passengers) ad nauseam posts re: MSC is terrible, budget line, not American, blah, blah, blah, and, the most innovative and popular new club-within-a-club at sea (and pool grill)(we await the Edge to be fair), the Yacht Club, stinks.

GREAT.

Exactly! It’s not that I mind reviews that mention the negatives (I don’t). It’s the tenor of certain reviews (à la “I’m sure everyone will agree with me” and “everyone I talked to felt the same way”). Oh, please. I sincerely doubt that a passenger who didn’t enjoy his vacation took the time to question 1/100th of the 5,000 passengers on the same cruise as he was. [emoji849] You didn’t like it, stick to that, don’t book again and MOVE ON. We get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just commenting on the food. I think the YC is definitely better than the Haven. Just not for the food. And it's not absurd to compare the YC restaurant with NCL specialty restaurants because people think that's what you will get with YC and usually you get the restaurant package with NCL Haven.

So YC food is fairly similar to the main dining room but the setting is nicer and service is excellent. Just my opinion but disseminating information is what this forum is about. Like if you are a real foodie thinking about trying the YC, you might want to know this.

Ain't that the truth.

Not for the rest.

GREAT.

Sorry didn't mean to hit a nerve.

Just commenting on the food. I think the YC is definitely better than the Haven. Just not for the food. And it's not absurd to compare the YC restaurant with NCL specialty restaurants because people think that's what you will get with YC and usually you get the restaurant package with NCL Haven.

So YC food is fairly similar to the main dining room but the setting is nicer and service is excellent. Just my opinion but disseminating information is what this forum is about. Like if you are a real foodie thinking about trying the YC, you might want to know this.

So, provide a comparison of the Haven private restaurant to the Seaside specialty restaurants would be 'fair?