Your favorite Princess ship

sjde

Hi,

It is difficult for me to name a favorite Princess ship. I have cruised aboard all nine of the Grand Class ships (Grand, Golden, Star, Caribbean, Sapphire, Diamond, Crown, Emerald and Ruby). Also, I have cruised aboard the Sun, Coral, Royal and Regal (as well as several ships that have been retired from the fleet). I like each of these ships for various reasons.

The Royal and Regal have beautiful public areas and excellent buffets, but I like the promenade deck on the Grand Class. In the Grand Class, I prefer the lobbies on the newer ships (Crown, Emerald and Ruby). However, I prefer the Vista Lounge on the older ships over the Club Fusion on the newer ships. Also, the earlier Grand Class ships have an advantage because they have a lower passenger capacity.

I also liked the Coral and the excellent open decks across the back of the ship.

I most recently cruised aboard the Crown and currently have cruises booked on the Emerald and the Royal.

If I had to name a favorite, I would probably chose the newer Grand Class ships (Crown, Emerald and Ruby).

Chuck

The old Sky Princess from Sitmar because she was my first, and Coral because she is a perfect size for us. Walkable, comfortable cabins, and the best food we have had on any ship and any cruise line in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope your assesment of the Coral holds true, as we are on a 60 nighter on that ship.

Sapphire Princess - she was our first, second and third cruise and helped us complete our goal to visit all 50 US states i.e. Alaska and Hawaii.

She is no longer going to be inaccessible in the Far East as she will be spending the next two summers doing cruises out of Southampton in the UK! What a treat!

Our favourite of the Royal class ships is Majestic Princess and we would love to do a Grand Asia cruise with her.

Sandra

Edited by dides

I hope your assesment of the Coral holds true, as we are on a 60 nighter on that ship.

Oh man! I’m in trouble if it doesn’t!

Truthfully, we both commented on the food being really good. We alternate Princess and RCI, and Coral was a happy surprise.

Oh that would be the Golden for sure, she's not that pretty from the outside though I love the layout of the inside. In reality there's only 1 princess ship that I didn't really like, that was the Sun. 2nd Place for me is the Emerald, It's only 2nd because I didn't like the wheelhouse bar and who in their right mind wants to listen to Christmas carols in a bar?

Oh man! I’m in trouble if it doesn’t!

Truthfully, we both commented on the food being really good. We alternate Princess and RCI, and Coral was a happy surprise.

We have never had a bad Princess cruise. This will also be our first time on the Coral. Been on the sister ship Island Princess a few times. Have plans to do our first balcony dinner on this cruise.

Currently it has to be the Coral. We totally enjoyed the Lotus Pool area. We spent a lot of time, all hours of the day, on our Panama Canal trip. The ship is smaller and backwards layout but still the best. That might change in 3 weeks when we get on the Regal.