Early flight times in Orlando.

CarnieAddict

Anyone know the earliest flight you can book out of Orlando after a cruise? We are booked on the Epic 11 day Jan 12. 2019. Looking at some flights and there is a direct flight that we can take at 11:25 am. Is too early? Thanks.

How are you getting to the airport in Orlando? If you are docking in Port Canaveral, it is a distance of 30 miles or more. Even booking a transfer to the airport from Norwegian might not give you enough time if there is a hang up getting off the ship or if there is a traffic accident along the way.

You must also factor in time to clear TSA at MCO. The Orlando airport can be an absolute madhouse on debarkation day. It's bad enough with just the Disney/Universal customers leaving, now add in the cruise passengers.

Not quite as bad as SJU, but close.

Anyone know the earliest flight you can book out of Orlando after a cruise? We are booked on the Epic 11 day Jan 12. 2019. Looking at some flights and there is a direct flight that we can take at 11:25 am. Is too early? Thanks.

What time is the ship docking?

You must also factor in time to clear TSA at MCO. The Orlando airport can be an absolute madhouse on debarkation day. It's bad enough with just the Disney/Universal customers leaving, now add in the cruise passengers.

Not quite as bad as SJU, but close.

MCO was a test site for using private security and getting rid of TSA. It worked fantastic and they had everything streamlined. When they did away with the program TSA came in and completely redesigned the way everyone gets in line. Personally I think they did it in the way they did intentionally. I have been through there and watched 1 line flow through and dominate getting through while every other line just came to a complete stop because of the stupid way they have every line feed across in the back into 1 line.

We have sailed out of Port Canaveral twice and both times with noon flights and we made it no problem. We sailed Epic last year, took the NCL transfer and we made it to the airport by 10. We didn't do self carry either. If you do self carry off and book other transportation, it would probably be ok to do the 11:25

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

I would not do it. You need to be at the airport by 9:30 and even doing self alk off and being at the beginning of the line that is a stretch.

Not a stretch at all! I did self walk off (twice) and was curb side before 8 and at the airport before 9am without rushing. I was waiting at the gate for over an hour before we started boarding my 11:15am flight.

OP, that’s a perfect flight. Just make sure you’re in line early to get off the ship.

Browsing a couple of cruise line websites, the recommended earliest return flight is 12:50pm for Orlando and 12:00pm for Melbourne.

With that said, I think that 11:25am is doable as long as you don’t procrastinate and get off the ship as early as possible.

Keep in mind though, that if you miss a return flight that is outside of the cruise line’s guidelines, your travel insurance will NOT cover any expenses associated with the missed flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

90% of the time (maybe even higher).... Everything goes as planned. There is a reason many ships are in the Bahamas or have a Sea Day for their last day. Ships in FL usually dock by 6-6:30 sometimes earlier..... Debark begins 7ish.... You shouldn't have any problem. I cruise alot and always book 11am flights out of FL....never a problem. In my opinion the small risk is worth it especially if you have a 3-4 hour window between flights

FYI...I'm cruising out of Miami next week and have a 11:45 am flight leaving from W Palm Beach.... (about an hour drive) Not worried in the least. Done it several times before and even leaving ship leisurely always arrive at that Airport between 9:45-10am

Edited by lcpagejr

We got off the Epic last Wednesday and made an 11:15 flight easily. We walked to deck 7 with our luggage at 7:20 and we were on the shuttle bus by 7:40. We had to wait fir the bus to fill up, but we were on the road by 8:00. Even with traffic, we were at the gate by 9:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums