Boogie and Kashia (the Spontaneous Duo)

boblerm

I hope they are well and recovered. They seem like really nice people. 

I am in the minority here. We attended their show one evening after dinner and didn’t care for it at all, so we did not return. 

We liked the piano player and really liked the variety of music in the Meridian lounge, with various orchestra members. 

Edited by Pudgesmom
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Pudgesmom said:

I hope they are well and recovered. They seem like really nice people. 

I am in the minority here. We attended their show one evening after dinner and didn’t care for it at all, so we did not return. 

We liked the piano player and really liked the variety of music in the Meridian lounge, with various orchestra members. 

We attended both; the orchestra was indeed quite talented, too bad that they didn't quite cater to our music.  On one of the nights on our way to the Meridian lounge, we bumped into David - I recognize you, gigolo! - and I let him know that if the music doesn't improve at the lounge, then I'm gonna request "Black Hole Sun" and we had a good laugh.

I have a bit about Cassia that I'll share in my thread.

Edit: OK, so this thread is about Cassia and Boogie and I didn't share that part.  C'est la vie.

Edited by pnsnkr

On 9/1/2021 at 11:08 AM, boblerm said:

...Ross has not yet heard about which ship his next contract will be on and when.  But he definitely will performing on a Regent ship in the near future.

From my keyboard to Jason's ear:  Splendor in September... Please!

1 hour ago, daetchief said:

From my keyboard to Jason's ear:  Splendor in September... Please!

daetchief, the post that you referenced is from September, 2021. I'm pretty sure that Ross is presently on Mariner, I don't know how far in advance the entertainment staff gets their contracts. 

In fact, this thread was started in March, 2018, I'm not sure how it got resurrected here, but I am very embarrassed to have misspelled Kasia's name. 😮

• Haha 1

When on Mariner in December/January, there was ample time to listen to and then speak with Ross.  Not sure <also> the specifics of his contract or follow-on desires, but I couldn't help than to "Put it Out There" and maybe he'll be there in September. {Isn't that a song lyric?}

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know it's been a very long while since this thread has been terminated, but was wondering if anyone had any information on the whereabouts of Kashia and Boogie?  We will be on the Splendor in March, 2024 so hoping they will be there.  Last time we saw them was on the Navigator in 2022.

I LOVE BOOGIE & KASIA! I am their biggest fan 🥰. Just finished reading all the complaints about non-functioning toilets on Mariner, but I would book Mariner again if I was sure they’d be on board. (I loved my Nov 2022 LA to Lima cruise on Mariner- in spite of a few hiccups).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Boogie & Kashia getting us into the Christmas spirit at the Dance Party on Mariner tonight

4B4B5A60-4E85-4AF0-A9C5-979847497FA5.thumb.jpeg.82f477b885024436f7dbab20ac83b396.jpeg

Thanks for this! I love them! I want to be a “groupie” and follow them around the world… I don’t care what the itinerary is if Boogie & Kashia are playing in Stars Lounge on Mariner!

• Haha 1

Everyone has different tastes but I am one of those that truly can not stand these two. In the lounge every night at 6:00 p.m. while the lounge is crowded and everyone is enjoying chatting and meeting people, these two start in and she is just plain screeching into the mike.  We even asked the GM to have the sound techs lower the volume on the speakers but they never did. 

To get a drink at the bar you had to almost scream at the bartender. Conversations were either screaming to be heard or you wanted for her to stop for a minute.  They might be great after dinner at 10:00 pm but not at 6.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zak477 said:

In the lounge every night at 6:00 p.m. while the lounge is crowded and everyone is enjoying chatting and meeting people, these two start in and she is just plain screeching into the mike.  We even asked the GM to have the sound techs lower the volume on the speakers but they never did. 

We tried to find a lounge before dinner on Splendor last fall and started out in the Meridian Lounge.  It was great with a soloist (guitar or piano).  Then things changed and a five piece band came in and we weren't able to have conversations anymore.  We moved to the Coffee Connection or the chairs right outside the Meridian with our drinks or would go to the Observation Lounge.   We talked with someone in management, but no help.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 6:18 AM, NCCruzQueen said:

We tried to find a lounge before dinner on Splendor last fall and started out in the Meridian Lounge.  It was great with a soloist (guitar or piano).  Then things changed and a five piece band came in and we weren't able to have conversations anymore.  We moved to the Coffee Connection or the chairs right outside the Meridian with our drinks or would go to the Observation Lounge.   We talked with someone in management, but no help.

Same issues in October/November.  Music was so loud it was very uncomfortable in Meridian lounge.  Problems also with loud music in the theater.  Observation lounge pianist was not amplified so it was okay, but the pianist also sang and voice was amplified.  Would have been better without any amplification.