Changing dates after final payment.

ssalaam85

Sure, you can change, but it's basically a cancel and rebook, and you will be subject to any penalties per the payment schedule. They don't make exceptions for this. This is the exact type of situation for which the rules are in place.

Sure, you can change, but it's basically a cancel and rebook, and you will be subject to any penalties per the payment schedule. They don't make exceptions for this. This is the exact type of situation for which the rules are in place.

This is correct . Changing dates after Final is a Cancelation w/penalty, then a New Booking.

Hmm but if o/p took travel insurance would that not be a covered reason for cancellation?

Only if the OP bought insurance that covers cancel for work reasons. It is a special option on travel insurance.

And you still need to front the money for the new cruise until the insurance claim is adjudicated and paid.

Hmm but if o/p took travel insurance would that not be a covered reason for cancellation?

probably not, plus she hasn't said if she has insurance. I would recommend she call them and ask about cancellation and booking earlier. My guess is: NOPE, won't work. I hope I guessed wrong

Has anyone ever had any luck changing the dates of a cruise after final payment? I booked a cruise in May however my husband is unable to get off work but he can get off in April. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck before I call.

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app

That is nothing but a cancellation followed by a new booking. I have never heard of anyone doing that after final payment date without penalty. Good luck with your call.

All depends on the insurance policy, but generally not being able to get off work, unless you are deployed military would not be a covered reason for cancelling.