TA changed price of my cruise???

My question is about a travel agent changing the price of a cruise without notifying me.

I booked a price (printed it out) and I went in today to make a payment and I noticed they totally changed the price. making it higher ,not by much BUT that's not the point.

The point is, what if they raise the price right before final payment I don't notice it in and then they said that I hadn't pay for the WHOLE cruise ?????

Was the addition the gratuities?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was in the taxes, fees and misc

Which I know port fees fluctuate but I guess I will double check on the day before final payment and the day of... to make sure there have been NO other adjustments :o:o:o:o

My question is about a travel agent changing the price of a cruise without notifying me.

I booked a price (printed it out) and I went in today to make a payment and I noticed they totally changed the price. making it higher ,not by much BUT that's not the point.

The point is, what if they raise the price right before final payment I don't notice it in and then they said that I hadn't pay for the WHOLE cruise ?????

Just call and ask.

I thought you had to call TA to make payments rather than pay Royal direct if you used a TA. Is that not the case, just booked through TA for first time and didn’t think I could pay the remaking fare direct to Royal???

I thought you had to call TA to make payments rather than pay Royal direct if you used a TA. Is that not the case, just booked through TA for first time and didn’t think I could pay the remaking fare direct to Royal???

You are correct...you will need to make payments through your TA. Although, you will be able to make Cruise Planner purchases online or on the phone with Royal.

It was in the taxes, fees and misc

Which I know port fees fluctuate but I guess I will double check on the day before final payment and the day of... to make sure there have been NO other adjustments :o:o:o:o

Taxes don't change upwards after you have a deposit down

This is my first go round with a TA but they DO take my payments thru their website (big box)

We still don’t know what the amount was. $10, $25 ??? Was it the TA service fee?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was $5.09 pp , so clearly I'm not saying 10 bucks is a big deal ....just thought it was odd, because usually port fee changes are done once onboard