Pre booking specialty restaurants

Kierste

We aren’t quite at 90 days for our cruise, but I am able to book already for some reason. I learned in the past that NCL is bad with odd numbers, so I always book 4 for our group of 3, never had an issue. My question is, will more times likely come open? Or would I have better luck calling? Right now I have no issues with most of my bookings, but Le Bistro only has 8:30 pm and later for any size party I plug in, for all 11 nights... we eat early so DD can go hang out with her new found friends...

Well we are on the Spirit in July. If your cruise is in May, I would be worried you didn’t try and book close to 90 days... I never had problems getting early dining times before, but I booked right at 90 days.

FYI... I called NCL... she said that they have changed the system to open up ressies at 120 days now. But she did say there could be two possibilities... one, is that Le Bistro is glitching and more times will open up at my 90 day mark, or two, people already snagged the early times and I will have to wait and book on board.

That said... does anyone know, with iconcierge, can I book from the waiting area when we are waiting to board? Like teppanyaki in the spirit is not pre-bookable... or do I have to actually go talk to a person on the ship.

As we are on 3 cruises, 2 before this one, and so I was watching for them to appear. They were missing from the first day. NCL say that there is a large group booking till 8pm EVERY night of a 20 day cruise.

That is insane... I think you may have to show up at 5:15 every night and see if you can get in, if you can’t snag ressies when you get on board, I do know they hold ressies for booking on board.

When I called to see about changing my dining times to a tad earlier awhile ago the rep told me that they opened the booking earlier now because of the final payment change. Guess NCL decided not to share that piece of information. I made the reservation earlier for two and we will change to three once onboard.

I double checked today when I pre-paid my granddaughter's DSC before the price increase. DD and I have the pre-paid perk for ours.

When I called to see about changing my dining times to a tad earlier awhile ago the rep told me that they opened the booking earlier now because of the final payment change. Guess NCL decided not to share that piece of information.

People have been talking about it here for a couple weeks.

• 1 month later...
I just started looking at dining reservations for the June 7-17 Spirit. I had no idea reservations were so competitive! Having trouble fining tables for two any earlier than 9:30. Do things open up, or are we SOL?

from what I understand, only a portion open online. Goo to the reservation desk or use the app as soon as you get on board.

Just call NCL dining reservations #! I had a problem that I reported on this board about trying to book a reservation for 4 on our upcoming Baltic cruise. The online system would only show booking for 1, and only at 8:30 at night- for all the restaurants. We like eating at 5:30! I called NCL, and the rep made all 4 of my reservations then and there. She said she had all the spots open on her end, and it was a glitch on our end. Here is the number: 1-866-234-7350 - then just press the option for dining.

I just started looking at dining reservations for the June 7-17 Spirit. I had no idea reservations were so competitive! Having trouble fining tables for two any earlier than 9:30. Do things open up, or are we SOL?

If you are just now looking to book online, SOL. Go to atrium area first day early. Teppanyaki on Spirit can't be booked online in advance like most other ships.

Have fun on Spirit it is one of our favorites despite being oldest in the fleet. The aft, tiered seating area is a nice place to hang out.