How are the Swans doing 2018?

It was still close enough in the 3rd quarter with the swans down by 12 points - 77 (11.11) to 65 (10.5).

But the game was gone and the Bombers dominated in the last quarter and kicked away to win 109 (15.19) to 66 (10.6).

Swans lost again

From a Bomber supporter's point of view, a great result, not so for the Swannies. Buddy looks as if he is carrying an injury which is not helping them. We dominated from late in the 3rd quarter and went on to win by a good margin. I didn't expect it to be a win by that much, thought there would only a few points in it. The crowd was incredibly loud and the atmosphere quite amazing. Love watching the Bombers up and about.

Leigh

From a Bomber supporter's point of view, a great result, not so for the Swannies. Buddy looks as if he is carrying an injury which is not helping them. We dominated from late in the 3rd quarter and went on to win by a good margin. I didn't expect it to be a win by that much, thought there would only a few points in it. The crowd was incredibly loud and the atmosphere quite amazing. Love watching the Bombers up and about.

Leigh

A great win for your mob. I suppose they can carry that momentum and try and get into the finals.

The worst thing for the Swans is that they have had two losses to bottom eight sides (17th and 11th)and now face top eight sides in Collingwood (3rd), Melbourne (7th), GWS (6th) and Hawthorn (8th) who all still have to play this weekend and may well knock Sydney (now 5th) out of the top 8.

Geelong who were 9th and are 5th and GWS now 4th have both won today and thus overtaking Sydney due to percentage and pushing them down to 7th. Melbourne play tonight and Hawthorn still to play tomorrow.

The last four rounds are going to be interesting with teams many of the teams who are looking to contest the finals playing each other.

Leigh

The last four rounds are going to be interesting with teams many of the teams who are looking to contest the finals playing each other.

Leigh

Yes, as a team, apart from actually making the finals, you really want to be having a winning momentum going into the finals rather than reverse.

Richmond Tigers -56 points, 138%

West Coast Eagles - 52 points, 121%

Collingwood Magpies - 48 points, 118%

Port Adelaide Power - 48 points, 116%

GWS Giants - 46 points, 114%

Melbourne Demons - 44 points, 127%

Hawthorn Hawks - 44 points, 123%

Geelong Cats - 44 points, 120%

Sydney Swans -44 points, 110%

Leigh

Hawthorn are knocking Sydney down to 9th.

Just had a chance to check scores and standings. The Swans are fading, and at the worst possible time. Woe is us :(

Go Swans

ML

Tonight’s game against Collingwood will be a huge test.

Win and they can move back into the 8, lose and they tumble into holiday planning.

At least they are at home with a 7.25 start, I suspect we will know which way it is going by 9pm.

Quarter time - Swans down by 5 points, 25-20. What a round so far - 4 games where the difference at the final siren was less that 6 pts. Richmond by 3 against the Cats, Hawks by 4 points against Bombers, Kangaroos by 3pts against Lions and Crowes by 3 points against Port.

Leigh

Fantastic game! Swans win by 2 pts - 11.7.73 to Collingwood 10.11.73. Buddy kicked 6.4.

Leigh

Wow, another close one but the Swans pull it off. Thanks for the update Leigh. (Still at the lake, internet isn't great but sometimes usable).

Go Swans (and Buddy)!

We had visitors last night, they left well after midnight. So only got the score this morning. Sounds like a tight tussle that was swinging from side to side. Their third quarter comeback shows the sort of spirit they will need going into the finals (just a shame they have got themselves into needing it).

Swans are now in 6th but with GWS and Melbourne still to play they are likely to drop back down to 9th.

The teams immediately outside the 8 and those immediately above have already played, so Sydney will end the round in 6, 7, or 8th.

They play Melbourne next Sunday afternoon at the G. Another huge game for positions.

Ow my heart. A big crowd (almost 40,000) at the SCG and a huge atmosphere. I lost my voice at the final siren.

What a game and a massive effort from a team which has had to drag itself off the canvas. A big big day too for Alex Johnson, playing his first senior game since the 2012 grand final, and after 5 knee reconstructions.

Ow my heart. A big crowd (almost 40,000) at the SCG and a huge atmosphere. I lost my voice at the final siren.

What a game and a massive effort from a team which has had to drag itself off the canvas. A big big day too for Alex Johnson, playing his first senior game since the 2012 grand final, and after 5 knee reconstructions.

losfp, it was a fantastic game as have been all the five that I have watched, well parts of. Heart in mouth for the supporters of the clubs involved. It was great watching Alex Johnson play after such a horrendous run of knee injuries.

Places in the final eight are still up in the air and possibly won't know until the final game is played on the last round Sunday.

Leigh

The teams immediately outside the 8 and those immediately above have already played, so Sydney will end the round in 6, 7, or 8th.

They play Melbourne next Sunday afternoon at the G. Another huge game for positions.

Yes, sorry, they will most likely finish the round in 8th.