Instant Coffee on Princess

stevenr597

The "standard" coffee on Princess is reported to be made from syrup, and we have found it barely drinkable. We are thinking of taking some "Instant Coffee" with us. Does anybody have any suggestion as to what they would prefer in Instant Coffee. Some of our friends have told us to go with Starbucks Via Columbian.

The "standard" coffee on Princess is reported to be made from syrup, and we have found it barely drinkable. We are thinking of taking some "Instant Coffee" with us. Does anybody have any suggestion as to what they would prefer in Instant Coffee. Some of our friends have told us to go with Starbucks Via Columbian.

I would go with the coffee card for brewed coffee , tea and lattes.

I bring the Tasters Choice individual packets not the tea bag types. I can bring more than enough for a short cruise and fix it the way I like. Get them at Dollar Geberal for $1.00 for 7. No I am not a coffee fanatic and can not stand Starbucks.

The "standard" coffee on Princess is reported to be made from syrup, and we have found it barely drinkable.

What ship? The Royal class supposedly does not use syrup but has fresh brewed in the buffet and dining rooms.

We were on the regal in December and the coffee was much better than what I had remembered (MDR). We also used our coffee card for brewed coffee in the IC.

What ship? The Royal class supposedly does not use syrup but has fresh brewed in the buffet and dining rooms.

We will be on the Regal Princess. We already have a soda card, trying to decide whether to also get one of the coffee cards or go with instant.

We will be on the Regal Princess. We already have a soda card, trying to decide whether to also get one of the coffee cards or go with instant.
We have sailed on the Regal and the coffee in the buffet is brewed, not made with liquid coffee concentrate. DW usually uses a coffee card for fresh brewed coffee but didn’t need that on the Regal because of the quality of the “free” coffee. She only used the coffee card to pick up an Americano at the IC before leaving for an early tour.

Isn't the question just what YOU would prefer? Not other people?

Only you would know what you prefer?

Time to buy 2 or 3 different brands and try them at home first.

Isn't the question just what YOU would prefer? Not other people?

Only you would know what you prefer?

Time to buy 2 or 3 different brands and try them at home first.

Exactly what I was going to say. I take Via (Columbian, but only because I can't get a dark roast Via at Costco). Absolutely HATE the other instant coffees suggested in this thread. Coffee tastes are very individual.

The first few times we cruised with the IC, we loved it. Now it has become too popular for our tastes--too much standing in line for a cup of coffee. I can get to the HC, fill a couple of travel mugs with hot water and get back to our cabin much faster than getting it at the IC.