Anyone recently off the Vista in the past few weeks? How was the newly installed...

LongHill44

internet service. John H said the Vista was the first ship to be installed with a new high tech and extremely fast internet services as the others will be suited with the same in the coming months.

Suppose to be as good as home.

Anyone use the internet on the Vista in the past few weeks?

RCI has the fastest service w Voom and I wouldn’t consider it close to home speeds. They have first rights on the tech so Carnival doesn’t have it either. Wonder what speeds they get to make those claims

RCI has the fastest service w Voom and I wouldn’t consider it close to home speeds. They have first rights on the tech so Carnival doesn’t have it either. Wonder what speeds they get to make those claims

No sure Carnival itself made those claims, but that's what people have been saying.

It was just installed on the Vista within the past few weeks. It is the first ship to receive this upgrade.

No sure Carnival itself made those claims, but that's what people have been saying.

It was just installed on the Vista within the past few weeks. It is the first ship to receive this upgrade.

Wonder if it has anything to do w OceanMedallion program being trialed on Princess.

internet service. John H said the Vista was the first ship to be installed with a new high tech and extremely fast internet services as the others will be suited with the same in the coming months.

Suppose to be as good as home.

Anyone use the internet on the Vista in the past few weeks?

Never gonna happen with satellite based internet.

?? https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2615955 ??

Edited by lizardhowson

Granted, it's been a while since we cruised, but the MSC Divina had the best internet speed that we'd been on. (Sorry we weren't able to try VOOM or whatever on our RCL cruise).

We got the highest level package (at the time) for the Divina. Able to make T-mobile VOIP calls and FB/etc. worked quite well.

I don't think I tried Netflix. I think when I did speedtest app on my iPhone it reported around 8Mbps download.

Hopefully folks will report back on if this upgrade makes things better on the Vista (so far all the reviews I've seen previously are that the internet speeds are atrocious on the Vista).

I was on the Vista a few weeks ago from March 4th -10th. I had the value package.

It worked pretty well and was much faster than the terribly slow internet that I had on the Victory when I sailed back in June.

I was on the Vista a few weeks ago from March 4th -10th. I had the value package.

It worked pretty well and was much faster than the terribly slow internet that I had on the Victory when I sailed back in June.

Were you able to upload pics on the value plan?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Vista 3.18 - 24. the internet was so bad they refunded anyone who complained (which I did). They said that a part was missing and since they were in the middle of the ocean, it was hard to get spare parts. Oh, gee, thanks for the mansplaining!

It's also on Horizon and John Heald has said it's the fastest internet in the industry. He claims to be able to stream youtube and live tv...and has been using it to do live facebook videos.

First Carnival ship.

Wonder if it has anything to do w OceanMedallion program being trialed on Princess.

My guess is it is Medallion Net which is a corporate initiative that will eventually be rolled out across the brands. I would expect all new builds to come with it.

I just sailed Vista 3/24-4/1 and the internet was fantastic!

We were on the same cruise, but we had some trouble. I had the social media plan to stay in touch with my littles back home & it was the best I've ever experienced at first- very fast & consistent. I was pleasantly surprised.

Buuuut towards the end of the cruise it got very slow & I was having to frequently log out & back in. Two people with me bought a plan for just a day at the end & they both had some troubles with service going in & out. They asked about it & Carnival inmediately refunded them & me because I was under the same booking even though I wasn't there. My bf was told a few people had trouble & they were aware of an issue. We appreciated the excellent service though. We weren't looking for refunds.

The chat app was similar. Excellent at first but basically useless at the end. Messages coming in hours late or not at all- & that was across 7 people on 7 different devices.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else been able to perform any speed test with the newly upgraded internet? Any other experiences using their wifi?

I cruise in September and i am trying to decide which internet plan to prepay for. Also, has anyone been able to use Skype or any Video chatting applications... like Google Duo?