Exactly what was Holland America Thinking

Billthekid

But the language of the ship is English. It should never have been posted in the first place and should have been immediately replaced. Not to do so is to literally connect sloppiness and lack of care about details onto the ship, itself.

So, let'slighten up and enjoy the giggle. :D

Based on the grammar, who knows what they were thinking.

Unless the 2nd half of the sign fell off.

i.e. DO NOT USE IF YOUR ELDERLY OR PREGNANT ..

- wife is naked

- daughter can't see you in a bathing suit

- girlfriend is sleeping

- dog is onboard

.. the possibilities are not quite endless, but plentiful

You are funny! Can we cruise with you?? We have taken pictures of this sort of thing, but usually they are paper signs. Our recent favorite was some "Wet Pain" signs along a newly painted railing. Pain at sea is wet evidently! Who let them have access to the sign machine? Funny. I am sure it is corrected by now. ever visit engrish.com??

http://www.engrish.com/

Many signs are made onboard, as are the printing of daily programs, menus, invitations, etc. Since English is probably a second language for most of the crew, I think they do quite well.

English is certainly a second language for Siri as my iPhone regularly proves.

Sorry, but I just cannot use the hot tubs on cruise ships. It's basically bacteria soup! Have you noticed the people with their beers who stay in the tub for a very long time? You just know what's in that water! And, all those kids? Well, you can just imagine! Yuck!!!

MANY years ago, a Celebrity ship, the Horizon had an outbreak of Legionaires Disease and the source was t raced to the hot tub. THAT was plenty for me to hear. There is NO public hot tub into which I would put myself

Edited by sail7seas

MANY years ago, a Celebrity ship, the Horizon had an outbreak of Legionaires Disease and the source was t raced to the hot tub. THAT was plenty for me to hear. There is NO public hot tub into which I would put myself

Amen to that. I won't use them either. The only one I would use would be my own....if I had one.

As my DH says "I don't want to take a bath with a stranger"...I feel the same way. Germ Pit is what I call them...!:eek:

Amen to that. I won't use them either. The only one I would use would be my own....if I had one.

As my DH says "I don't want to take a bath with a stranger"...I feel the same way. Germ Pit is what I call them...!:eek:[/quoT]

yES, yOU HAVE that Right. :eek:

As my DH says "I don't want to take a bath with a stranger"...I feel the same way. Germ Pit is what I call them...!:eek:[/quoT]

Years ago my neighbor got a big one and wanted us to come over and get in it.. we said no thank you. Wouldn't get in one even with people we knew well....

As I get older I get a little more paranoid about "germ pits"....when I was young I wouldn't give it a second thought. Older and wiser now!;)

yES, yOU HAVE that Right. :eek:

Some how my comment got posted in the middle of the quote...sorry about that!

I don't even get in public pools at hotels unless they look really spotless and meticulously maintained....of course, I'm not there with a test kit to make sure, but sometimes you can tell a lot by just looking at how well/clean a public area is taken care of.....foolproof, no, but it's a start.

That is one reason the air jets on cruise ship hot tubs have been de-activated. The temperature in the hot tub is the prime breeding temperature for legionella, and then you aerosolize it with the air jets. Removing the air jets took away most of the danger, along with the daily super-chlorination.

The tubs in HAL Neptune Suites are whirlpool and somehimes on t ur n around day of our B-to-B' cruises, I have been present in my sutie when the steward runs bleach tthrough the jets. I am always happy to see that. :)

That is one reason the air jets on cruise ship hot tubs have been de-activated. The temperature in the hot tub is the prime breeding temperature for legionella, and then you aerosolize it with the air jets. Removing the air jets took away most of the danger, along with the daily super-chlorination.
I remember when that illness was announced as having been present on horizon. We had just s ailed on her sister ship, Zenith.

The tubs in HAL Neptune Suites are whirlpool and somehimes on t ur n around day of our B-to-B' cruises, I have been present in my sutie when the steward runs bleach tthrough the jets. I am always happy to see that. :)

That's a USPH requirement for the "private" whirlpools, sanitized between each guest.

That's a USPH requirement for the "private" whirlpools, sanitized between each guest.

That is great to know and also great that I know HAL really does it. :)

When we did bv-tob's, we always stayed in same suite for second segment so ti is particularlly in teresting that efven though tnesame guests wsere staying of the next x cruise, they ran the bleach through anyway. I like that just fine. :)

That is great to know and also great that I know HAL really does it. :)

When we did bv-tob's, we always stayed in same suite for second segment so ti is particularlly in teresting that efven though tnesame guests wsere staying of the next x cruise, they ran the bleach through anyway. I like that just fine. :)

That shows that following USPH requirements is "muscle memory" for them, and it just gets done every turn around day, regardless of whether you're changing out or not. Shows good sanitation culture.

http://www.satview.org/?sat_id=37820U

Interesting. On the Chinese satellite webpage it has the live location of the satellite and an X in North Carolina.

3 hours to reentry.

On 2nd thought, maybe you meant it WAS going to hit my house...X marks the spot? Gee whiz, I hope not! I've said a prayer just in case!