Exactly what was Holland America Thinking

Billthekid

Based on the grammar, who knows what they were thinking.

Unless the 2nd half of the sign fell off.

i.e. DO NOT USE IF YOUR ELDERLY OR PREGNANT ..

- wife is naked

- daughter can't see you in a bathing suit

- girlfriend is sleeping

- dog is onboard

.. the possibilities are not quite endless, but plentiful

Given the Cleveland Clinic link that was provided, I understand what HAL is trying to do: trying to prevent a lawsuit or any legal responsibility if someone is elderly or pregnant and suffers an adverse reaction by using a hot tub. Would such apply to the Hydrotherapy Pool as well? I'd think so.

I find the "protect me from myself" thinking tiresome. I think about all of the "now considered hazardous things" that I have done and sometimes marvel that I am still on this side of the grass!

- wife is naked

- girlfriend is sleeping

- dog is onboard

Well done for catching the grammatical error. I like your "fill in the blank" options!

Given the Cleveland Clinic link that was provided, I understand what HAL is trying to do: trying to prevent a lawsuit or any legal responsibility if someone is elderly or pregnant and suffers an adverse reaction by using a hot tub. Would such apply to the Hydrotherapy Pool as well? I'd think so.

I find the "protect me from myself" thinking tiresome. I think about all of the "now considered hazardous things" that I have done and sometimes marvel that I am still on this side of the grass!

The hydrotherapy pool is not as hot as the hot tubs. I find most hot tubs uncomfortable, but the hydrotherapy pool is perfect. I can't remember seeing any "don't sue us" signs in the spa, but I haven't looked for any, either.

The hydrotherapy pool is not as hot as the hot tubs. I find most hot tubs uncomfortable, but the hydrotherapy pool is perfect. I can't remember seeing any "don't sue us" signs in the spa, but I haven't looked for any, either.

Your experience mirrors mine. I can spend quite a bit of time in the Hydrotherapy Pools on the Vista and Signature Class ships. Absolutely love it!!!!

Cleveland Clinic offers these precautions when using a hot tub - what they can do to your heart ....which is the "elderly" warning I suppose: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/hot-tubs-can-land-your-heart-in-hot-water/

However, I could call these on HAL Tepid Tubs; not hot tubs.

It is good that I stay out of hot tubs

If the hot tubs on HAL are actually HOT, (woefully lukewarm on Princess) then I might give them a try !

And if they are not overrun by children, etc... (also a problem on many other cruise lines)

But, on second thought if that language means 'elderly and possibly incontinent????

I don't mean to second the comment above.... but...

If the hot tubs on HAL are actually HOT, (woefully lukewarm on Princess) then I might give them a try !

And if they are not overrun by children, etc... (also a problem on many other cruise lines)

But, on second thought if that language means 'elderly and possibly incontinent????

I don't mean to second the comment above.... but...

no fun on holland anymore...can't get in the hot tub and BB kings are going away. we won't choose them again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is also what happens when the sign maker has English as a second language: "your" for "you're".

I am guessing that the English as a second language sign maker spelled it just the English as a first language manager told him to.

Where is the grammar vigilante when you need him? http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-39459831/meet-the-grammar-vigilante-of-bristol

I am guessing that the English as a second language sign maker spelled it just the English as a first language manager told him to.

Where is the grammar vigilante when you need him? http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-39459831/meet-the-grammar-vigilante-of-bristol

The grammar vigilante is already in the hot tub, naturally. Elderly is always someone 10 years older than yourself.

Isn't "elderly" in this context about health, fitness and specific medical conditions?

Too hard to list on a sign all the medical conditions besides pregnancy that do not mix with hot tubs:

Heart disease; problems with dehydration, low blood pressure, arythmias, dizziness; use of beta blockers and diuretics.

Edited by SilvertoGold

- wife is naked

- girlfriend is sleeping

- dog is onboard

Love it!