change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

So do you have a problem with the free drinks in the DL too? I've always had to spend money to get a drink at home. Spending money on a drink, why that must be new to millions of people.

This was just posted on the Facebook C&A group, we’ll see if it pans out or not:

“Read a posting yesterday regarding Diamond benefit of one day free internet going away. Well I emailed Michael Bayley YESTERDAY and today I received a PHONE CALL from his assistant stating he had forwarded my email and to please address it. No benefits are being taking away! An answer less than 24 hours after asking and a phone call to boot. Was also told I might get an email from Millie with same info.

THIS IS WHY I AM LOYAL TO ROYAL!”

I sure hope this holds true. We bought the package for an 18 day TP cruise and will never do that again. We were often out of range and had zero connection at all. We were warned that it could happen, but we didn't think it would be that often. Do another TP in October and will only need a couple of days so Mike can put in his bids. If it wasn't for that we could do without it as I really was just reading up on the news and such.

I am still on the Liberty OTS using my second day of free internet. Just some additional information about my being told about the upcoming change.. When I went to the internet cafe to rant, the crew person there wanted an exact description of the guest service employee who told me of the change. She was very upset and said she had briefed guest services earlier that day. I firmly believe the change was planned. It may have been only on a couple of ships.

I hope that based on some of the reassurances that have been provided by corporate that the change is being canceled or at least reconsidered. I will attempt to get more info before debark tomorrow.

I am still on the Liberty OTS using my second day of free internet. Just some additional information about my being told about the upcoming change.. When I went to the internet cafe to rant, the crew person there wanted an exact description of the guest service employee who told me of the change. She was very upset and said she had briefed guest services earlier that day. I firmly believe the change was planned. It may have been only on a couple of ships.

I hope that based on some of the reassurances that have been provided by corporate that the change is being canceled or at least reconsidered. I will attempt to get more info before debark tomorrow.

Not suppose to go into effect until April 5th

My reply from Michael Bayley's office.....

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr.*Ammons,

Thank you for contacting *Michael Bayley regarding your loyalty benefits. My name is Millie Quiles, and I am the Crown & Anchor Society Member Director, and I wanted to make sure I reach out to you personally.

First of all thank you for your loyalty. Our top tier members like yourself are very important to us, and it’s always a priority that we deliver the best loyalty benefits in the industry. In the recent years, the internet benefit has become one of the most highly coveted onboard perks we offer. Therefore, I want to assure you that your internet benefit is still the same and is not being removed.

Mr.*Ammons,*thank you for your email. If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate in contacting me directly. Enjoy your weekend.

Millie A. Quiles

Crown & Anchor Society Member Director*

(305) 814-1834 | mquiles@rccl.com

[cid:image001]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Be she also emailed this :

We were piloting some discounts on the system, and they went live prematurely. Your benefit will stay the same. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hoping to see you again soon.

Millie A. Quiles

Crown & Anchor Society Member Director

Be she also emailed this :

We were piloting some discounts on the system, and they went live prematurely. Your benefit will stay the same. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hoping to see you again soon.

Millie A. Quiles

Crown & Anchor Society Member Director

Maybe Royal is going try to entice us off our free days with a discounted package.

Like they already try to do that with the beverage package. They know we have our 3 free and it would take a discount for us to purchase a package.

????

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I saw this post on Facebook today. Do all D+ feel this way? Heck with the new Diamonds and soon to be D+, just take care of us. Too funny. Too selfish.

“As a diamond plus member of RCC I am extremely disappointed to hear that you are taking away our 2 free days of internet. I feel that if you find too many people are reaching the ranks of diamond and diamond plus you should change the number of points on newer cruisers and the ones who have earned their status should stay where they are and not keep loosing their privileges.”

Tell us how you really feel......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

And they figured out a way around that by offering prices with "instant savings" which are not combinable with balcony discounts.

I saw this post on Facebook today. Do all D+ feel this way? Heck with the new Diamonds and soon to be D+, just take care of us. Too funny. Too selfish.

“As a diamond plus member of RCC I am extremely disappointed to hear that you are taking away our 2 free days of internet. I feel that if you find too many people are reaching the ranks of diamond and diamond plus you should change the number of points on newer cruisers and the ones who have earned their status should stay where they are and not keep loosing their privileges.”

Tell us how you really feel......

Yes in a way because it was benefits that were promised to us. If the new people were never promised the same benefits that D & D+ now receive then they can't be upset. Never promised to them, never received them and can't be upset because it was never theirs in the first place.

Lets say you were promised a bonus at the end of the year if you did x, y & z after being a loyal employee for ? years. The new hire was never promised a bonus so he/she wouldn't be expecting it. Now someone decides to change their mind and tell you you aren't going to get your bonus. How would you feel?

I don’t think they should move the goal posts. They’re doing well enough diminishing benefits to slow growth.

Now let me explain that as relates to me and my perspective, I certainly don’t speak for everyone.

When I look for a cruise I have many different factors at play; does it go somewhere new to me, or at least somewhere I want to go, does the timing work for us, and is it within our budget. If all 3 are yes then I move on to actual costs and value.

Each perk or benefit I get on any given line is worth some amount of real dollars. I add up total benefits value, subtract from overall cruise cost, divide by number of people, then divide by number of days and I then can compare cruise lines and ships on an apples to apples cost basis. I’ll run a second comparison to see what happens if I equalize benefits (or as close as possible) Simple.

There isn’t a resort, airline, cruise, car rental, anything marketing reward program that makes me feel important or superior to anyone else. The reason I don’t understand your championing of reducing benefits is because I don’t understand the mindset at all. Why should I say anyone deserves less than they were induced to spend money to get? I feel it’s the companies operational challenge to make sure they can deliver on their promises.

Changes to Royals program that devalue the benefits makes it easier to consider other lines and for the past 5 years or so that is what we have done. With the nights added up I’d only be another year, maybe two, from D+. But at this rate I’m prob 10 years because other cruise lines are all in the running. And I’m in it for value not a pin. It’s not a real accomplishment

In this situation I feel offended because it’s not a benefit reduction on new bookings or bookings outside of final payment; it is something that changes the value of my vacation package a few days out and really nothing I can do about it. If I want the same outcome or experience I now have to spend more money.

Yes in a way because it was benefits that were promised to us. If the new people were never promised the same benefits that D & D+ now receive then they can't be upset. Never promised to them, never received them and can't be upset because it was never theirs in the first place.

Lets say you were promised a bonus at the end of the year if you did x, y & z after being a loyal employee for ? years. The new hire was never promised a bonus so he/she wouldn't be expecting it. Now someone decides to change their mind and tell you you aren't going to get your bonus. How would you feel?

So you don’t believe those seeking Diamond or those soon to be Diamond Plus don’t know the perks?

It’s an easy cop out to just say leave us as we are and prevent the rest from joining in. I thought the plan was to entice loyalty.

Very selfish and many of the attitudes many witness in the Lounges.

I don’t think they should move the goal posts. They’re doing well enough diminishing benefits to slow growth.

Now let me explain that as relates to me and my perspective, I certainly don’t speak for everyone.

When I look for a cruise I have many different factors at play; does it go somewhere new to me, or at least somewhere I want to go, does the timing work for us, and is it within our budget. If all 3 are yes then I move on to actual costs and value.

Each perk or benefit I get on any given line is worth some amount of real dollars. I add up total benefits value, subtract from overall cruise cost, divide by number of people, then divide by number of days and I then can compare cruise lines and ships on an apples to apples cost basis. I’ll run a second comparison to see what happens if I equalize benefits (or as close as possible) Simple.

There isn’t a resort, airline, cruise, car rental, anything marketing reward program that makes me feel important or superior to anyone else. The reason I don’t understand your championing of reducing benefits is because I don’t understand the mindset at all. Why should I say anyone deserves less than they were induced to spend money to get? I feel it’s the companies operational challenge to make sure they can deliver on their promises.

Changes to Royals program that devalue the benefits makes it easier to consider other lines and for the past 5 years or so that is what we have done. With the nights added up I’d only be another year, maybe two, from D+. But at this rate I’m prob 10 years because other cruise lines are all in the running. And I’m in it for value not a pin. It’s not a real accomplishment

In this situation I feel offended because it’s not a benefit reduction on new bookings or bookings outside of final payment; it is something that changes the value of my vacation package a few days out and really nothing I can do about it. If I want the same outcome or experience I now have to spend more money.

Would you mind sharing the values?

Free drinks in DL

Three Free drinks on SeaPass

Internet

And there is more.

We don’t buy the internet package as our two 24 hours were enough.

I’m not opposed to any of the perks. There is just no practical way Royal can increase the size of C&A Lounges. Suite Guests don’t want the negativity expressed by some members as listed above in their Lounges. Maybe why the elimination of the CL and creating SL.

I read people complaining about the conversion made. 3 nights got more value than 7/9 night cruises

I enjoy the C&A program too. The numbers of those with status will continue to climb until something changes. I believe the majority D+ would love to ban or kick out the Diamonds from the lounge. The same thing many are complaining about.

I say if people don’t like it, book something else.

I have never seen the word promise used with c&a benifits. Can you give us a link for that?

This is regular used though in the terms and conditions

"Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & AnchorSociety® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditionsof participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.Membership may be terminated at our sole discretion "

I have never seen the word promise used with c&a benifits. Can you give us a link for that?

This is regular used though in a he terms and conditions

"Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & AnchorSociety[emoji768] Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditionsof participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.Membership may be terminated at our sole discretion "

Yes. I think many lose sight of this and completely ignore.

Would you mind sharing the values?

Free drinks in DL

Three Free drinks on SeaPass

Internet

And there is more.

If we are looking at balconies I'll factor in a balcony discount.

We take the offer on the free photos; those have a real dollar value of $30-$45 (depending whose prices you look at).

There are other coupons such as a bogo drink or milkshake; granted not life changing amounts but dollars are dollars.

Intangibles such as priority check in line are nice as well, but have pretty much equalized that across all lines at this point.

I get different benefits on other lines, with different values, but, again, real dollar amounts.

I can't say what majority of D+ or D members think or feel towards other C&A members.

"Loyalty" is marketing babble. And these are marketing programs. It's as much about retention as it is providing incentive to new cruisers to climb the ladder. Same as any other cruise line in that respect. But for years I think it was commonly held opinion that Royal's program was certainly, if not the best, a top contender for mass market lines. Erode that too much and people who cruise infrequently may not see any reason to stick with one line to earn anything. Doesn't take a Gold member being a rocket surgeon to figure out if D+ and D get devalued steadily there's not much sense in spending money to get there, if that's your goal.

Very aware of it. Boilerplate language put in many offers between companies and consumers. There to protect company entirely. Having a right to do something doesn't always make it the right thing to do though.

I have to go find this post. Just when you think you have seen it all... (most the time I can't figure them out AND I saw the demonstration one cruse!)

If you google "Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society" on that site you will see her review. She is the second review down.

So you don’t believe those seeking Diamond or those soon to be Diamond Plus don’t know the perks?

It’s an easy cop out to just say leave us as we are and prevent the rest from joining in. I thought the plan was to entice loyalty.

Very selfish and many of the attitudes many witness in the Lounges.

If you would have read my example you would have understood what I was saying. "The new hire was never promised a bonus". Key word being "new" hire as in someone who hasn't joined the program yet. Now to be on the safe side I will explain it another way. :D

"If the new people" by this I mean the ones who haven't signed up yet. The ones already in the program should be able to attain the benefits that were in place when they first started. This would also apply to the gold members on up since they are already in the program such as being grandfathered in.

BTW, I agree the plan should be to entice loyalty. I think it would be good to extend the benefits to new people also, but I don't think they should take away what is already in place. I would think it would be a good option instead of decreasing the benefits that were already given/promised.

Benefits given and then taken away equals pissed off people who decide not to be loyal to Royal anymore.

Benefits that were never promised and therefor can't be taken away equals ignorant bliss. Ok, ignorant is not the right word, but you should get my drift.

This is regular used though in the terms and conditions

"Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & AnchorSociety® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditionsof participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.Membership may be terminated at our sole discretion "

By having the C & A membership the benefits are implied, but we are well aware that Royal can do whatever they want whenever they want. Same goes for loyal customers, they can just as easily spend their $$$ elsewhere.

Very aware of it. Boilerplate language put in many offers between companies and consumers. There to protect company entirely. Having a right to do something doesn't always make it the right thing to do though.

So true. It gives them a way out, but not the consumer. We would be penalized for it.

Really I believe the biggest complaint would be the lack of communication, if they are planning on changing the perks it is nice to have a heads up and not to be blindsided while on board. Just like the disastrous launch of their new website. I hate to say it but to me it seems to be poor upper management.

Sent from my H1611 using Forums mobile app

I spoke with the Diamond concierge tonight. He said the test was on the Grandeur, the Liberty and the Adventure. They got so much negative feedback from all of us, that they have canceled the change.

Interesting. One of the onboard reports was from the Brilliance.

I spoke with the Diamond concierge tonight. He said the test was on the Grandeur, the Liberty and the Adventure. They got so much negative feedback from all of us, that they have canceled the change.

What ship are you on? Sorry if it is in your signature (I have those turned off to save page space).

I hope the cancellation is true. I will be on the Grandeur on the next sailing on Apr 5th. This cruise docks at 3 American ports so am looking forward to having the 2 free days of internet to use the latter part of the trip (traveling solo).